By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what are your donkey kong returns impressions?

I'm thinking about geting donkey kong returns,but I don't know if it's going to be good are not. Does it give you that oldschool feel from back in the day. Is it classic 2D platformer all the way,any impressions on the game would help,thanks in advance. 

Around the Network

Just went through the first world (the Jungle), and it is all good! Really like it. Controls are really perfect and for a 1st world, the Jungle was just the little challenge I was looking for. Read reviews that really liked it and mentioned that it brought a lot of good ideas and and must admit that the first impression has me thirsty to discover the rest!

In short, i love it but haven't played much yet...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

5 worlds in, its full of kick ass. The replay value is great. The gameplay is kickass, but not DCK2 kickass (you get your ass literally kicked!), unless you're going for the gold medals,that way you get yourself prepared for more kick ass.(literally.)

It deserves to sell better than NSMBWii.

Rant, over.

I just got to world 5, and all I can say is the game is really challenging. Its the kind of challenging where no matter how many times you die, you just want to keep playing until you beat it.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Totally inferior to Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Around the Network

Its my GOTY. its decently hard, but you get plenty of lives so its not really a problem. The level designs are awesome. The parts with backround intereactions are good including the neat things you can find in the backrounds on some parts. The music is great and fits the levels they used them in. replayablity if you want to collect everything is awesome (i have over 40 hours in and still have not done everything). Co-Op is fun. THe graphics are good with a lot of detail put in including plants/flowers/ and more that you can interact with.  Controls are simple and great ( I would recommend using Wiimote sideways). It has the feel of a DKC game with some additions too. I really cant recommend this game enough to 2Dplatformer lovers.

It completely surpassed my expectations, which were pretty high to start with

It's very good but it's not the same feeling as the other DKC. There's not as much innovative ideas as the other ones.

I just finished the sixth world and I'm enjoying it so far. I don't like it as much as the original trilogy, and the motion-rolling takes some getting used to, but it's a solid 2D platformer nonetheless.

It most deffinatly has the classic side scrolling feel we know and love. I think the only downside it the fact that it is alittle on the difficult side. I played one level for an hour and couldn't beat it. I'm in the caves in the level where your on the cart and have to jump under crystals. I refuse to use the Super Guide so I guess I'll have to try again soon.

Alround great game as others have said its probubly the best game released on Wii this year. Other then Halo:Reach its probubly the best game on any platform released this year!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer