By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:

zexen_lowe said:

But it does tell us how many days/nights we can expect

That's never been your argument before now though. You and nen were arguing over whether the number of mafia should affect our actions day one. nen is correct, it shouldn't. I think you are correct that there are 5 mafia, but I don't take it as fact and can't rule out the possibility that there is a different amount or other factors.

So, instead of criticizing me for analizing the game and suggesting a way of action, why don't YOU suggest an action to take? I mean, it was ok the first couple of posts, but I'm frankly getting tired of seeing the same 5 or not 5 debate which is totally pointless.

I said it's in our best interest to lynch one player today because a mislynch today wouldn't cost us a day. Excuse me my boldness, but I haven't seen any other good suggestion except prof casting suspicion on you, gnizmo on prof and a couple more FoS. All the rest has been inconsequential "but we can't be sure!" "but that leads us to nowhere" "i'm here" that's pretty much useless because it doesn't help us and it's just wasted time.

Now, I'm not saying we should bandwagon on someone now because after all there's no deadline and thus no hurry, but to keep on pressing me on the number of mafia and all that holds little purpose. Can we just say, fuck it, there are 5 mafia, and move on to actually HUNT THEM? Because, really, we all should be working on pressuring possible scum candidates and catching slip ups, not ranting pointlessly about if knowing there are 5 mafia helps us or not.

I'll be waiting for your suggestion on how to proceed. For now, I'll keep my vote on nen because I still think his comments were of someone trying to derail a discussion by any means possible. Not enough to merit a bandwagon, but enough for me to considering putting some pressure to see if there's a slip up. I suggest you do the same (put pressure on someone, not vote nen, though if you want to, be my guest)

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

@Prof
If you want to provide whatever response you had in there in a readable form I will look it over. Until then I don't bother with people who type inside a quote window, nor people who presume they can make demands of me.

I just wanted you to explain why you responded the way you did. But as others have said, you were annoyed and posted sarcastically?

I think I forgot to address a couple of things. 

Thing No. 1:  I really like the role PMs, judging by my own.  Nothing fancy, but solid, setting explicit yet brief parameters for newbies.  Just wanted to throw that out there. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

zexen_lowe said:
hatmoza said:
Just to elaborate on Vette's post to Zexen.
SK IS a standard Vanilla role. It's on the very first page of the mafia wiki.
Zexen, you are being pretty extreme with every topic, example you touch ...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104519&page=1
I hosted that very game, and they asked me to make it Vanilla, that is, Mafia, Townie, Cop, Doctor.

If the definition of vanilla has changed since the 9 months-ish that I haven't played, I can't do much, but you should know that Vanilla implies that.

All I see in that link is that you are quoting yourself to bolster a claim that your point of view is (or was) widely held.  That doesn't fly with me. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

noname, can I be replaced please ?

Around the Network

@Heph

You were right, it was zex who commented on gow.

@linkz

above, I think I was confusing it with your "sarcastic" comment on gow being aggressive. It was sarcasm wasn't it?

@j0

My first game I was really wild. It was far more than what I am doing now. I was intentionally saying misleading things in order to trap mafia. That was very very bad. Similarly it happened in MINHA, and ended up backfiring big time XD. Also @stefl, my pressuring isn't random.

I hate to explain how I play, but one part of it is trying to make small mistakes, or possible slips seem like big mistakes. It worked with Nord last game especially. When he fled the scene, and looked like he was sweating in the mafia chat.

This is pretty much why I said to Linkz "oh ho ho you are on thin ice". Linkz is a good enough player that he would be able to see through it, and apparently so is gniz. Either way, I didn't get much from either of them in terms of reaction. Gniz however seems more suspicious to me, and it's going to be hard for me to get anything out of him. He's playing very straight and not budging, so unless there is some concrete evidence on him, it's going to be hard for me to say either way whether he is or isn't.

As for linkz, he seems to be playing the way he did in the first game he played, so I'm not too concerned as yet.

However, I do notice, as someone pointed out, that my pressuring sometimes causes townies to start making slips. Suffice to say, I think I'm going to be abandoning this point of play because I think that it's possibly dangerous, and I now notice that one of the potential weaknesses is that more experienced players simply don't have to answer me (gnizmo), and so in that regard, I'm not able to clear or convict in a way that would be efficient. It's worked for me a lot, but it seems like this game is going to be a new experience for me, with more experienced players. I'm going to have to refine it.

Was there anyone I forgot to respond to?

GodOfWar_3ever said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----------------------------------!!!!!!!!

It's trickier with you than it was with IMU, since you have started playing.  Please give me a bit to think through whether to a replacement or modkill is more appropriate.

Final-Fan said:
zexen_lowe said:
hatmoza said:
Just to elaborate on Vette's post to Zexen.
SK IS a standard Vanilla role. It's on the very first page of the mafia wiki.
Zexen, you are being pretty extreme with every topic, example you touch ...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104519&page=1
I hosted that very game, and they asked me to make it Vanilla, that is, Mafia, Townie, Cop, Doctor.

If the definition of vanilla has changed since the 9 months-ish that I haven't played, I can't do much, but you should know that Vanilla implies that.

All I see in that link is that you are quoting yourself to bolster a claim that your point of view is (or was) widely held.  That doesn't fly with me. 

Eh...FF, you're not exactly new to mafia. Are you trying to imply that you suddenly don't know what Vanilla Mafia means and that you need links to reassure you of it?

theprof00 said:
vote: gnizmo

Friendly advice:  you are too new a player to probably know this, but Gnizmo has a reputation of "looking suspicious" and getting lynched no matter his role.  Despite being a good player, mind you -- not because of lurking or foolishness like radish or GOW last game but just because he is somehow a suspicion magnet. 

noname2200 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----------------------------------!!!!!!!!

It's trickier with you than it was with IMU, since you have started playing.  Please give me a bit to think through whether to a replacement or modkill is more appropriate.

Please no modkills, it's annoying to lose people for modkills, even if they're scum I don't play to get them modkilled, that has no sense of accomplishment. We've barely gotten anywhere so I don't see how a replacement could hurt....in fact, I don't see how a replacement could hurt even if the game was more on its way...it's just a replacement