By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 price needs to fall soon!

Here, in Canary Islands(Spain), the ps3 price was 600€ when it was launched, but yesterday, in some shops the price had dropped to 550€, as you see, here the ps3 is not selling very well.

Around the Network
ismael said:
Here, in Canary Islands(Spain), the ps3 price was 600€ when it was launched, but yesterday, in some shops the price had dropped to 550€, as you see, here the ps3 is not selling very well.
Yeah it always the countries that PS3 breaks record that people say it dont sell.

If retailers are selling your system for less profit, to get it out there stores that's a problem, now I know this wouldn't happen but say one of the systems started selling really low like 5k a week, could retailer say stop sending me your system because it's not really selling and it's not making any money any more!

I reckon MS will release the Elite while reducing the cost of the core and premium systems to boot.

The drop in the Canaries from 600€ to 550€ is probably bring done by the shops rather than Sony similar to what Play and WHSmith is doing with the price from £425 to £399.

The PS3 sales has started to slump and 360's are selling quicker than PS3's now (apart from Japan).

They will be forced into reducing the cost sooner rather than later.  Don't forget, MS already have a user base of 10m and it is slowly getting larger.  We know that people want a PS3, but just cannot warrant the high cost at the moment.  Sony need to reduce it to a level where it becomes a much easier choice to spend a little more money to get a PS3 than a lot more money.

A larger selection of titles would help as well.

I also believe that Sony will start giving a few movies with the unit to try and shift it first...but people want a cheaper model first and foremost and they want the choice of what they want to buy and when.

It needs to drop by £100 in the UK b4 Xmas IMHO. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

not really... its selling well enouth for no reason really.  Once top end games come sales will jump. 

they will cut price when they can...rumored late 2007 but they sure as hell wont rush it to lose even more.

MS aint cuting the price, they might just get rid of the core and sell premium and elite. 

Around the Network
Hus said:

not really... its selling well enouth for no reason really.  Once top end games come sales will jump. 

they will cut price when they can...rumored late 2007 but they sure as hell wont rush it to lose even more.

MS aint cuting the price, they might just get rid of the core and sell premium and elite. 

I agree MS won't cut the price they don't have too, but I disagree with the "Big Games" statement because that has been the story since the PS3 has been out, every time a big game come ou tit's suppose to boost sales (Motorstorm, VF5, it was a few more) but it hasn't happened. Those games didn't even cause a beep on the radar it jumped a little but went right back down.

Vf5 aint a big game.

othe rthen Resistanc wethere has not been a big game 

Motorstrom launched in MArch ( so how do you know it did not boost sales), Motorstorm will be in the top ten for USA sales for March, hardware sales will be alot better then Febs 130k.

Motorstrom took overall #1 in Europe out doing proven Resistance.

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Rachat and Klank...Killzone maybe, these are the "big titles" till now PS3 has been selling on Resistance alone.