By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII...and I didn't really like it

I thought it was great :D I think it might be because i love it when a game is super simple for me XD which this game was. go forwards...yep thats it :D

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Ajescent said:
Boutros said:

People say the game is linear like it's a bad thing. It really isn't.

Btw, FFX was just as linear.

FFX was linear but you were allowed to break off the path whenever you wanted (Blitz Ball, Spherebreak, theatre, temple trials ...towns!! [ towns ALWAYS= unscripted exploration, i.e you were free to do what you wanted until you were back on the path.])

spherebreak was in FFX-2 not X

this isn't really on topic and I'm not really arguing about XIII anymore :P.

Fail sauce on a stick, I always do that, I spend so much time thinking x-2 is a part of X that I forget what went into what.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

The main reason I wasn't too satisfied with the game is because it seemed unfinished. After exploring some areas on Gran Pulse and reading the analects the game felt even more incomplete. It never quite hit the climax.

@OP

You only had 30K bucks? Did you never dig gold with chocobo's?

I find it hard to get attached to characters in games a lot. Its never like that when your younger than the main cast of characters. As a child I found it easy to get attached to characters, so did many of you probably. For example my 7 year old daughter cried when I told her Fang & Vanille "died", I never felt much for those characters but she got attached to them while she saw me play the game.

You've just committed the 13th sin of the Final Fantasy's holy Bible.

Around the Network

It's on sale for $40 at my local EB, so I still might go pick it up and see what it's like. Though if it turns out to be as bad as you say it is, then I'll just trade it in within a week for another game :D. 

It's really quite a divisive game. I thought the game was poor in terms of writing, character and pacing but I really, really enjoyed the battle system; though, I thought it took far too long to allow the player the freedom to actually enjoy it. The storytelling, while nothing special or even particularly good, was engaging enough to keep me going. Perhaps engaging is the wrong word- serviceable seems better suited.

Definitely not among my favourites overall, but in terms of battle systems - once they actually allow the freedom to enjoy- is perhaps my favourite in the series. For that reason alone, I'd place it above the worst in the series (III and even VIII).

I enjoyed it. I can proudly say that I put 100 hours in this game to platinum it. Sure, it has some flaws but I don't think linearity is a bad thing. For example, I find Fallout 3 extremely boring because it's so damn wide open. I liked the linear factor in FFXIII and I found chapter 11 to be a very refreshing change of pace too.

SuperAdrianK said:

Doesn't the fact it is a multiplatform release make this sin acceptable?  I wonder what the talk about FF XIII would of been if it had just been on the PS3.

richardhutnik said:
SuperAdrianK said:

Doesn't the fact it is a multiplatform release make this sin acceptable?  I wonder what the talk about FF XIII would of been if it had just been on the PS3.

I would still hate it and I'm sure many more would too.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?