By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - American Wii Sales Spike Hard

Looking at:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39040&end=39425

Following the Black Friday sales blitz, Wii sales seemed to drop hard in America while 360 and PS3 sales seemed prett constant, with the Wii dropping below 360 sales last week.

Any speculation as to why this happened?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

supply

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Short Wii supply is starting to kick in..

People could not find one to buy.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Very simple. The weekly sales worldwide are almost identical each week. Its a simple redistribution between all the major regions. The US got more around Thanksgiving, and now its Japan's turn (WiiFit) - with Europe getting more as well.

With demand in the US so high, its pointless for Ninty to starve the other regions. They would hate to have a situation where they own NA - but unable to supply enough units - and have lost all the other regions, by not supplying enough!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Ah, didn't think about a shift of distribution for Wii Fit.

I would just think with the insanity that is us American's spending habits around the holidays their would be a more abundant wii supply here.

Any news as to when Nintendo expects to up Wii production numbers?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

maybe the supply was less for this week

I'm beginning to copy and paste my opinions on this subject as it's popping up in that many threads...

WiiFit - Japan was about 60 - 70k up where America was 80K down and why not? After the lull recently in Japan Wii sales why not capitilise on Japanese sales, after all they'll still be queues in America next week, imo it's worth it alone after all of the recent web reports about PS3 gaining Market share in Japan etc just tto halt these stories although this reasoning is probably not the best business decision and i'm sure there logic was deeper than that

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Supply...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
CrashMan said:
Any news as to when Nintendo expects to up Wii production numbers?

They already ramped up production from 1.2 to 1.8 million Wii's a month. No plans of Nintendo to ramp up the production even more though.