By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Promises More Reveals in 2011

Microsoft's pattern has been pretty consistent though; they announce a few things early on, then announce more throughout the year.

The quality of those titles is clearly up for debate, and any estimates on the split between core and casual games at this point is pure conjecture.  Note, I'm not defending this practice or saying I like it, but it has been pretty consistent.

I do question the need to bring up Sony and thier offerings in this thread at all though...don't we have enough threads already of "mine is bigger than yours" here?

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Too Human, Crackdown, Infinite Undiscovery, Ninja Blade, Shadowrun, N3 . . .

It doesn't really make any sense how these new IPs turned out bad. Too Human devs made Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness. Crackdown devs made GTA. Rare made . . . games that were very, very good. Tri-Ace made . . . well, okay, but the other devs made good games. From Software made crap until Demon's Souls, and at the same time Ninja Blade wasn't so hot. FASA made the glorious awesomeness that is Mechwarrior.

Is it just me or does MS have some really bad luck when it comes to new IPs sometimes? Ya gotta feel bad for them. On the flip side, they terminated FASA and Ensemble, let Bungie go, got rid of Bizarre, and made the largest blunder this gen by letting BioWare slip. So maybe its just bad management.

At least they still own the rights to Mechwarrior 5, which will be > all things next year. Unless it comes out 2012, in which case it'll be = to Bioshock Infinite.

Yeah, it's become obvious that there's more to making a good game than just rounding up some great devs. Can't say I know how MS has been handling things behind the scenes, but hopefully they improve on this.

OT, I can't see them announcing anything big for 2011 that'd appeal to me, but, whatever. I'm fine with Gears

c0rd said:
Shadowblind said:

Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Too Human, Crackdown, Infinite Undiscovery, Ninja Blade, Shadowrun, N3 . . .

It doesn't really make any sense how these new IPs turned out bad. Too Human devs made Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness. Crackdown devs made GTA. Rare made . . . games that were very, very good. Tri-Ace made . . . well, okay, but the other devs made good games. From Software made crap until Demon's Souls, and at the same time Ninja Blade wasn't so hot. FASA made the glorious awesomeness that is Mechwarrior.

Is it just me or does MS have some really bad luck when it comes to new IPs sometimes? Ya gotta feel bad for them. On the flip side, they terminated FASA and Ensemble, let Bungie go, got rid of Bizarre, and made the largest blunder this gen by letting BioWare slip. So maybe its just bad management.

At least they still own the rights to Mechwarrior 5, which will be > all things next year. Unless it comes out 2012, in which case it'll be = to Bioshock Infinite.

Yeah, it's become obvious that there's more to making a good game than just rounding up some great devs. Can't say I know how MS has been handling things behind the scenes, but hopefully they improve on this.

OT, I can't see them announcing anything big for 2011 that'd appeal to me, but, whatever. I'm fine with Gears

After learning c cord on my guitar I really hate your name. >_>

D-Joe said:

just give me Lost Odyssey 2

The developer is making the Last Story for the Wii.

TRios_Zen said:

Microsoft's pattern has been pretty consistent though; they announce a few things early on, then announce more throughout the year.

The quality of those titles is clearly up for debate, and any estimates on the split between core and casual games at this point is pure conjecture.  Note, I'm not defending this practice or saying I like it, but it has been pretty consistent.

I do question the need to bring up Sony and thier offerings in this thread at all though...don't we have enough threads already of "mine is bigger than yours" here?

Lets just say Microsoft has gears 3 and forza 4 for next year at the middle of a slope. Sony is standing at the top ready to start a mudslide of titles. This is the point we're getting at. Sony is showing their ability to put out top notch titles steadily in two year increments. If you want to talk bulk sales for Microsofts year in 2011 its kinect and gears.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TRios_Zen said:

Lets just say Microsoft has gears 3 and forza 4 for next year at the middle of a slope. Sony is standing at the top ready to start a mudslide of titles. This is the point we're getting at. Sony is showing their ability to put out top notch titles steadily in two year increments. If you want to talk bulk sales for Microsofts year in 2011 its kinect and gears.

And yet I'm still unsure what that has at ALL to do with Microsoft's promise to reveal more titles next year.

Does it show that you prefer Sony's approach? Absolutely.  Does it prove that currently Sony has more announced titles for next year?  In a round-about way, yes.

But I'll be direct, how does the mention of Sony's approach add value to this thread, other than in an "PS3 is better than 360" way?

I will believe it when they announce core non-kinect games. Also if they throw out all their supposed exclusives during the next holiday season than I will not play most of them for a long time. I mean ESV: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Rage, Mass Effect 3, and the next COD all come out during that time. That is already to many games for me to play at once.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
D-Joe said:

just give me Lost Odyssey 2

...of coz i know,i pre-ordered the Last Story Bundle

D-Joe said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
D-Joe said:

just give me Lost Odyssey 2s

Then whats the point of asking for LO2 when you know the answer?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
D-Joe said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
D-Joe said:

just give me Lost Odyssey 2s

Then whats the point of asking for LO2 when you know the answer?

just i love LO1 and i want LO2,don't expect more