By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zexen_lowe said:
Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:
hatmoza said:
Just to elaborate on Vette's post to Zexen.
SK IS a standard Vanilla role. It's on the very first page of the mafia wiki.
Zexen, you are being pretty extreme with every topic, example you touch ...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104519&page=1
I hosted that very game, and they asked me to make it Vanilla, that is, Mafia, Townie, Cop, Doctor.

If the definition of vanilla has changed since the 9 months-ish that I haven't played, I can't do much, but you should know that Vanilla implies that.

All I see in that link is that you are quoting yourself to bolster a claim that your point of view is (or was) widely held.  That doesn't fly with me. 

Eh...FF, you're not exactly new to mafia. Are you trying to imply that you suddenly don't know what Vanilla Mafia means and that you need links to reassure you of it?

I see an SK as consistent with "vanilla mafia".  However, it's possible that playing through these last dozen games or whatever of increasingly complex teams and then themed games and finally hugely overpowered theme games and massive clusterfuck disasters ... as I say, it's possible that you are right, "vanilla" originally meant nothing but town, mafia, cop, and doctor, and our minds have just been warped so that anything short of bodysnatchers and cults seems vanilla. 

But I want to see a link to OTHER people referring to it thusly, not just yourself.  I know what your opinion is.  I want to know if, as you imply, I used to think so too. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

theprof00 said:

well, I only really just noticed it now :(

It's not entirely random. I shoot some random stuff out now and then, but I save the real pressuring for my targets. Shooting out little barbs or accusation here and there is usually just a build-up before I hit my real target. For instance...well, making someone think I don't suspect them by attacking their target with a few one liners or sometiems paragraphs, while gathering up a case against the person who I'm agreeing with.

Trust me, it's not ENTIRELY random, though it may sometimes seem that way.

also... I did not want to say that you vote random the whole time, it is just that it looks like you are voting at random at the beginning of a game, though sometimes even later votes seem random, they are based on some actions of the player...

theprof00 said:

One thing I would like from now on, is for replacements to happen instantaneously. People dropping out is such a distraction for me. GoW really shouldn't have posted that inside the thread.

I agree with zexen that it isn't earned if the dropout is scum, and it does feel underhanded, but I want to win. I really would rather prefer replacements simply "happening" from now on. example

discussion
discussion
discussion
Mod: here's gows replacement, dtewi
grumble grumble
discussion
discussion
discussion

rather than

discussion
gow needs to be replaced
discussion
should he be replaced?
discussion
modkill please
modkill
I frown on modkills
discussion
ad infinitum

I've decided to replace him, if I can find two players willing to step in before the day ends, but after this I intend to unilaterally modkill anyone who has to drop out, playtime be damned.

Alright, no need for anyone to discuss the modkill vs. replacement angle anymore, folks.  Back to the game please!

Apparently VGC lost my "Thing No. 2" post.  Unfortunately I can't quite remember what it was

Although maybe it was because I saw it already addressed and canceled the post?  I just can't remember.  Anyway, that's why that post only had one thing in it with no followup. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

theprof00 said:

lololol stefl, I'm so sorry

It was Silver Tiger that made that list the whole time. Oh gawrsh. sorry.

yeah I was wondering some time which post you meant until I have seen STs post somewhere quoted^^

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:
oh ho ho boy
you are on thin ice mister, and so early in too.

Not to kiss up or anything, but I as well already feel a great shift in his game style and he's only two posts in the game.

Prof, you say this because my logic isn't sound or because you think that I'm trying to appear town?

Hat, care to point out this "great shift." I'd be happy to hear it when the round is over if you'd rather not say now.

Sorry to be quoting things from page one but I'm just getting into this game.

This post by linkzmax seemed incredibly defensive to me. He kinda jumps the gun here when prof hasn't directly said the is logic wasn't sound and never mentionnedthat he was trying to look like a townie.

I think I remember now -- I think this was it.

Linkz isn't saying prof thinks both those things:  he's saying prof thinks ONE of them and is asking which one is the reason for prof's statement.  Insert "do" between "prof" and "you". 

@zexen
you've been the one keeping the 5/not 5 debate going. And not until very recently have you suggested an action.

My second post stated that I'm for lynching day one. I still don't have any major suspicions, and it's too early to go on post count alone. I don't vote simply to put pressure on people, I'll do that through questioning or FoS/HoS/etc. When I vote it's because I intend for that person to be lynched. However, if I had to vote right now it would be for MetalGear. Every post has been a post for the sake of posting, and from the last two rounds I'd say that seems to be common practice. I would rather have active players around, because it is easier to catch mistakes and slips that way.

@prof
Okay. Yes I've said a couple of times, "I guess you must be a townie" was sarcastic. I don't know GOW's alignment, it was just a lame(I'm at a loss for vocabulary and don't want to resort to profanity, even the mild types) way of saying: "You're being aggressive like you were last time as a townie. This could be due to the fact that you're a townie once again or you're scum and acting the way you did last time as a cover." In the end it didn't have any opinion on it, but GOW's reaction to it later was quite interesting. Not that he missed the tone, but he didn't make any point out of it besides simply bringing it up.

Also, you should know(as in I'm telling you in case you don't, not I'm assuming you already do) that I probably wouldn't have responded to your "thin ice" post at all if it weren't for hat's "great shift" follow-up. To quote myself, "I agree his attacks on me were relatively weak, but it's what I'd expect of prof from my limited experiences. I see that as a confused townie just trying to gauge the reaction/non-reaction before going full force."

This game is MOVING.  Maybe it's not going anywhere, but it is going there fast. 

Vote No Lynch ... for giggles. 

theprof00 said:

You're really making me work for this aren't you, Gniz? I have to reorganize my post because you don't care to respond to bolded typing within a quote.

Firstly, I would like (see? I said, "I would like". No demands here. If you feel you are above answering questions, then, well...there are consequences for that.)

...again, I would like to know in what context "without a lot of accuracy" you meant. As in, why use the word 'accuracy', specifically. What point are you trying to make? Simply throwing out criticisms without extrapolation or evidence concerns me. Are you implying that I'm misunderstanding things, or targeting the wrong people? Really, some clarification there would be appreciated.

I acknowledge that townies are chasing their own tails. There's nothing concrete in that discussion unless someone slips. I know that. Yet, I also feel that when stefl listed those 3 people and their recency it was aside from that discussion. It was  a seperate idea. I am confused about why you would point out the #Mafia discussion as a response to that individual idea. It doesn't appear relevant to me to say lurkers can lurk because there is no good discussion. A townie's purpose is to find mafia. A lurking townie cannot fulfil that role, and are additionally implicating themselves as lurking mafia. A lurking townie is a hazard, and I do not see how it is relevant when you give them a defense at the cost of insulting people who are actively playing, or trying to play, at the least.

Lastly, I did not vote out of revenge. I voted because I believe you are acting scummy. I believe that your response to stefl was scummy. I believe that your evasion is scummy.

If you don't answer this, I really don't know what else to do for your 'situation'. I'll have to just let it ride and wait 'til others ask for answers too.

I am a trying person to say the least. I own up it though for whatever that is worth.

The accuracy line I either had explained in an early version of the post, or thought I had explained but my drug riddled brain is seeing something others wouldn't. Essentially you claimed I am some how defending the people in question, which is false. You also falsely assume I am saying lurkers can lurk without any good discussion. This ignores a much better, and obvious reason. Nothing has even happened yet.

All of this is based on you attributing a given thought process, or goal to my posts when in reality I was just refuting the usefulness of the list at this juncture. The information is misleading because it does not have the weight it appears to on the surface. In a few days the list will be a very useful tool, but early on it just spurs people into posting for the sake of posting something which adds nothing at all. Further it helps obfuscate people who are posting for the sake of posting as a play style which typically ends up as a mafia tactic. In other words it scares townies into shifty behavior.

Appearances are also more important than what is actually going on. The appearance of your vote is a revenge vote. Combine this with over analyzing and over justifying every action and you get behavior I have seen mafia players hide behind very often. Whether that is how you play, or because you are mafia we will just have to wait and see.

So over-all I am saying you are jumping to a lot of false conclusions extremely rapidly either intentionally or otherwise. Neither is helpful, and both can be harmful. If you feel that is insulting then thats how it is. I am a very blunt person. I do not bother trying to sugar coat anything I say for the sake of others feelings.

The hatmoza bit is very simple. I believe in patterns. More than once I have used identical tactics to flush out scum. Parroting seemingly innocuous information that in theory could be posted by anyone in a game but always got posted by a mafia member.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Current votes (11 needed to lynch):

[1, L-10] GOW:  MG

[1, L-10] MG:  GOW

[0, L-11] FF:  (PROF)

[1, L-10] NEN:  ZEX

[1, L-10] PROF: GNIZ

[1, L-10] GNIZ: PROF

[1, L-10] No Lynch: FF