By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

awesome awards noname.

Your flavor was great too. Thoroughly enjoyed the game even though it took forever.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

Wee, I won something

Congrats on the MVP, nen, you deserved it. Even if one of your teammates almost ruins your team

You make me blush.

Excellent job nen-suer!!

-

theRepublic  60
01-04-2011 08:59 PM ET (US)
I'm thinking a hard cap on the number of players might be a good idea. Limited spots means that if you sign up and don't play, you kept someone else out of the game. Maybe that will help keep people to their word.
noname  61
01-04-2011 09:21 PM ET (US)
That's a good idea. Keeping games small should also speed up the pace, and thus keep people interested. It'd mean an end to the wild theme games that everyone seems to prefer, though: I honestly think too many players basically quit if they don't have a night role.

This!! Especially if it's a vanilla or mostly vanilla round. I would like to see a bit more spice in the roles,(I'm completely content with getting vanilla townie, I just mean it'd be interesting to see say a Godfather flip which would indicate a cop) but that's more fitting for larger games.

zex, when was the part that sak outed nen?

was it that ridiculous pic of "pose as a team, shit just got real"?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

zex, when was the part that sak outed nen?

was it that ridiculous pic of "pose as a team, shit just got real"?

haha I laughed at that too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3831167

As I said a couple of times, had zexen first pushed for nen's lynch I'd have totally agreed that MG and SAK should go next for derailing the lynch of scum. But, the other way around isn't as solid to me. Especially given SAK had voted for nen, I thought it simply possible that both were setting up additional townies to be suspicious for future days.

Linkzmax said:
theRepublic  60
01-04-2011 08:59 PM ET (US)
I'm thinking a hard cap on the number of players might be a good idea. Limited spots means that if you sign up and don't play, you kept someone else out of the game. Maybe that will help keep people to their word.
noname  61
01-04-2011 09:21 PM ET (US)
That's a good idea. Keeping games small should also speed up the pace, and thus keep people interested. It'd mean an end to the wild theme games that everyone seems to prefer, though: I honestly think too many players basically quit if they don't have a night role.

This!! Especially if it's a vanilla or mostly vanilla round. I would like to see a bit more spice in the roles,(I'm completely content with getting vanilla townie, I just mean it'd be interesting to see say a Godfather flip which would indicate a cop) but that's more fitting for larger games.

you should've seen the first game I played on here. B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Town:

psychiatrist for kratos
Cop
Deputy
Doc
Nurse
Roleblocker
Vigilante
day-time vigilante
Reviver & commuter

Mafia:

godfather
busser
mafia cop
psychiatrist for kratos

3rd party:

Morphues (SK)
Kratos (SK)
Cult Recruiter
Cultist
psychiatrist for morpheus with commuter ability

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Also, as far as making nen protect radish:

If there is no kill, you confess.  A false confession claiming that nen protected ff instead. Just need to "act" a little bit, gruff about how townies are too dumb to follow directions....or say you're leaving the site, etc.

If he claims that you're a townie making a gamble, then you have proof that he knows you're a townie.

If he votes you, you come out and explain your gamble.

If he avoids you, you call him out on it.

If there is a kill:

If FF: just need to convince radish that nen is the mafia.

If you can get first post:

"HAHA, well I don't know why noname hasn't ended this yet, you just left two masons and yourself. I'm sure radish will be around to vote you, and I'll give him the pleasure of his third mafia hammer"

or

"I'm the cop and I finally got a read, and nen, you're scum." Follow it up with information you've put together and point out his plan.

you guys are making it out to be more difficult than it really is.

This is 1000% better than voting without evidence, because at least the survivor has 100% surety that nen is the mafia.

For a fake confession, nen would never say I'm a townie making a gamble because that does nothing for him.

If he votes me he could just say "you're right, I had a feeling you were scum and since I fibbed about being able to protect myself I took a gamble and protected FF instead of radish. Thanks for making it easy on us!" Then vote, vote, vote same result of town losing.

Though I have do wonder what FF's take would've been had I made such a confession.

If there was a kill, radish already has stated that he'd have voted for myself or FF. Neither of those first posts are convincing. One, Truck didn't name me as a mason so radish would immediately know I'm lying. The only way that would work is if nen was dumb enough to buy it and give up, which is not true. I made it quite clear I'm not the cop, and it would've taken an incredible story of bad luck to have never hit scum or enough confirmable townies to win earlier than then. Really there was no convincing and the same is true if I was night killed and FF had to attempt it, and really this is why we'd have lost anyway. I just saved us a night and additional day. No blame placed on radish though, I bit on the claim too. If I blame anyone it's all of the inactives, 4 masons would've proven to be an insanely amazing asset for town had it been active players.

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter if one townie knows for certain that nen is mafia. If anything it'd have been better to force nen to protect himself.

Since I'm not stupid, and I know you're not prone to retarded slips, I would have immediately concluded that you were running either some kind of bluff or a double bluff to make me think you are townie trying to flush out mafia. 

That goes double for any "LOL I'M MAFIA" announcements. 

And frankly nen was playing a really good game this time and I would not expect those "plans" to have worked on him either. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:

Also awesome awards!! Every one is spot on, though I wouldn't call nen a trusted friend. I was just more willing to be duped by him than by FF.

Thanks!  I admit I had to stretch a few of them to fit, including yours, but I figured this one was better than "nen stole your girl." 

He, er, didn't, right...?

theprof00 said:

awesome awards noname.

Your flavor was great too. Thoroughly enjoyed the game even though it took forever.

Thank you!

Linkzmax said:
noname2200 said:
Linkzmax said:

Was there a quicktopic of dead townies this time around? Oh how I missed Heph and prof, so I'd love to see their thoughts as things were happening.

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/b2sAbj2b3dGSY

Enjoy!

Woohoo, Thanks!

Also awesome awards!! Every one is spot on, though I wouldn't call nen a trusted friend. I was just more willing to be duped by him than by FF.

And big props to Wonk, very good play! I can only imagine how this round would've went if say you, Heph, prof, and even zexen with his absence were the masons. 

Thanks and I'll do even better next time.  Yeah it would have been different if I had been a mason.  Nen did well by killing me when he did or I'm sure you and I would have found him out.