By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Good games for a five year old?

lego games are to hard for his age.

tony hawks project 8 is a good one, its something he will be able to mess about with or possibly sainst row 2 which again is easy for kids

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

lego games are to hard for his age.

tony hawks project 8 is a good one, its something he will be able to mess about with or possibly sainst row 2 which again is easy for kids

My son plays the Lego games just fine.  Him and his 4 year old brother.  Do they struggle a bit with some things?  Sure, but that's what Papa Rendo is for, to help guide them when things are tough.

leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:

Come on people, don't let him grow up to be a casual! To OP- get some of the games I mentioned like Tales, Banjo Kazooie and Lost Odyssey. Set him on the right path from the start. 

Also, as an aside, the more you shelter a kid the more they are going to experiment. By getting him kinect you ensure he'll be a loser with a drug addiction in his future. If you get him tales or LO he will grow up to be a congressman with a drug addiction. 

Have you ever met a 5 year old?  LO, good lord.  Most adults don't have the patience to sit through that (although I loved it), never mind a 5 year old.

When I was five I played those types of games

No.

d21lewis said:

People are choosing games like Banjo or Lost Odyssey (or even the guy who said he played Zelda at age 5), I don't know about you but....at age 5, I could barely read!

I got a NES with Mario/Duck Hunt/Track Meet for my 5th birthday. The mat broke almost right away so we exchanged it for Mario/Duck Hunt and got Zelda separate.

I never said I beat the game, and don't expect a 5yo to beat the game, but they should be able to play and enjoy it and when he gets older he'll be able to beat it.

Heck, my 1y.o. son can assemble Duplo blocks (the larger Lego blocks) granted he can't build anything interesting but he loves to stack them and carry them around. Sure it is too old for his age (really for 1.5-2 yo kids), but he still enjoys it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Tetris and space invaders that's all I needed when I was young until we got an snes then Super mario kart and Super mario world. kinect games are made with children in mind so almost any one of those would work.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
d21lewis said:

People are choosing games like Banjo or Lost Odyssey (or even the guy who said he played Zelda at age 5), I don't know about you but....at age 5, I could barely read!

I got a NES with Mario/Duck Hunt/Track Meet for my 5th birthday. The mat broke almost right away so we exchanged it for Mario/Duck Hunt and got Zelda separate.

I never said I beat the game, and don't expect a 5yo to beat the game, but they should be able to play and enjoy it and when he gets older he'll be able to beat it.

Heck, my 1y.o. son can assemble Duplo blocks (the larger Lego blocks) granted he can't build anything interesting but he loves to stack them and carry them around. Sure it is too old for his age (really for 1.5-2 yo kids), but he still enjoys it.

I stayed at my aunt 's daycare all the time from age 3-4 to 11-12. She had a NES and a Genesis set up and we played them constantly. Granted we never beat any of the games except for SMB 3, but we had a blast playing the Double Dragon games, Punchout, Contra, Kirby, plus another 30 games.

I would get pretty much any good game for a 5 year old as long as it is not insaneley difficult or too gorey. They may not be able to beat it but I'm sure they will have a blast.

daroamer said:
leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:

Come on people, don't let him grow up to be a casual! To OP- get some of the games I mentioned like Tales, Banjo Kazooie and Lost Odyssey. Set him on the right path from the start. 

Also, as an aside, the more you shelter a kid the more they are going to experiment. By getting him kinect you ensure he'll be a loser with a drug addiction in his future. If you get him tales or LO he will grow up to be a congressman with a drug addiction. 

Have you ever met a 5 year old?  LO, good lord.  Most adults don't have the patience to sit through that (although I loved it), never mind a 5 year old.

No.

I think I would know better than you

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

nordlead said:
d21lewis said:

Sorta explains how my kid pooped Lego blocks when she was a baby.....I thought she was magic!

Yeah, my kid liked playing more complex games, too.  It usually just wound up with ME@playing all of the harder levels.  She's the reason I played Sunshine a second time.

leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:

No.

Very well, which game were you playing at 5 that is comparable to Lost Odyssey?

daroamer said:
leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:
daroamer said:
leatherhat said:

No.

Very well, which game were you playing at 5 that is comparable to Lost Odyssey?

Phantasy star, Shining force, final fantasy. The usual suspects so to speak.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype