By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When does Red Dead Redemption get any good?

Around the Network

What a bunch of haters ^^.   This game was far superior to Gran Theft Auto IV.   It had an excellent online multi-player (One of it's best features actually).  It's single-player can get a little dry, but it's still a fun game.   You have to enjoy the whole western shtick though.  If you don't, you won't enjoy the game that much.   Or you need to enjoy multi-player.

This was a very good game all around and certainly not a disappointment like GTAIV.

lol its all good but it gets boring 

DemOps said:

Its a boring game the whole way through, its even worse than the disaster GTAIV, its only saving grace was the end when John Marston dies.

whoa with the spoilers. Some people reading this may not have played it.

I spent well over 7 hours just hunting.  This game is simply not for you and some of the other people on this site. 

To the haters, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's overrated.  This is another case where the online world and real world just don't see eye to eye.  I know 12 people(yes, I did count) that say they loved it because it made them feel like a cowboy.  The online world confuses me sometimes.

It's a game you can spend countless hours doing nothing, but enjoy every minute of it. 

Around the Network

I actually really enjoyed the game a lot more once you get to Mexico. The political intrigue south of the border is just awesome, and the end of the game (or at least the first ending) is great.

What is with the piling on of sandbox games now?  I liked Gun a bunch, but found it too short.  I am hoping RDR holds up, as I started it up again.  Anyone here who doesn't like RDR actually like Gun?

richardhutnik said:

What is with the piling on of sandbox games now?  I liked Gun a bunch, but found it too short.  I am hoping RDR holds up, as I started it up again.  Anyone here who doesn't like RDR actually like Gun?

...Read this

That should answer all your questions

patapon said:
richardhutnik said:

...Read this

Interesting.  Seems like gaming critics seem to be in dire want of games to be some sort of cinematic masterpieces that convey excellent storytelling, so their craft can be seen as meaning more than it is. So a game may end up being dull, but so long as it has the pretention of being a serious work of art, it gets a nod as brilliant, wins Game of the Year with Spike, has Sesler of G4TV rave how amazing it is (and sees metaphors for the videogame industry in it) and so on. 

Anyhow, I do hope it does hold up as interesting.  I really do hope it does, despite what is being said here.

richardhutnik said:
patapon said:
richardhutnik said:

...Read this

Interesting.  Seems like gaming critics seem to be in dire want of games to be some sort of cinematic masterpieces that convey excellent storytelling, so their craft can be seen as meaning more than it is. So a game may end up being dull, but so long as it has the pretention of being a serious work of art, it gets a nod as brilliant, wins Game of the Year with Spike, has Sesler of G4TV rave how amazing it is (and sees metaphors for the videogame industry in it) and so on. 

Anyhow, I do hope it does hold up as interesting.  I really do hope it does, despite what is being said here.

It's a fun game in all facets.  It's well made from top to bottom, easy to play and easy to understand.  It does everything fairly seamlessly.  It's easily the best overall package released this year.   It's very deserving of the awards =p.