By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony channel stuffing PS3's to retailers (w/ pics).. AGGRIVATING.

Infamous said:
LivingMetal said:
Infamous said:
thismeintiel said:

What I don't understand is you say you're a "little" store, but you have 2 stock rooms, one in a basement and the other upstairs?  I've been to 3 or 4 Gamestops so far and I have to say neither have had a basement.  Just a tiny ass stock room in the back of the store.

Also, if you guys are in NO WAY in charge of ordering your stock, why is it I can go into any local Gamestop and if they don't have a game I wanted, they say they can order it for me?  This how I was able to purchase Indigo Prophecy last year.

All gamestops have a basement/storage area and a stockroom. Sometimes it's not exactly a basement, but most of the time it is.

And we don't "order," we get things shipped from other Gamestops. It's called an RSB. The only things we can order are things like more bags/shelf holders etc

So did you get those "extra" PS3's shipped from the other Gamestops?

No, you cannot RSB new systems. This is why if you need a system not in stock we see what's avaliable at Gamestops near us and call them up/tell them to hold it for you because they cannot ship those around.

FYI, RSBs are mostly used games/accessories.

Actually, I know that you CANNOT RSB new systems.  But you keep circumventing the point that someone at Gamestop has to place the initial order from Sony regarless of Sony's policies, and inventory eventually gets channeled to their final store locations.  Stop blaming something that wasn't Sony's fault.

Around the Network

double post

Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
thismeintiel said:

What I don't understand is you say you're a "little" store, but you have 2 stock rooms, one in a basement and the other upstairs?  I've been to 3 or 4 Gamestops so far and I have to say neither have had a basement.  Just a tiny ass stock room in the back of the store.

Also, if you guys are in NO WAY in charge of ordering your stock, why is it I can go into any local Gamestop and if they don't have a game I wanted, they say they can order it for me?  This how I was able to purchase Indigo Prophecy last year.

Its because its a fake story. 

I'm not even mad that he made up a story about ps3 shipments, I could care less what stock his store has.

What makes me mad is that he tried to create the must fucked up business model ever to support his story.

Stop trolling already. Either make a ban bet that you're WRONG about what you said, or shut up.

Gamestop managers cannot "order" from Sony/MS/Ninty. It's not a "fake" story or business model.

Bet?

OF COURSE THEY DON'T ORDER FROM THE BIG THREE

CORPORATE DOES THE ORDERING BASED ON ORDERS FROM THEIR STORES, THEY THEN SHIP TO THOSE STORES

ARE YOU REALLY SO DENSE? DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW BUSINESSES HIERARCHIES WORK?

CAPS LOCK ALL NIGHT!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Infamous said:
psrock said:

Dude you keep killing your own argument.

First, as An Assistant Manager, you should know that December is the month that sells the most consoles, the smart thing for a comapny to do, is to have enough supply ready. Yes, the Wii and 360  are sellig more, but that's every year in America.

Trust me, there will be shortages for all three at the beginning of the year.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

YES, ALL of those things are correct, and this is logic anyone can know. HOWEVER, this year we have 3x as much as last year. And it didn't just start like this in Dec, or November or even October. And last year the demand for PS3 was MUCH greater; I can tell you this for a fact. Especially the holidays.

If you don't understand then there's no point; I'll let someone else respond to you.

One question:

So you had less stock last year and what happen afterwards?

Well, if i said that i would ship 15 mill units, and basically controlled how many units i ship to retailers. I would ship 15 mill also. 

Around the Network

Stop ordering so many damn systems then.  Your manager should have control over something like that.   Orders are based on either manager orders or your store's rate of sale of a particular item.  Neither of which are Sony stuffing channels. 

edit.. If your store is buying something that can't sell, that's a mistake on your stores fault.  Sony can't force sells.

Sorry, I had to put down the popcorn because this whole show is ridiculous. Here is how it has played out:

1. OP who works as an assistant manager for a GameStop store does inventory and notices a huge discrepancy in overshipments of Sony PS3, PS3 Move bundles, and Move to his store.

2. He snaps some pictures and sometime after work he logs on here and creates an honest post accusing Sony of overstuffing the channel for whatever reason be it to hit the 15 million mark or whatnot.

3. Another poster comes on and denies to the point of trolling calling the OP a liar and continuing to post regardless of knowing whether he is flaming or not.

4. Possible ulterior motives underlying the OP and the other poster's posts. I don't know but judging from their sigs, one is a heavy Sony user thusforth they may have so much emotion invested in the success of Sony that they post to the point of ban.

5. Obscene language and caps lock are observed on the other poster's part.

Now I could write all this up as a report, but I will not because I prefer my analysis to be a part of public record.

I have no problem denying the OP, but when it comes to the point where one calls him a liar, uses obscene language, and resort to caps locks, then one is past the point of a rational discussion where both can agree to disagree. At this point, one needs to be checked and dragged from the podium.

Back to the popcorn and purple font watching.

LivingMetal said:

It's a government conspiracy at the federal level.  Sony made a deal with the new Republican controlled House to force retailers to buy their products.  Why?  I dunno.  Ask the OP.  He's good at making up stories.  Maybe he can finish this one up... if believable.

Well Bill Gates IS a Democrat you know.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Does this even matter, lol? Consumers are gonna be happy in the end anyways, since Gamestop will be forced to sell off the stock cheaper or with special deals later on to make more storage space. :)

OP, you should be a better salesman.  This is YOUR fault.

j/k