By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zexen_lowe said:
Vetteman94 said:
zexen_lowe said:

We can't afford lynching someone till we can know how many modkills will the be. The first lynch is always the "blindest" one, imagine if we lynch someone outside the two "leaving players" (since nordlead already has replaced one) and noname tells us there were no suitable replacement and thus we end up with three people down which could very well be all town. We'd be doomed from the start

I think it's worth holding off the vote till we get confirmation, which should be soon anyways. And if there's no modkill, then we shouldn't go for No Lynch at all

Well if there are no modkills who do you like so far as a lynch possibility

My vote is on nen by now, I still don't like how he tried to cast doubts on what I posted, but I think we should go for one that both looks suspicious and that in the case he were town it wouldn't be someone that's good for scum-hunting. I'll explain: let's analyze Gnizmo, he might be town, he might be scum, we can't know for sure and he's not gonna put us easy to figure it out which he is, but if he's town he'd be a great asset because he has great scum-hunting abilities,  so it'd be a big loss if Gnizmo is lynched (I'm not saying it'd happen) and he turns out town. On the other hand, people like radishhead (who dtewi showed me that last game he didn't even read his PM, played all the game thinking he was playing for the other side he actually was and then quoting his role PM in the middle of the game) well, mislyinching him would be a lesser loss than mislynching proven good players like FF, Gnizmo or nordlead.

Of course, you might say that, if FF, nordlead or Gniz are in reality scum, them being alive is worse than if a bad player is alive scum, that much is true, I'm just saying that when in doubt we should prioritize lynching "non-assets", but if a good player appears scum, then a lynch will be in order. Then again, I don't expect any of them to appear scum early in the game, they're far too experienced for them to be

Still, I don't think any user yet has a sign "LYNCH ME", but those are my two cents

I agree with this.  Keeping people who who have a better chance of being an asset to the town is important and should be considered in a first day lynch if its going to happen.  Even though i mostly disagree with 1st day lynches

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Now maybe I am alone on this but I absolutely disagree with the bolded, the past interactions have to be taken into consideration in case they have an important role.  Being someone who did this in a previous game and had to account for the previous players actions is not good but its part of the game as that was the role I was playing.

I understand your concerns, but as many have pointed out it's still quite early in the game (Day One, fewer than half the people have even voted yet) that I feel comfortable with taking linkz' suggestion. 

It may ultimately prove moot: out of three players, two have exactly one post by my count, each of which is an introductory post, and it looks like I will be unable to get a third alternate.  I'm going out for dinner, and should return in little over an hour: if I don't have anyone wishing to join before then, I will modkill the most active of the three (GoW) and replace IMU with dtewi.  In light of the deafening silence I've received so far from nearly everyone I've asked to join, I think this is the best way to get the game back on track: I apologize to everyone for disrupting the game this much already.

noname2200 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Now maybe I am alone on this but I absolutely disagree with the bolded, the past interactions have to be taken into consideration in case they have an important role.  Being someone who did this in a previous game and had to account for the previous players actions is not good but its part of the game as that was the role I was playing.

I understand your concerns, but as many have pointed out it's still quite early in the game (Day One, fewer than half the people have even voted yet) that I feel comfortable with taking linkz' suggestion. 

It may ultimately prove moot: out of three players, two have exactly one post by my count, each of which is an introductory post, and it looks like I will be unable to get a third alternate.  I'm going out for dinner, and should return in little over an hour: if I don't have anyone wishing to join before then, I will modkill the most active of the three (GoW) and replace IMU with dtewi.  In light of the deafening silence I've received so far from nearly everyone I've asked to join, I think this is the best way to get the game back on track: I apologize to everyone for disrupting the game this much already.

Well if you were going to follow his suggestion then I am glad it looks like GodofWar is going to be modkilled.

Vetteman94 said:
Linkzmax said:

Since three players are being swapped, simply give the new three their roles and don't inform them or us who they're coming in for. 

Could you explain yourself further? At this point of the game I don't think it affects anyone very much, except probably saving GOW's replacement from a ton of questioning about everything he did. Answers that they wouldn't know anyway, so all we have to go on is GOW's own word.

Though I'd agree if on a later day there was some crisis that saw multiple people needing replacements and they were available, everyone should be informed of the exact transaction.

Vetteman94 said:

Well if you were going to follow his suggestion then I am glad it looks like GodofWar is going to be modkilled.

You've been very gung-ho about GOW getting modkilled instead of replaced, with the only stated reason being the way he asked for replacement. I already agreed it was a crappy way and should be punished in the form of a future round; however, you have yet to say a word about him otherwise. So why are you so against him being replaced, and anonymously at that?

If you had suspicions of him for whatever reason and didn't want to point them out and thus give him a chance to shy away from that behavior, then it shouldn't take too long to figure out which dtewi/other guy(if there is one) took over the spot.

Around the Network

@ Linkz: 

At the time, I was voting No Lynch and GOW was withdrawing from the game and it didn't look like he was going to get a replacement.  So there was absolutely no reason not to switch that "No Lynch" vote to a GOW vote, since it would effectively do nothing more or less than save waiting for a modkill (if it achieved majority). 

I thought that plan, which Heph proposed, was "neat".  That's all. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@FF:
Gotcha, I understood the vote for that. I just misread the line and took it as if you were implying GOW had some plan and couldn't understand how it would be "neat"

Alright, no one has volunteered to join the game, so dtewi is replacing IMU1808, and GodOfWar has been modkilled.  Please envision an appropriately gruesome fate for the modkill, perhaps one revolving around a stranger in a white van luring him in with promises of a PSP bundle, and then the body being found the next day with said bundle inserted somewhere painful.

Linkzmax said:
Vetteman94 said:

You've been very gung-ho about GOW getting modkilled instead of replaced, with the only stated reason being the way he asked for replacement. I already agreed it was a crappy way and should be punished in the form of a future round; however, you have yet to say a word about him otherwise. So why are you so against him being replaced, and anonymously at that?

If you had suspicions of him for whatever reason and didn't want to point them out and thus give him a chance to shy away from that behavior, then it shouldn't take too long to figure out which dtewi/other guy(if there is one) took over the spot.

I have no problem with him being replaced,  I just want to know who replaced him,  thats all its a simple concept.  I am against your idea of it being anonymous.

Current votes (11 needed to lynch):

[0, L-11] GOW:  (MG)(HEPH)(FF)

[1, L-10] MG:  GOW

[0, L-11] FF:  (PROF)

[1, L-10] NEN:  ZEX

[1, L-10] PROF: GNIZ

[1, L-10] GNIZ: PROF

[2, L-9] No Lynch: VET, WONK

[1, L-10] HAT: NORD

One thing to note, I have nullified all of the votes that were on GodOfWar, as they are no longer necessary.  Those votes are now unassigned.