By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
2) Wrong. nen had 5 votes before MG started to go after scottie. A bit odd that he'd try to start another train on a townie when nen was already ripe for the picking, no?

he had 3

I didn't say he had 5 when MG voted. In my rush I didn't have the time to explain. Yes MG voted scottie when nen only had 3 votes. SAK was next to vote(for nen)then radish for scottie and scottie for MG. Finally Zex got onto nen to make it 5 votes.(So yes he very much did have 5 votes at once) FINALLY, nord votes for SAK.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3825061 is MG's post shortly after nord's vote, which is when I'd say MG was really trying to get the lynch onto scottie.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
2) Wrong. nen had 5 votes before MG started to go after scottie. A bit odd that he'd try to start another train on a townie when nen was already ripe for the picking, no?

he had 3

I didn't say he had 5 when MG voted. In my rush I didn't have the time to explain. Yes MG voted scottie when nen only had 3 votes. SAK was next to vote(for nen)then radish for scottie and scottie for MG. Finally Zex got onto nen to make it 5 votes.(So yes he very much did have 5 votes at once) FINALLY, nord votes for SAK.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3825061 is MG's post shortly after nord's vote, which is when I'd say MG was really trying to get the lynch onto scottie.

Ok nen did have 5 for a while but then it got no momentum.  I'm thinking there were two scum in the vote on nen but with it only 5 they didn't put more.

So you're saying that MG was working harder to lynch scottie after SAK was a suspect? 

A quention for you not on the SAK matter.

If we only have one mislynch whose body would tell the most if they turned out town?

Wonktonodi said:

Ok nen did have 5 for a while but then it got no momentum.  I'm thinking there were two scum in the vote on nen but with it only 5 they didn't put more.

So you're saying that MG was working harder to lynch scottie after SAK was a suspect? 

A quention for you not on the SAK matter.

If we only have one mislynch whose body would tell the most if they turned out town?

Well that's where we disagree. Don't get me wrong, I could make a case against everyone, including radish or myself if I were some sort of nutjob. However, I feel like at the very most there was a single mafia vote on nen. It goes without saying that ST and prof were town. I've already said SAK is clearly town to me. I feel zex is town too, despite every post since his return making me cringe a bit. Lastly, I'm mostly neutral with FF but lean slightly town. If FF is scum though, I think his votes make more sense if nen is scum than if SAK is scum: why leave a townie lynch for a scum lynch only to return to a townie lynch?

Everyone was a suspect, SAK had one vote on him. So no, I don't find it likely that MG tried harder to protect SAK considering he roped a townie(radish) into voting for scottie already. It makes far more sense that nen was still gathering votes, and only one player jumped on board scottie before an additional suspect was found.

Is that a trick question? The biggest information gained from a townie lynch is the voting, which for the most part can be considered independent of the actual victim as far as scum goes. Since townies undoubtedly had a hand in the lynch, the vic's actions are far less revealing than if chosen as a night kill.

That being said, there is still some differences in who's pushed for a lynch or thrown suspicions at players. If I was forced to lynch someone I thought was going to turn out town, I think it'd be between yourself, FF, or hat. 

Wonktonodi said:
SuperAdrianK said:
Wonktonodi said:

Also you hardly showed up when you had all those votes on you and when you didn't you didn't even say you were town.http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3832287

VOTE SAK

I don't mind the vote, but the underlined reason. It wouldn't make much of a difference if I declared townie.

For your first arguement, I can't argue for others as to why they switch their votes to scottie, but I am not cooperating with anyone.

oh, and it went well, being loopy is funny. :)

well it's just a small difference.  In one case you can say you went through a mafia game without lying, but on the other side you never flat out say you are town.  When only you the mod and other mafia know.  There shouldn't be the need for a if.  If you were town you can just say when I turn town since you know there is no chance of you flipping scum, but you didn't say that.

What are you talking about? Is this supposed to mean "you can say you played as mafia and never lied?"

SAK is right, claiming townie is insignificant. Mafia will simply lie about it while Townies will tell the truth, but nobody will believe that due to the fact that Mafia will simply lie about it.

The use of the two "if"s was done to show the failure in logic that voters had.

Wonktonodi said:
radishhead said:

Two votes? Already dead? That looks even more suspicious to me.

I'm not saying it will be today however that is possible.  I'm thinking it's tomorrow.  It might be two now but links and SAK would vote for me rather easily that would be up to 4.  If it's today they just need one more and if everyone of those 4 is left tomorrow I'm done.

For the record, I was shooting for tomorrow to get to you. As I think another scum flip today would go a long way to clearing any doubts I have that you may be town. I'm convinced at least one of nen and j0 is scum, so that's my focus today. I don't want to see what I strongly think will be a mislynch if SAK heads to the gallows, so I would turn my attention more your way if it comes to it.

It wasn't a trick question.  It's more along the lines of the fact since you think I'm scum you'll be less likely to believe my arguments.  If you lynch me now to see that I'm town would you actually consider those arguments more.  I was wondering if there was anyone else who if they turned up town from a bad lynch that could point us anywhere.

The thing with SAK not just saying he's town is that IIRC i didn't say last game I was town.  I tried to word things in a way that wouldn't be a lie, yes it's small and doesn't mean much yet I would have felt more accomplished if I had gotten away with being scum without lying.  If he's town there really isn't a need to say if he turns out town.  It's a small detail but one I think just adds a bit more to suspcion instead of taking it away.

MG could have voted nen but then there would still be no focus on anyone who was lurking leaving that open to the focus being on a lurking scum and had he voted nen it could have gotten attention to him bandwagoning.  FF left the nen lynch when it wasn't going anywhere was on a scum lynch that could make him (ff) look clean or he could move his vote latter if there was someone else who could take the fall.  I also think that Stefl voting SAK the next day was done to get people to think he's town. 

With the current votes there will need to be vote changes to get anyone lynched.  So this is going to be interesting.

Wonktonodi said:

It wasn't a trick question.  It's more along the lines of the fact since you think I'm scum you'll be less likely to believe my arguments.  If you lynch me now to see that I'm town would you actually consider those arguments more.  I was wondering if there was anyone else who if they turned up town from a bad lynch that could point us anywhere.

The thing with SAK not just saying he's town is that IIRC i didn't say last game I was town.  I tried to word things in a way that wouldn't be a lie, yes it's small and doesn't mean much yet I would have felt more accomplished if I had gotten away with being scum without lying.  If he's town there really isn't a need to say if he turns out town.  It's a small detail but one I think just adds a bit more to suspcion instead of taking it away.

MG could have voted nen but then there would still be no focus on anyone who was lurking leaving that open to the focus being on a lurking scum and had he voted nen it could have gotten attention to him bandwagoning.  FF left the nen lynch when it wasn't going anywhere was on a scum lynch that could make him (ff) look clean or he could move his vote latter if there was someone else who could take the fall.  I also think that Stefl voting SAK the next day was done to get people to think he's town. 

With the current votes there will need to be vote changes to get anyone lynched.  So this is going to be interesting.

On the contrary, I may disagree with your basis and some of the connections, but the logic is mostly sound.

Well with SAK, he's already said "I think one of [prof and Gnizmo] is scum" which is a lie. I'm sure I could find more, but the point is he's either already lied as scum or has been telling the truth as town. "I am town" is a completely null issue for me, no suspicions given or taken if it's said and same if it isn't.

MG was undoubtedly the biggest lurker of whatever the group is.(considering who is left) It really was unwise that he brought attention to scottie, because a half-decent defense would've brought the spotlight heavily upon MG. Also, looking at prof's potals, since I don't have mine broken down to days(next round I plan to) and don't care to go over that many posts AGAIN, I'd say plenty of townies were lurking. It would've been simple for mafia to blend in.

I think Stefl was pushing for SAK to cause another mislynch and then focus on the voters for scottie and SAK to push some more mislynches. Remember, at the time of the vote we were still at 17 players. It would've been quite risky and unnecessary to sacrifice a scummate at that point.

Regardless, I think it's time for others to say their piece. I know I'm still waiting to hear back from hat and zex.

Around the Network

Frankly the impression I got is that zex is uninterested in anybody's posts that don't involve the words "Vote" and "SAK", but maybe he'll deign to talk to you about why you think he's innocent. 

But even though I really hate the way he's acting, it doesn't feel that scummy to me.  I just voted him to try to get a reaction out of him (to see if it felt more/less town-ish) or maybe prompt him to share thoughts he may have had that he somehow decided not to share; I also wanted to see how others reacted to my vote.  Big fail all around.  "I don't need to scumhunt as long as SAK still breathes!" 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Oops, I meant to

Unvote zexen.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Current votes (5 required to lynch):

[1, L-4] J0: NEN

[2, L-3] WONK: HAT, RAD

[2, L-3] SAK: ZEX, WONK

[0, L-5] ZEX: (FF)

[2, L-3] NEN: J0, LINK

(It looks like Link's vote got put on J0, but it was never there in the first place as far as I can see.)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

On the contrary, I may disagree with your basis and some of the connections, but the logic is mostly sound.

Well with SAK, he's already said "I think one of [prof and Gnizmo] is scum" which is a lie. I'm sure I could find more, but the point is he's either already lied as scum or has been telling the truth as town. "I am town" is a completely null issue for me, no suspicions given or taken if it's said and same if it isn't.

MG was undoubtedly the biggest lurker of whatever the group is.(considering who is left) It really was unwise that he brought attention to scottie, because a half-decent defense would've brought the spotlight heavily upon MG. Also, looking at prof's potals, since I don't have mine broken down to days(next round I plan to) and don't care to go over that many posts AGAIN, I'd say plenty of townies were lurking. It would've been simple for mafia to blend in.

I think Stefl was pushing for SAK to cause another mislynch and then focus on the voters for scottie and SAK to push some more mislynches. Remember, at the time of the vote we were still at 17 players. It would've been quite risky and unnecessary to sacrifice a scummate at that point.

Regardless, I think it's time for others to say their piece. I know I'm still waiting to hear back from hat and zex.

true enough with the SAK comment.

If SAK is scum he's lurked more than MG.  It was unwise but it worked. 

I don't think it was a push for a mislynch the scum have taken risks this game.  Several of them have paid off. 

I agree we do need more people talking.  We'll also need people to change votes.  I'm considering voting for a time limit to get people to show up but at the same time a time limit often makes people less rational.

ANAFWG. I am opposed to deadline's because I also feel it makes people less rational, but it's passed time for any amount of rationality to be used.

Vote: Deadline