By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2011's GOTY race to be a very close one!

Slimebeast said:

Don't fool yourself. Skyrim is by far the biggest favorite.

Uncharted 3 will come closest quality/review-wise but it will suffer from feeling "more of the same", and it suffers a little from being exclusive.

Mass Effect 3 will get superb reviews and is multiplatform but suffers from an early year release and memory fade.

Meanwhile there's a whole 5.5 years between the last Elder Scrolls (Oblivion who also won Spike's GOTY) and Skyrim.

I think it's coming out in november or so. So.. I don't think they'll be forgotten.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

resistance 1 and 2 were good but not GOTY quality.

HOWEVER and this is a massive HOWEVER......they dropped 60fps and went for better graphics and it looks stunning.

they claim to have completed the game so that it can be played from start to finish so the remaining time will be put into polishing it up, improving multiplayer and making sure the frame rate is solid. you never know, it may end up better than killzone 3 (i know it will in single player, not sure about MP).

i think in 2011, there should be 10 nominees and 3 winners.....its crazy the amount of AAA titles coming out.

my GOTY contendors are

Portal 2

and

Skyrim

No doubt I will enjoy Uncharted 3, mass effect 3 and Infamous 2 as well but well uncharted 2, mass effect 2 and infamous all came out rather recently and I've been waiting for portal 2 and a new Elder Scrolls for way too long. Now if only diablo 3 gets a 2011 release date, I won't even be buying console games for 2011.

Fab_GS said:

For me, 2011 is going to be the best year this generation.

- 3DS games
- Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
- Mass Effect 3
- Portal
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Last Guardian
- ICO HD Collection
- Gears of War 3
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- The Last Story
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Xenoblade
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Forza 4
- Diablo 3
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising
- Journey
- and many more

*gasps*

I would be really surprised if Diablo 3 made it to 2011.

The BuShA owns all!

It's going to be a great year!

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 anybody?

pacman91 said:

Pikmin 3 anybody?

Is that releasing this year?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Yeah they'll be pretty evenly split.

If Halo Ce gets remade add that in, the original is the highest rated FPS of all time. Can't go far wrong with that to work with.

You forgot Dead Space 2, Rage and many more gems, so basically I agree!

Definitaly forgot The Last Guardian, thats my pick for next year

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia