By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Final-Fan said:

I think I forgot to address a couple of things. 

Thing No. 1:  I really like the role PMs, judging by my own.  Nothing fancy, but solid, setting explicit yet brief parameters for newbies.  Just wanted to throw that out there. 

HoS FF for posting something that should have been in PM to the mod.

So now we have indications on your PM. Did you not notice that PM info can be used when you were mod? See by posting you imply many things, namely that others won't find your description wierd.

and how is thing #1 a couple of things??

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Thing No. 1:  I really like the role PMs, judging by my own.  Nothing fancy, but solid, setting explicit yet brief parameters for newbies.  Just wanted to throw that out there. 

So now we have indications on your PM. Did you not notice that PM info can be used when you were mod? See by posting you imply many things, namely that others won't find your description wierd.

He already explained that his second post disappeared or something and that he forgot what it was about

-

noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Please no modkills, it's annoying to lose people for modkills, even if they're scum I don't play to get them modkilled, that has no sense of accomplishment. We've barely gotten anywhere so I don't see how a replacement could hurt....in fact, I don't see how a replacement could hurt even if the game was more on its way...it's just a replacement

I personally dislike replacements more than modkills for multiple reasons, which is why I made a point of including the "don't join if you're not going to play" disclaimer in the sign-up thread that hatmoza threw in last round.  Still, I'll take your sentiments under advisement, and welcome any other opinions. 

it's day one, and although I have him HoSed, I believe it's still early enough to have a new player in his stead.... though yes the player will be at a disadvantage, but it's still better than not playing ^^

Final-Fan said:

Apparently VGC lost my "Thing No. 2" post.  Unfortunately I can't quite remember what it was

Although maybe it was because I saw it already addressed and canceled the post?  I just can't remember.  Anyway, that's why that post only had one thing in it with no followup. 

ah you adressed that already ^^ (reading and posting as I do since there's no risk of night yet)

still at the end of you post you put a "I just wanted to put this out" or something similar... meaning you were done... For a 3 line post, this seems a bit messy ^^

noname2200 said:

IMU's schedule won't let him play after all, so I'm planning on replacing him ASAP.  I don't anticipate this being a problem, since he hasn't played yet, but if anyone has any strenuous objections I am willing to hear them.

I'm the one who asked him to play coze i wanted the old gang back (disappointed at DGC)

Dtewi said he wanted to play you should let him know.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Maybe I'll stick around for a while...but if I can't be here much, I'd let you guys know.

Also, it would help if you guys didn't make a 10,000 posts over here -_-

I always thought of Vigilant & SK to be vanilla roles, but i remember not having them in the first games i played.

FF is right with all the crazy stuff we saw in the recent games,  vigliant & Sk seems vanilla to me now.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Final-Fan said:

This game is MOVING.  Maybe it's not going anywhere, but it is going there fast. 

Vote No Lynch ... for giggles. 

I think I'm with you but for different reasons.  I can see the town voting for people based on small things that people find scumy. I think it's too easy for people to focus on small little things first day that don't really help us find scum but find who makes the best arguments out of these small things.  The other thing that I'm pretty sure happens is that people look more closely at those they don't trust or who's play style they dislike while not fully noticing tose who they trust more or just like more. 

I know that we don't have any fewer days if me make a mistake today but I'm not so sure that outweights that we might have a chance to get more time latter when we have more information on people. 

Now if I were to lynch today I don't know how much it could be based on scum vs just based on how helpful the person is to the town.  With people who contribute obviously not going to be lynched.  People who don't add much very unlikly to be lynched.  People who try and stop discussion or spread false information on the list of those who should go and lurkers people who shouldn't be playing and replaced, modkilled or lynched.

Tomorrow I'll try and go through a list of who fits where.  I think theprof did one last game so I might do it based on that model.  If something really stands out from that, or something new comes up I may change my vote but for now.

Vote No Lynch

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Well if noname feels the same way I will apologize.  But as it is it seems to me that I have revealed absolutely nothing about my role.  In fact I speculated that everyone else's role PM could be described the same way.  And even if not -- even if you got muddled shit for a role PM instead of the elegant thing I received -- that says NOTHING about what my role is. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Well if noname feels the same way I will apologize.  But as it is it seems to me that I have revealed absolutely nothing about my role.  In fact I speculated that everyone else's role PM could be described the same way.  And even if not -- even if you got muddled shit for a role PM instead of the elegant thing I received -- that says NOTHING about what my role is. 

However, it occurs to me that you may have thought I was implying I had a power role.  Therefore the mafia might have jumped to the same conclusion. 

Therefore, I would appreciate a little doctor protection tonight, unless that worthy somehow finds a better way to spend the night. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!