By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN & Gamestop make new online deal

iLLmaticV3 said:

Not sure if this is good news or bad news...I guess only time will tell.

Quite.

Although as some of the comments on the link have pointed out, this is hardly anything new in the Gaming journalism:

Morgan Ramsay
President/CEO,
Entertainment Media Council

Game Informer is owned by GameStop and has the seventh largest circulation of consumer magazines.

Sara Pasky
Asst. News Director & PR,
GamersRevenge.com

This isn't something new for IGN. They share a PR Agency with Microsoft (Edelman http://www.edelman.com).

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
twesterm said:

Why is this a conflict of interest?

Website selling games wants reviews on website that reviews games to be artificially inflated to increase sales, and then to directly link review to page selling said game...

Honestly, you couldn't just work this one out?

I think you're really trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

1. According to teh intarwebz, IGN already artificially inflates their scores
  2. Gamestop doesn't have a problem selling games

don't try to reason with people twesterm. Big bad corporates iz bad, enthusiast press conspirseez!! Only 8.5 for GT5, XBOTs didnt get teh cheque in the mail!!! /thread/thread/thread!!!! I'm sure Greg miller already has his eye on that porchse he's been saving up for with all his bribe money, and peer shneider is cracking the whip on the 9 factory while printing dollar billz. Isn't it obvious? Teh hole interwebz know it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.