By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

I think I forgot to address a couple of things. 

Thing No. 1:  I really like the role PMs, judging by my own.  Nothing fancy, but solid, setting explicit yet brief parameters for newbies.  Just wanted to throw that out there. 

HoS FF for posting something that should have been in PM to the mod.

So now we have indications on your PM. Did you not notice that PM info can be used when you were mod? See by posting you imply many things, namely that others won't find your description wierd.

and how is thing #1 a couple of things??

This is a vanilla game so roles ARE simple.

I agree that we shouldn't hint anything about our PMs even as simple as saying "the Pms are simple",

but since its a vanilla game its not that big of a deal.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Hephaestos said:
theprof00 said:
Hephaestos said:

wellI played one round with him and what I recall is that he's a good and thourough player... I think you've been overanalysing his words too much as it is understandable that you sound wierd and overactive to people who haven't played with you before. Just my take on the two of you.

I want to know what you think about his response to stelf. It's shown above.

Stefl made a list of people who hadn't posted, and gniz responded with what I saw as an insult (basically calling townies headless chickens).

He denies defending these players who haven't posted on top of it.

I didn't read it with an other meaning than what he said. I find the discutions (especially the mafia number) to be pretty poor myself and I don't think it should be read as a defence of the non posters but more at an attack on the level of the discution.

listen Heph.

Stefl simply posted a list of people who hadn't posted along with the recency of their presence.

HOW? How is attacking the discussion any kind of a response to stefl's post. Please enlighten me. I understand that the discussion is bad, but how is the quality and tone of his response, relevant as a response?

I'm not reading deeply into it, I'm simply pointing out what I see.

I see a good post...one that I myself was wondering about but too lazy to look up, and then an aggressive comment as a response.

I read that a  few times already. I made the list, but ok. Just wanting to point that out. Dunno if that has been said already, I was at this point when catching up.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

I read that a  few times already. I made the list, but ok. Just wanting to point that out. Dunno if that has been said already, I was at this point when catching up.

Yes... it was already pointed out by me and by prof himself

Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:

You're really making me work for this aren't you, Gniz? I have to reorganize my post because you don't care to respond to bolded typing within a quote.

Firstly, I would like (see? I said, "I would like". No demands here. If you feel you are above answering questions, then, well...there are consequences for that.)

...again, I would like to know in what context "without a lot of accuracy" you meant. As in, why use the word 'accuracy', specifically. What point are you trying to make? Simply throwing out criticisms without extrapolation or evidence concerns me. Are you implying that I'm misunderstanding things, or targeting the wrong people? Really, some clarification there would be appreciated.

I acknowledge that townies are chasing their own tails. There's nothing concrete in that discussion unless someone slips. I know that. Yet, I also feel that when stefl listed those 3 people and their recency it was aside from that discussion. It was  a seperate idea. I am confused about why you would point out the #Mafia discussion as a response to that individual idea. It doesn't appear relevant to me to say lurkers can lurk because there is no good discussion. A townie's purpose is to find mafia. A lurking townie cannot fulfil that role, and are additionally implicating themselves as lurking mafia. A lurking townie is a hazard, and I do not see how it is relevant when you give them a defense at the cost of insulting people who are actively playing, or trying to play, at the least.

Lastly, I did not vote out of revenge. I voted because I believe you are acting scummy. I believe that your response to stefl was scummy. I believe that your evasion is scummy.

If you don't answer this, I really don't know what else to do for your 'situation'. I'll have to just let it ride and wait 'til others ask for answers too.

I am a trying person to say the least. I own up it though for whatever that is worth.

The accuracy line I either had explained in an early version of the post, or thought I had explained but my drug riddled brain is seeing something others wouldn't. Essentially you claimed I am some how defending the people in question, which is false. You also falsely assume I am saying lurkers can lurk without any good discussion. This ignores a much better, and obvious reason. Nothing has even happened yet.

All of this is based on you attributing a given thought process, or goal to my posts when in reality I was just refuting the usefulness of the list at this juncture. The information is misleading because it does not have the weight it appears to on the surface. In a few days the list will be a very useful tool, but early on it just spurs people into posting for the sake of posting something which adds nothing at all. Further it helps obfuscate people who are posting for the sake of posting as a play style which typically ends up as a mafia tactic. In other words it scares townies into shifty behavior.

Appearances are also more important than what is actually going on. The appearance of your vote is a revenge vote. Combine this with over analyzing and over justifying every action and you get behavior I have seen mafia players hide behind very often. Whether that is how you play, or because you are mafia we will just have to wait and see.

So over-all I am saying you are jumping to a lot of false conclusions extremely rapidly either intentionally or otherwise. Neither is helpful, and both can be harmful. If you feel that is insulting then thats how it is. I am a very blunt person. I do not bother trying to sugar coat anything I say for the sake of others feelings.

The hatmoza bit is very simple. I believe in patterns. More than once I have used identical tactics to flush out scum. Parroting seemingly innocuous information that in theory could be posted by anyone in a game but always got posted by a mafia member.

Fair enough, I see your point. I have to admit, when I made that I list, I haven't put so much thoughts in it liek you do. I just knew from previous mafia games finding out who is lurking early in the game has helped the town.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Final-Fan said:

However, it occurs to me that you may have thought I was implying I had a power role.  Therefore the mafia might have jumped to the same conclusion. 

Therefore, I would appreciate a little doctor protection tonight, unless that worthy somehow finds a better way to spend the night. 

Well actually no. I believe it could have been more a hint at being vanilla townie, otherwise, why would you assume it would not shock anyone, a power role by essence is different than the others and its description might shock.

However, you hinting at being a power role and asking for doc prompts me to ask not to protect you and call for your investigation instead.

Though I believe prof and zexen are equaly good investigation targets tonight.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Maybe I'll stick around for a while...but if I can't be here much, I'd let you guys know.

Also, it would help if you guys didn't make a 10,000 posts over here -_-

Well this is odd indeed that you asked to mod and all of a sudden you ask to quit,  and now you're back?

Don't take this personnaly, but this with the way you bent to presure at the first comment from link early on does not read too well. If you're faking this attitude, then it's lynch worthy, if you're really in a jam irl, then this will let you out of the game without remorse and without skewing the game.

I motion the town for a vote on GoW. This should satisfy the no lynch crowd too as it'll be instead of a potential modkill, so neutral.

Vote : GoW

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Maybe I'll stick around for a while...but if I can't be here much, I'd let you guys know.

Also, it would help if you guys didn't make a 10,000 posts over here -_-

Well this is odd indeed that you asked to mod and all of a sudden you ask to quit,  and now you're back?

Don't take this personnaly, but this with the way you bent to presure at the first comment from link early on does not read too well. If you're faking this attitude, then it's lynch worthy, if you're really in a jam irl, then this will let you out of the game without remorse and without skewing the game.

I motion the town for a vote on GoW. This should satisfy the no lynch crowd too as it'll be instead of a potential modkill, so neutral.

Vote : GoW

Hold on, I'm re-reading the thread...but where did I bend to pressure at the first comment from link ? Where are you getting that ? -_-

WOOT WOOT !!! I just got my Limited Edition God of War Ghost of Sparta PSP !!!!!

Modkill/Replace/Nightkill/Lynch me !

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:
However, it occurs to me that you may have thought I was implying I had a power role.  Therefore the mafia might have jumped to the same conclusion. 

Therefore, I would appreciate a little doctor protection tonight, unless that worthy somehow finds a better way to spend the night. 

Well actually no. I believe it could have been more a hint at being vanilla townie, otherwise, why would you assume it would not shock anyone, a power role by essence is different than the others and its description might shock.

However, you hinting at being a power role and asking for doc prompts me to ask not to protect you and call for your investigation instead.

Though I believe prof and zexen are equaly good investigation targets tonight.

Look.  Hephaestos.  Unlike "that other game", I am not referencing or revealing any specific content, any hint that could refer IN ANY WAY to my role, I am simply praising the way in which my PM (and hence, I presume, everyone's) was written.  That is why the contents of my PM cannot shock anyone:  because no one knows them.  You are making this into a big huge deal that somehow reveals that I'm a townie, or power role, or anything beyond a person who has received a well written role PM, and it's just not true. 

You are obsessing over this, and I don't like it.  I don't like it because it (with past behavior) indicates a fixation on seeking exploits to break games in which you play.  And I don't like it because, alternatively, you may simply be trying to throw a little suspicion around. 

FoS Hephaestos

P.S.  I am only asking for the doctor because IMO you've made me potentially a mafia target, and more likely to die by mafia tonight.  So I want to live, and incidentally I want to suggest to the doctor that I might be more likely to be a successful protection recipient than some random person; and also the mafia may steer clear just on the basis that the doctor might protect me.  It's really a sensible thing to do as long as people don't try to abuse the technique (e.g. 5 people jumping on it).  I don't have to be a power role to do this, and I have not hinted that I am, nor hinted that I am not. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

But fine. 

Unvote No Lynch
Vote GodOfWar_3ever

Just because I hate and suspect Heph doesn't mean I can't tell a neat plan when I see it.  And it did sound as if a second replacement was relatively unlikely. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!