By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3 overtakes Xbox 360 in France

I try to traduce, sorry for my english, if someone can correct me after!
Record year for the french market in 2007, which increase to 1.1 milliard than in 2006. Five millions of hardware were sold, Nintendo dominated software and accessories with 50% of market share, and to finish this is the total console by console since there launch.

1. Playstation 2 – more than 5,5 millions
2. Nintendo DS – more than 4,4 millions – (2,2 millions in 2007)
3. Wii – more than à 1 million – (1 million in the middle of décembre 2007)
4. Xbox – 750.000
5. Xbox 360 – 500.000 (200.000 in 2007)
6. Playstation 3 – entre 400.000 et 500.000

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

Around the Network

""
Record year for the French market which should manage to exceed 1,1 billion euro in turnovers (sales), is almost the double of the previous year (568 millions). Reason of all that, five million consoles were sold in 2007 against "only " three in 2006. The market of games and attachments (accessoir ?), detained at 50 % by Nintendo notably thanks to its DS, is estimated at 2,4 billion euro. Here is to end complete sales of the consoles of actual and previous generation in France since their exits:
""

using a translator (and me)

Time to Work !

thats great......i guess

@draven

ps3 is at 500k according to this information?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I always knew France would be the critical deciding factor in this war.

Around the Network

Seems VGChartz undertracked the PS3 and overtracked the 360 (severely before the recent correction). Seems to be in line with what we've read on the forums from French people.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@zackblue
Yes PS3 is at 500k!

@libellule
Thanks you ^^

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire