By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:

I just wanted you to explain why you responded the way you did. But as others have said, you were annoyed and posted sarcastically?

Annoyed, probably. Sarcastic, no. Less than completely serious as always, but not sarcastic.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
Off topic -
What the hell. 
I just noticed I had "probably" misspelled in my sig for over a year now. 

I had always assumed it was because it was a quote and you were reproducing the misspelling on purpose. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Gnizmo said:

Essentially this is why I feel its a safe bet. You are using a lot of words to say very little, and without a lot of accuracy.

To address your post though I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out we have nothing to go on. Currently people are using statements of how many mafia members we have as a means to find who is scum. That has to be the least useful metric ever. Admittedly Hatmoza managed to make a somewhat interesting point with it, but on its own is entirely irrelevant. There is nothing to work with though, and people are trying to make that nothing into something. That is chasing your own tail.

More interesting, revenge voting is typically only something to do if you are mafia. I will stick with my vote consequently.

@j0
The no bullshit attitude is a combination of working, and generally feeling lousy on top of the antics in this thread not being something I can use well yet. Expect a return to form once the weather stops tormenting me so much and I get the christmas shopping done.

You're really making me work for this aren't you, Gniz? I have to reorganize my post because you don't care to respond to bolded typing within a quote.

Firstly, I would like (see? I said, "I would like". No demands here. If you feel you are above answering questions, then, well...there are consequences for that.)

...again, I would like to know in what context "without a lot of accuracy" you meant. As in, why use the word 'accuracy', specifically. What point are you trying to make? Simply throwing out criticisms without extrapolation or evidence concerns me. Are you implying that I'm misunderstanding things, or targeting the wrong people? Really, some clarification there would be appreciated.

I acknowledge that townies are chasing their own tails. There's nothing concrete in that discussion unless someone slips. I know that. Yet, I also feel that when stefl listed those 3 people and their recency it was aside from that discussion. It was  a seperate idea. I am confused about why you would point out the #Mafia discussion as a response to that individual idea. It doesn't appear relevant to me to say lurkers can lurk because there is no good discussion. A townie's purpose is to find mafia. A lurking townie cannot fulfil that role, and are additionally implicating themselves as lurking mafia. A lurking townie is a hazard, and I do not see how it is relevant when you give them a defense at the cost of insulting people who are actively playing, or trying to play, at the least.

Lastly, I did not vote out of revenge. I voted because I believe you are acting scummy. I believe that your response to stefl was scummy. I believe that your evasion is scummy.

If you don't answer this, I really don't know what else to do for your 'situation'. I'll have to just let it ride and wait 'til others ask for answers too.

zexen_lowe said:

Please no modkills, it's annoying to lose people for modkills, even if they're scum I don't play to get them modkilled, that has no sense of accomplishment. We've barely gotten anywhere so I don't see how a replacement could hurt....in fact, I don't see how a replacement could hurt even if the game was more on its way...it's just a replacement

I personally dislike replacements more than modkills for multiple reasons, which is why I made a point of including the "don't join if you're not going to play" disclaimer in the sign-up thread that hatmoza threw in last round.  Still, I'll take your sentiments under advisement, and welcome any other opinions. 

theprof00 said:
@Heph
You were right, it was zex who commented on gow.

@linkz
above, I think I was confusing it with your "sarcastic" comment on gow being aggressive. It was sarcasm wasn't it?

@j0
My first game I was really wild. It was far more than what I am doing now. I was intentionally saying misleading things in order to trap mafia. That was very very bad. Similarly it happened in MINHA, and ended up backfiring big time XD. Also @stefl, my pressuring isn't random.

I hate to explain how I play, but one part of it is trying to make small mistakes, or possible slips seem like big mistakes. It worked with Nord last game especially. When he fled the scene, and looked like he was sweating in the mafia chat.

This is pretty much why I said to Linkz "oh ho ho you are on thin ice". Linkz is a good enough player that he would be able to see through it, and apparently so is gniz. Either way, I didn't get much from either of them in terms of reaction. Gniz however seems more suspicious to me, and it's going to be hard for me to get anything out of him. He's playing very straight and not budging, so unless there is some concrete evidence on him, it's going to be hard for me to say either way whether he is or isn't.

As for linkz, he seems to be playing the way he did in the first game he played, so I'm not too concerned as yet.

However, I do notice, as someone pointed out, that my pressuring sometimes causes townies to start making slips. Suffice to say, I think I'm going to be abandoning this point of play because I think that it's possibly dangerous, and I now notice that one of the potential weaknesses is that more experienced players simply don't have to answer me (gnizmo), and so in that regard, I'm not able to clear or convict in a way that would be efficient. It's worked for me a lot, but it seems like this game is going to be a new experience for me, with more experienced players. I'm going to have to refine it.

Was there anyone I forgot to respond to?

"my pressuring isn't random"
You won't recongnize this quote, but OH THAT IS SUCH A LIE

And you're saying that your play style is only really effective against noobs or hotheads?  Yeah, probably want to get yourself a new strategy. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

noname, can I be replaced please ?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----------------------------------!!!!!!!!

It's trickier with you than it was with IMU, since you have started playing.  Please give me a bit to think through whether to a replacement or modkill is more appropriate.

modkill please.

He's had enough of an impact that it's going to affect a lot of things if he's replaced by someone who plays completely differently. He's under scrutiny and I don't want this to be an escape, even if it is convenient to a bad schedule.

noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Please no modkills, it's annoying to lose people for modkills, even if they're scum I don't play to get them modkilled, that has no sense of accomplishment. We've barely gotten anywhere so I don't see how a replacement could hurt....in fact, I don't see how a replacement could hurt even if the game was more on its way...it's just a replacement

I personally dislike replacements more than modkills for multiple reasons, which is why I made a point of including the "don't join if you're not going to play" disclaimer in the sign-up thread that hatmoza threw in last round.  Still, I'll take your sentiments under advisement, and welcome any other opinions. 

Later in the game replacements are obviously a hideous band-aid since you're dropping in a whole new person with prbably a different posting style and most observations by others may have to be thrown out the window or at least need complete reinterpretation when comparing with the replacement player's posts. 

But in the early part of the game, it's not so bad.  Specifically, on the first day, there's really not much reason not to replace anyone you can IMO. 

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
@Heph
You were right, it was zex who commented on gow.

@linkz
above, I think I was confusing it with your "sarcastic" comment on gow being aggressive. It was sarcasm wasn't it?

@j0
My first game I was really wild. It was far more than what I am doing now. I was intentionally saying misleading things in order to trap mafia. That was very very bad. Similarly it happened in MINHA, and ended up backfiring big time XD. Also @stefl, my pressuring isn't random.

I hate to explain how I play, but one part of it is trying to make small mistakes, or possible slips seem like big mistakes. It worked with Nord last game especially. When he fled the scene, and looked like he was sweating in the mafia chat.

This is pretty much why I said to Linkz "oh ho ho you are on thin ice". Linkz is a good enough player that he would be able to see through it, and apparently so is gniz. Either way, I didn't get much from either of them in terms of reaction. Gniz however seems more suspicious to me, and it's going to be hard for me to get anything out of him. He's playing very straight and not budging, so unless there is some concrete evidence on him, it's going to be hard for me to say either way whether he is or isn't.

As for linkz, he seems to be playing the way he did in the first game he played, so I'm not too concerned as yet.

However, I do notice, as someone pointed out, that my pressuring sometimes causes townies to start making slips. Suffice to say, I think I'm going to be abandoning this point of play because I think that it's possibly dangerous, and I now notice that one of the potential weaknesses is that more experienced players simply don't have to answer me (gnizmo), and so in that regard, I'm not able to clear or convict in a way that would be efficient. It's worked for me a lot, but it seems like this game is going to be a new experience for me, with more experienced players. I'm going to have to refine it.

Was there anyone I forgot to respond to?

"my pressuring isn't random"
You won't recongnize this quote, but OH THAT IS SUCH A LIE

And you're saying that your play style is only really effective against noobs or hotheads?  Yeah, probably want to get yourself a new strategy. 

well, I only really just noticed it now :(

It's not entirely random. I shoot some random stuff out now and then, but I save the real pressuring for my targets. Shooting out little barbs or accusation here and there is usually just a build-up before I hit my real target. For instance...well, making someone think I don't suspect them by attacking their target with a few one liners or sometiems paragraphs, while gathering up a case against the person who I'm agreeing with.

Trust me, it's not ENTIRELY random, though it may sometimes seem that way.

One thing I would like from now on, is for replacements to happen instantaneously. People dropping out is such a distraction for me. GoW really shouldn't have posted that inside the thread.

I agree with zexen that it isn't earned if the dropout is scum, and it does feel underhanded, but I want to win. I really would rather prefer replacements simply "happening" from now on. example

discussion
discussion
discussion
Mod: here's gows replacement, dtewi
grumble grumble
discussion
discussion
discussion

rather than

discussion
gow needs to be replaced
discussion
should he be replaced?
discussion
modkill please
modkill
I frown on modkills
discussion
ad infinitum

lololol stefl, I'm so sorry

It was Silver Tiger that made that list the whole time. Oh gawrsh. sorry.