By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
scottie said:

Btw guys, you can work out how many scum there are. There are (at maximum) 8 days alloted to this game (see OP)

2 deaths per day

21 total players

5 remaining after 8 days

= 5 scum?

That doesn't mean much though because the doctor could be successful or the town could vote no lynch and either of those could lead to more days.  Plus the scum would only need to get the population down to 10 if there were 5 and they could do that in 5 and a half days.

Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:

I'm here, too bad I was late, but here's my take.

1. Its funny how gow says people over analyze and then he makes a huge post about everything, ironic.

2. nen is being weird (isn't that normal, though?), zex's right, there is a huge chance of there being 5 mafia, unless there are two night kills for the night, which I doubt. I don't even know why the hell you're debating this? Its a matter of minimal chance that you're right. 

disclaimer: the "you" was meant for "nen"

fos:nen

3. The alliteration here is getting stupid.

4. Metal gear has posted like, 4 times, that have no weight, which is usual, and he is usually scum.

5. Alot of people lurking, or can't make it, but then I shouldn't be the one talking.

6. I would like to vote someone for the first day, since the odds are around 25%, but the votes are all scattered and we'll all never agree to vote one person, unless a major screw up happens.

what did I get from this, not much is goin' on.

Usually scum?

I think you are mistaken, I have played in 4 games and the last game is the only time I have ever been scum.

Anyways the whole number of mafia issue, it does seem likely that there is 5.

-

hatmoza said:

I agree with nen that right now, it doesn't really matter what the number of scum is,  only finding them is important to me.

I'm going to go back and keep a tab on everyone who FoS'd nen. I find them more suspicious than nen at the moment. It's the perfect opportunity  for the scum to jump on a  player, and hide in plain sight.

so youre suspicious of people who are suspicious of the person who was suspicious of you?

Gnizmo said:
Silver-Tiger said:

People who have yet to post:

Soleron (last online 2 hours ago)

Scottie (last online 4 hours ago)

IMU1808 (online now [!] )

Topics of substance to respond to - 0. This is more relevant when there is actual discussion rather than a bunch of people chasing their own tails.

Well we have to get voting out of the way eventually though.I am going to go with Prof. Seems a safe bet so far.

Vote: Theprof.

why does it seem a safe bet?

That's what I want to know, too.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

What happened to joking in day ones? I miss them. In the last couple days it just seems they disappeared. 

I think everyone has gotten paranoid. 

Also, 

Mafia # discussion dragged out. it's generally an accepted rule, questioning it makes no sense. It's ironic, that people say bringing it up is useless, but the argument they're making is a useless argument too. There's no point! 

People's actions compared to their usual ones: 

GoW - list posts with summary of players on them
SAK - coming late and summarizing, me too! 
j0 - while simultaneously doing the above, being awesome
prof - crazy mofo
zex - he actually hasn't played in a while. I forgot his usual attitude. I hope this is his first game as mafia, though. 
gnizmo - is it me or does gnizmo have a "no-bullshit" attitude"
Linkz - I haven't played enough of the last 3 games to get his general attitude, he has the same tone, though. 
Wonk - I don't know. 
hatmoza - Lately, he has had a trend of predicting mafia thoughts on day one. "If they did this, it must mean they're mafia!"
 MG - His posts are got to be the shortest ever. GAWD
Scottie - Is thi shis first game? 
Vetteman - on the opposite pole of the general consensus, as usual.
Silver-Tiger - is trying to make an effort to participate. Which is interesting, the last time I played when he was scum he merely summarized and lurked. 
nen-suer - You know, although he has the same general tone, his useless questioning of the 5 rule seems weird to me. 

(FF, Radish, Heph, IMU, Soleron and Scottie haven't posted enough in my recent memory)

Note: Tells don't usually give away scumness, people learn to act the same when they have either role. I just thought this was an interesting thing to bring up. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

What happened to joking in day ones? I miss them. In the last couple days it just seems they disappeared. 

I

Wonk - I don't know. 

Note: Tells don't usually give away scumness, people learn to act the same when they have either role. I just thought this was an interesting thing to bring up. 

You should have said

Wonktonodi- I do not know!!!

@Wonk

It really has nothing to do with me personally, just the fact that he got jumped on for saying, "who cares if there's 5 or 7 mafia ..."

I think people misunderstood him or are intentionally putting him on the spot. I think he was trying to argue that (poorly worded) it doesn't matter. my and Zexen's argument is pointless. 

This is something scum will try to put out of context. I'm just keeping my mind open, and not jumping on the obvious.

Let me remind everyone that this in no way me defending nen, and that I could always be wrong.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

zexen_lowe said:
Vetteman94 said:

You do realize that is was hatmoza originally arguing about the number of mafia that there could be, despite eventually agreeing that there is probably 5.  Is there a reason you didnt bring up hatmoza's name as well, who originally started the arguement?

Also on another point you made,   there is still a possibility of having 2 night kills tonight.  Having 5 mafia wouldnt limit the chance of there being a SK or a Vigilante.   So dont doubt the possibility of it happening.  

VA-NI-LLA GA-ME

Unless we have two different definitions of vanilla

Our last game was a Vanilla game as well,  it had a Vigilante.  Although we didnt have a doctor

And yes we do have different definitions of Vanilla,  to me a Vigilante and SK is a common role seen in Mafia, and I would refer to them as vanilla roles. But if you want to get completely technical,  vanilla as an adjective would mean Mafia at its simplist form, only Town and Mafia.  And I dont think anyone would go for that.

zexen_lowe said:
Vetteman94 said:
zexen_lowe said:
nen-suer said:

Looks like your the one who didnt read my post(s). You could have at least read my response to vette.

I wont vote for personal reasons, but you need to accept that some may disagree with you.

You do this every game, you get upset vote( night kill) that poor innocent soul :(

You & Hat are my top suspects, but not enough to warrant a vote.....yet.

You posted that while I was doing my post, can't do much about that specially considering editing isn't allowed.

You're allowed to disagree with me in things that are my opinion, like whether someone is scum or not. I don't think you should disagree on things that are a fact, though, because, well, you can't disagree with facts.

"You do this every game, you get upset vote( night kill) that poor innocent soul :("

This again? Haven't we gone through this in another game? Shall I remind you YET AGAIN that I've never been mafia in a VGC game? I'm interested in knowing when I've night killed anyone at all (I haven't been vig either, before you ask)

What are these facts that he is disagreeing with?

"Heavily discussing something that we can never know isn't productive there fore not important."

Again, it's been proven that we know it, it's a fact

The number of mafia hasnt been stated as a fact yet,  unless you are confessing?   There are only 2 types of people who know this,  the mod and the mafia.  And you cant be one of them

Just to elaborate on Vette's post to Zexen.

SK IS a standard Vanilla role. It's on the very first page of the mafia wiki.

Zexen, you are being pretty extreme with every topic, example you touch ...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson