By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:

@SAK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816281
2. Why do you doubt there could be two night kills? Quickly browsing through previous rounds to compile the Archives I've seen that it's pretty common for multiple factions or an SK to exist in larger rounds like this, even non-themed ones.
3. Do you mean the abundant repetition of the word "scum"? I'd agree it's stupid, but it's not really alliteration. If you're noticing actual alliteration that I haven't, please explain.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816396
What makes you think noname wouldn't include an SK?

Most of it is just based off of assumptions on how this game would run. For like 3-4 games I don' think we had a serial killer and I just think that this game won't break the cycke. For the alliteration part, blame my english teacher! Yes, Ido mean the repeated word of scum, but it has no relevance to this, hopefully.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Gnizmo said:

Essentially this is why I feel its a safe bet. You are using a lot of words to say very little, and without a lot of accuracy.

I'm saying very little? Based on your own description of what is happening with "people chasing their own tails", how am I a safe bet. You contradict yourself, Gnizmo.

To address your post though I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out we have nothing to go on.

NO. You completely ignore what I just pointed out. Stefl made a list of peopel who haven't yet posted, and your first reaction was to insult the people who were talking. You made no attempt to say something like, "maybe they haven't had the time yet", or "maybe they haven't noticed anything worth commenting on".

No. Your post was aggressive, and, frankly, unecessary. They didn't need your defense, nor was stefl's post anything worth that response.

You dodge the issue now too.  

I asked you why you quoted stefl and defended those players behaviors. WHICH YOU DID. "I am not defending anyone" is a lie. You are not merely "pointing out that 'we' have nothing to go on", your post was demeaning (even if it was not meant to be), and you were ACTIVELY DEFENDING those players.

Currently people are using statements of how many mafia members we have as a means to find who is scum. That has to be the least useful metric ever. Admittedly Hatmoza managed to make a somewhat interesting point with it, but on its own is entirely irrelevant. There is nothing to work with though, and people are trying to make that nothing into something. That is chasing your own tail.

So your "chasing your own tail" comment refers to the number of players discussion? Interesting. So you responded to Stefl, explaining that people don't have to be posting because there was an argument about how many players there are.

More interesting, revenge voting is typically only something to do if you are mafia. I will stick with my vote consequently.

I'm not voting for you because you're voting for me. I even said your vote was fine. It could have been anyone.

Your suspicion is based on the post itself.

@j0
The no bullshit attitude is a combination of working, and generally feeling lousy on top of the antics in this thread not being something I can use well yet. Expect a return to form once the weather stops tormenting me so much and I get the christmas shopping done.

wellI played one round with him and what I recall is that he's a good and thourough player... I think you've been overanalysing his words too much as it is understandable that you sound wierd and overactive to people who haven't played with you before. Just my take on the two of you.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:

I do agree with a lot of people - mostly about MG and nen-suer...

I never like how theprof plays... it hinders my judgement if I dislike playstyles...

I find it quite interesting how zexen plays and I don't get a read of him so far...

Also I think there are some players out there who should start posting more...

and how do i play stefl?

if he answered that correctly, you'd have to change your playstyle ^^

well, I'd have to change it next game.

I'm actually getting annoyed of people commenting on my playstyle. This is the second, or maybe the third comment about my play.

God of war said earlier that he didn't like my playstyle and was happy I died day 1 last game.

Now stefl is saying that my playstyle distracts him.

Someone else also mentioned me being a distraction.

Seriously, I want to know what irks people so much. I see a need and I fill it. I have questions, and nobody else asks them. You NEED people to draw discussion out of the people who aren't talking.

I really find it insulting, honestly.

Hephaestos said:

wellI played one round with him and what I recall is that he's a good and thourough player... I think you've been overanalysing his words too much as it is understandable that you sound wierd and overactive to people who haven't played with you before. Just my take on the two of you.

I want to know what you think about his response to stelf. It's shown above.

Stefl made a list of people who hadn't posted, and gniz responded with what I saw as an insult (basically calling townies headless chickens).

He denies defending these players who haven't posted on top of it.

oh and

HoS Gow

FoS links

FoS prof

I didn't read that townie comment as sarcastic, and I find GoW's retreat right after links' blunder to be very suspicious and his summary to be a bit too devoid of personal input.

I added prof to the mix because he first warned links before attacking, something he seldom does, then he attacked on the "we" word and provided the "sarcastic" excuse at the same time... I can see this as a bailout while attacking on points that won't stand. As a matter of fact, I find prof's attacks unusually weak so far.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Hephaestos said:

I want to know what you think about his response to stelf. It's shown above.

Stefl made a list of people who hadn't posted, and gniz responded with what I saw as an insult (basically calling townies headless chickens).

He denies defending these players who haven't posted on top of it.

I didn't read it with an other meaning than what he said. I find the discutions (especially the mafia number) to be pretty poor myself and I don't think it should be read as a defence of the non posters but more at an attack on the level of the discution.

Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

oh ho ho boy

you are on thin ice mister, and so early in too.

Not to kiss up or anything, but I as well already feel a great shift in his game style and he's only two posts in the game.

Prof, you say this because my logic isn't sound or because you think that I'm trying to appear town?

Hat, care to point out this "great shift." I'd be happy to hear it when the round is over if you'd rather not say now.

Sorry to be quoting things from page one but I'm just getting into this game.

This post by linkzmax seemed incredibly defensive to me. He kinda jumps the gun here when prof hasn't directly said the is logic wasn't sound and never mentionnedthat he was trying to look like a townie.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:

I'm actually getting annoyed of people commenting on my playstyle. This is the second, or maybe the third comment about my play.

God of war said earlier that he didn't like my playstyle and was happy I died day 1 last game.

Seriously, I want to know what irks people so much. I see a need and I fill it. I have questions, and nobody else asks them. You NEED people to draw discussion out of the people who aren't talking.

they are mostly enoyed by the quantity of your posts and the fact that you follow more than one lead at once. This makes you hard to read as it has to be taken into account. Also it mixes discutions that could be leading to scumtells with discutions that can be more trivial, thus diluting the possible mistakes you make.

On the other side, if you're town, the fact that on your own you open an pursue many leads kind of mutes the leads that others might want to follow... basically your over activity early in the game prevents others from playing.

at least that is what I see as things that can enoy.

I don't have a problem with it personnaly... i've been trying to restrain myself for that purpose as well, since I believe I have a similar negative effect on the discutions (though i've been rather unsucessful I believe), moreover, my interesting leads to posts ratio has gotten rather low :-/

Hephaestos said:
theprof00 said:

they are mostly enoyed by the quantity of your posts and the fact that you follow more than one lead at once. This makes you hard to read as it has to be taken into account. Also it mixes discutions that could be leading to scumtells with discutions that can be more trivial, thus diluting the possible mistakes you make.

On the other side, if you're town, the fact that on your own you open an pursue many leads kind of mutes the leads that others might want to follow... basically your over activity early in the game prevents others from playing.

at least that is what I see as things that can enoy.

I don't have a problem with it personnaly... i've been trying to restrain myself for that purpose as well, since I believe I have a similar negative effect on the discutions (though i've been rather unsucessful I believe), moreover, my interesting leads to posts ratio has gotten rather low :-/

I think people are just intimitaded on how aggresive he posts, I know I was when he started playing ^_^.

He also likes to force inactive people to talk, which irks them (lol).

Well, I think thats why.

Hephaestos said:

oh and

HoS Gow

FoS links

FoS prof

I didn't read that townie comment as sarcastic, and I find GoW's retreat right after links' blunder to be very suspicious and his summary to be a bit too devoid of personal input.

I added prof to the mix because he first warned links before attacking, something he seldom does, then he attacked on the "we" word and provided the "sarcastic" excuse at the same time... I can see this as a bailout while attacking on points that won't stand. As a matter of fact, I find prof's attacks unusually weak so far.

I guess that is fair.

I do want to say that before I started on gniz. I embarked on a quest.

Basically, to start, the logic goes like this.

Town has advantage first day because mafia haven't been able to talk/warn/plan with each other. The thing is, mafia aren't on the same page day one. Each are just trying to make it by and take the lead from what their fellow scum say in game.

Due to this, I expected there to be a "mafia leader" telling (in one way or another) to not lurk. I expect this to be a good player who is noticing weakness.

So, I looked for that. The very first people to comment on lurking in some shape or form was GoW and linkz. I think it was GoW saying that he would be laying low or something, and linkz commenting on it, like, "Gow is trying to evade notice".

My idea was to put myself in mafia shoes and think, "if I were to send a message within the thread to my mafia partners, how would I word it. Would it be like what linkz said? Or would I be telling mafia to lay low for now in the way that GoW might be doing. Like, "this is getting hectic (fellow scum), I'm going to back off a bit (as should you)"

And then I thought, "if linkz were another mafia, would his response make sense".

I mean, GoW likes to lead, or might be just calling out what he's doing, and linkz might be telling him not to do that.

Anyways, I felt all this was a little weak and so continued through the thread. The next instance of lurking commentary came from Gniz in an aggressive way. I thought it was a fairly strong lead. But now your mention of my attacks being weak is making me second guess myself.

I felt I was reaching a bit at linkz because I wanted to pressure him, but I thought my comments on Gniz were good.