By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

The 360 might be ahead next week if these numbers continues this way.

Nah, the further we get from GT launch week, the more stabalised PS3 numbers will become (in terms of natural holiday boost) I expect PS3 to get a bigger boost than 360 next week, but not dominate over 360 again this holiday due to Kinect obviously taking off ELSEwhere than America and UK.

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

In the grand scheme of things I don't find it remotely hard to believe. When it comes to casuals, this is an evoloution to Wii, it's going to captivate them the same way. It's exactly why its next xmas is going to be bigger than this one, and why 20 mill is a lock on, even if mid year sales die down a tad.

Kinect will be a best seller at christmas for a few years to come yet. When it reachs $99 and then $69... well

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Seece said:

In the grand scheme of things I don't find it remotely hard to believe. When it comes to casuals, this is an evoloution to Wii, it's going to captivate them the same way. It's exactly why its next xmas is going to be bigger than this one, and why 20 mill is a lock on, even if mid year sales die down a tad.

Kinect will be a best seller at christmas for a few years to come yet. When it reachs $99 and then $69... well

Why do you keep comparing it to the Wii? Its an addon, it will have as much as an effect as Wiifit. And it's blowing up in one country while doing well in others.

Comparing it to Wii Fit is stupid, Wii Fit isn't HW that is going to get meaningful price cuts and SW for it ..... as far as casuals go (the people amazed by Wii) Kinect is a CONSOLE. They'll buy the BUNDLE.

WoW, those GT5 numbers really does make my prediction of 4-6 million seem foolish,

7-8 is would be better.........o-well

GREAT 360 numbers BTW!! O_o

forest-spirit said:

Epic Mickey's Week 2 numbers has been adjusted up around 20k I think. And this week it almost did as much as Week 1 and 2 combined! It was supposed to be a bomb!

Never underestimate Disney magic!

Have you played the game Mr. Spirit?

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

Comparing it to Wii Fit is stupid, Wii Fit isn't HW that is going to get meaningful price cuts and SW for it ..... as far as casuals go (the people amazed by Wii) Kinect is a CONSOLE. They'll buy the BUNDLE.

The funny thing is the way you describe Kinect sales for next year is the way wiifit sold but wihout a pricecut. Wiifit is even more amazing as it had no software support as it should have had.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Good Wii sales. 1M week again :D

Also, good legs for DKC, and with the opening at Japan, plus America, I think about 700k for this week.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

The funny thing is the way you describe Kinect sales for next year is the way wiifit sold but wihout a pricecut. Wiifit is even more amazing as it had no software support as it should have had.

Yes Wii Fit was amazing in terms of sales, but it still doesn't mean the 2 can be compared in sales predicting, if they track the same it's for different reasons.

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

The 360 might be ahead next week if these numbers continues this way.

Nah, the further we get from GT launch week, the more stabalised PS3 numbers will become (in terms of natural holiday boost) I expect PS3 to get a bigger boost than 360 next week, but not dominate over 360 again this holiday due to Kinect obviously taking off ELSEwhere than America and UK.

Who'd thunk it psrock?

I am actually quite surprised, but sadly those numbers are bound change as they do each year. Who knows, 360 is probably winning anyway the last few weeks.  It's  hard to believe Kinect is now starting to have an effect. 

Because its more comparable to the Wii than to WiiFit.  Sure, its an addon but people are buying it because they want Kinect, not because they want Kinect Adventures.  WiiFit was about the game, not the balance board.  Plus Kinect is about multiple games people look to play with it while WiiFit was about that one game.

Kinect has taken reinvigorated 360 redesign sales and boosted them even more.  People are hot for it and this demand isn't going to go away.  As they add more core games and features, they'll even get 360 owners like me to buy it.  But, as the reported bundle sales have shown, it IS growing the userbase in a significant way this season and don't expect that to stop.

As for the country thing, EMEAA sales for this week have it selling more than the 360 and only 30k less than the PS3.  Its not just one country.

Cirio said:

People are getting a bit too excited over GT5s third week. Remember, we're still in the holiday boost period and Week 3 is too early to start talking about "legs". GT5 also had abmysal advertisement when it launched, and most of the advertisement is occuring now. It's only natural that people are going out to buy it now because there is a greater awareness of it.

I came here to discuss sales, and instead all I can do is stare at your sig! :/

I mentioned this on the GT5 wall but it's looking extremely likely that it will hit 5 million by the end of the year. Depending on what it does in Americas and Japan this week it could only need to average about 450k in the final 3 weeks. This is the week the game launches in Latin America so sales might not even go down in Americas.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4