By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD pretty accurate this month.

It seems NPD is getting more accurate each month. This month NPD estimates were very close to the actual numbers for all consoles, though it seems they slightly undertracked Wii and 360. PSP is a slight anomaly as they overtracked it somewhat, but nobody is perfect. Perhaps for December NPD might manage within 5% accuracy for all consoles.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Yup, NPD was doing pretty good lately, especially if we consider that last month was very hard to track because of all the special black friday offerings. If they can continue to get more accurate they might one day get professionals and get paid for tracking numbers.

XD

They are professionals, anyway, they are since 1985 in this business and they are getting also payed for tracking this numbers, one report costs ~ 3.000 $

Orochimaru said:
RolStoppable said:
Yup, NPD was doing pretty good lately, especially if we consider that last month was very hard to track because of all the special black friday offerings. If they can continue to get more accurate they might one day get professionals and get paid for tracking numbers.

XD

They are professionals, anyway, they are since 1985 in this business and they are getting also payed for tracking this numbers, one report costs ~ 3.000 $

You think they're good, I sell my figures for $5000 per report, and i've been around since 1980

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Orochimaru said:
RolStoppable said:

XD

You think they're good, I sell my figures for $5000 per report, and i've been around since 1980

No arguments?

Anyway, the NPD ist the best source for NA - Numbers.

RolStoppable said:
Orochimaru said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Orochimaru said:
RolStoppable said:

XD

No arguments?

Anyway, the NPD ist the best source for NA - Numbers.

After VGChartz of course.

Sure.

But now btt. 

Around the Network

:) well said, gents.

Anyone up for claiming NPD people are sociopaths who stole VGChartz's November console sales numbers, which have been publically available for weeks?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Anyone up for claiming NPD people are sociopaths who stole VGChartz's November console sales numbers, which have been publically available for weeks?

What sort of uncouth person would call another group sociopaths?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)