By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: DaVinchi App. (WoW)

there is a lot of potential in Kinect. Use it right!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Very cool.

I know it's jumping the gun a bit since it just released last month but Kinect 2.0 is going to be incredible.

DirtyP2002 said:

there is a lot of potential in Kinect. Use it right!

Indeed.

The Force is strong ;)

Very good use of Kinect.

I'm sorry but I gotta tell this:

The only thing impressive about this is the demo itself, showcasing some fun physics and you can draw your own "bodies", but while they're using kinect for that, they could also be using a wiimote or move which would result on a more accurate and drawing. the only thing used here are pointer controls, which can be done better on wiimote or move because the nature of the controllers themselves against kinect.

There's nothing "kinect only". It just shows that kinect can also do it, but the lag on the pointer controls are completely noticeable.

As for the app, there's a DS game that simulates physics too... Dr. Wolfs something. So it is nothing spectacular and unique either.

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:

The only thing impressive about this is the demo itself, showcasing some fun physics and you can draw your own "bodies", but while they're using kinect for that, they could also be using a wiimote or move which would result on a more accurate and drawing. the only thing used here are pointer controls, which can be done better on wiimote or move because the nature of the controllers themselves against kinect.

There's nothing "kinect only". It just shows that kinect can also do it, but the lag on the pointer controls are completely noticeable.

As for the app, there's a DS game that simulates physics too... Dr. Wolfs something. So it is nothing spectacular and unique either.

Aaah, glad I dont have to burst the bubble myself

I mean : if you like this type of stuff go play LBP !

Oh, wait, it is not on 360 ...

/thread

Edit : /kinect outside dance central perhaps

Time to Work !

Mr.Metralha said:

How do you open and close your hand with a Wiimote / move controller? shake it?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Mr.Metralha said:

this educational video should explain everything especially at 0:48 onwords

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

DirtyP2002 said:

That would of course be one possibility, but it would be easier and more responsive to simply use a special feature that experts call "buttons".

The demo indeed uses Kinect only for simple pointer/click events. Nice to see, but it's not really a showcase for what Kinect is capable to do, as it could be done (and done better) with pretty much any pointer device (Wiimote, PS Move, Mouse, Touchscreens, graphics tablets and so on).

DirtyP2002 said:
Mr.Metralha said:

LOL, buttons are familiar to you? B button on the wiimote would just do it perfectly.