By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:

couple questions; (your vote is fine)

silver-tiger posted a list of people who haven't posted yet. You were not on the list.

You quoted silver-tiger and said that there isn't anything to respond to. (despite the fact that you were not being accused of anything) Am I to believe that you white-knighted these fellow mafia players?

Secondly, you describe the posting as "people chasing their own tails". Do you believe that these players are townies? Zex, Vette, Hatmoza, etc? Because I wouldn't describe them as chasing their own tails. That would imply that they are townies who are following bad leads, etc. Please elaborate why these players are on a wild goose chase, and not mafia sowing disruption.

I find it also ironic, that when you look at these two sentences together, and attribute titles, we get a picture of the environment according to Gnizmo.

People who aren't talking don't need to talk. People who are talking are townies. (at least that's how I see it)

Since we're doing "safe votes" and you seem to be garnering most of my attention despite your scant 2 posts, I'm going to vote for you.

unvote

vote: gnizmo

Essentially this is why I feel its a safe bet. You are using a lot of words to say very little, and without a lot of accuracy.

To address your post though I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out we have nothing to go on. Currently people are using statements of how many mafia members we have as a means to find who is scum. That has to be the least useful metric ever. Admittedly Hatmoza managed to make a somewhat interesting point with it, but on its own is entirely irrelevant. There is nothing to work with though, and people are trying to make that nothing into something. That is chasing your own tail.

More interesting, revenge voting is typically only something to do if you are mafia. I will stick with my vote consequently.

@j0
The no bullshit attitude is a combination of working, and generally feeling lousy on top of the antics in this thread not being something I can use well yet. Expect a return to form once the weather stops tormenting me so much and I get the christmas shopping done.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I do agree with a lot of people - mostly about MG and nen-suer...

I never like how theprof plays... it hinders my judgement if I dislike playstyles...

I find it quite interesting how zexen plays and I don't get a read of him so far...

Also I think there are some players out there who should start posting more...

I'm late, so here's some levity to break up the thread.

Someone needs to build this setup for Mafia, seriously.

Gnizmo said:

Essentially this is why I feel its a safe bet. You are using a lot of words to say very little, and without a lot of accuracy.

I'm saying very little? Based on your own description of what is happening with "people chasing their own tails", how am I a safe bet. You contradict yourself, Gnizmo.

To address your post though I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out we have nothing to go on.

NO. You completely ignore what I just pointed out. Stefl made a list of peopel who haven't yet posted, and your first reaction was to insult the people who were talking. You made no attempt to say something like, "maybe they haven't had the time yet", or "maybe they haven't noticed anything worth commenting on".

No. Your post was aggressive, and, frankly, unecessary. They didn't need your defense, nor was stefl's post anything worth that response.

You dodge the issue now too.  

I asked you why you quoted stefl and defended those players behaviors. WHICH YOU DID. "I am not defending anyone" is a lie. You are not merely "pointing out that 'we' have nothing to go on", your post was demeaning (even if it was not meant to be), and you were ACTIVELY DEFENDING those players.

Currently people are using statements of how many mafia members we have as a means to find who is scum. That has to be the least useful metric ever. Admittedly Hatmoza managed to make a somewhat interesting point with it, but on its own is entirely irrelevant. There is nothing to work with though, and people are trying to make that nothing into something. That is chasing your own tail.

So your "chasing your own tail" comment refers to the number of players discussion? Interesting. So you responded to Stefl, explaining that people don't have to be posting because there was an argument about how many players there are.

More interesting, revenge voting is typically only something to do if you are mafia. I will stick with my vote consequently.

I'm not voting for you because you're voting for me. I even said your vote was fine. It could have been anyone.

Your suspicion is based on the post itself.

@j0
The no bullshit attitude is a combination of working, and generally feeling lousy on top of the antics in this thread not being something I can use well yet. Expect a return to form once the weather stops tormenting me so much and I get the christmas shopping done.

Missed my chance.

Ah well. I wish a good game to you all.

Especially to zex.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

@gnizmo

"You are using a lot of words to say very little, and without a lot of accuracy."

Oh and explain this "without a lot of accuracy" to me immediately. I want concrete examples.

Stefl1504 said:

I never like how theprof plays... it hinders my judgement if I dislike playstyles...

I find it quite interesting how zexen plays and I don't get a read of him so far...

and how do i play stefl?

Current votes (11 needed to lynch):

[1, L-10] GOW:  MG

[1, L-10] MG:  GOW

[0, L-11] FF:  (PROF)

[1, L-10] NEN:  ZEX

[1, L-10] PROF: GNIZ

[1, L-10] GNIZ: PROF

dtewi said:

Missed my chance.

Ah well. I wish a good game to you all.

Especially to zex.

have a good unmafiarelatedstress christmass!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:

and how do i play stefl?

if he answered that correctly, you'd have to change your playstyle ^^

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO