By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Review Summary

Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

I have both GT5 and Forza 3 and in general haven't noticed any long load times in GT5 (except the initial install). Forza 3 on average takes about 30 seconds give or take to load a race, so i'm not sure why that video shows Forza in such a bad light. I'd say in terms of loading they were about equal. I don't have a problem either with the interface in GT5 unlike many others who complain. The graphics are definitely tipped in GT5's favor in some of the races, but it definitely suffers in others. Some tracks look poor and its obvious the standard cars are not up to the high level of finish of the premium.  I don't think this takes away from the enjoyment of the game though. I still prefer the car handling in Forza 3 over GT5 as it seems to react as I expect a car would when you apply power and braking. This could all be down to the fact I am using a pad in both games, but thats just my impression of it. GT5 also suffers a bit in terms of sense of speed, but thats just the difference between a sim and the slightly arcade route which Forza 3 took.

Both games are excellent and provide many hours of enjoyment whichever console you have.

farrrrrrr to reasonable and balanced... forza is a poor imitation of the definitive GT franchise... wash your mouth out!!

whats your opinion of the online apsects of each? 

The online in Forza 3 is broken and total crap. It's the same as "nothing" from where I stand. So yeah, keep comparing online features between the 2 games. Now go look for the Forza 3 online community AND GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE LOL.

I guess that's why I've played Forza 3 online plenty and had a blast, right? And also why it's been in the top 20 list on Xbox Live, right? I'm getting a little tired of people talking crap about this game because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score everybody hoped for.

Don't worry. People are also tired of seeing you coming in PS3 threads to talk crap about the games and the system.  So I guess it even things out a bit, eh?

What you're saying here is that because you judge your experience with Forza 3's online mode as a blast, everyone here should think the same?  ¬_¬

In that case, GT5 is a 9.5 out of 10 game because I say so!

What the hell are you on about? Go ahead and show me where I've spread negativity on GT5 or the PS3? I haven't said two words about the PS3 as a system on this site, so I can tell that you can't! Care to refute how a game's online is broken if it's so popular? Get over yourself and stop spreading BS about me because I'm defending Forza.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

I have both GT5 and Forza 3 and in general haven't noticed any long load times in GT5 (except the initial install). Forza 3 on average takes about 30 seconds give or take to load a race, so i'm not sure why that video shows Forza in such a bad light. I'd say in terms of loading they were about equal. I don't have a problem either with the interface in GT5 unlike many others who complain. The graphics are definitely tipped in GT5's favor in some of the races, but it definitely suffers in others. Some tracks look poor and its obvious the standard cars are not up to the high level of finish of the premium.  I don't think this takes away from the enjoyment of the game though. I still prefer the car handling in Forza 3 over GT5 as it seems to react as I expect a car would when you apply power and braking. This could all be down to the fact I am using a pad in both games, but thats just my impression of it. GT5 also suffers a bit in terms of sense of speed, but thats just the difference between a sim and the slightly arcade route which Forza 3 took.

Both games are excellent and provide many hours of enjoyment whichever console you have.

farrrrrrr to reasonable and balanced... forza is a poor imitation of the definitive GT franchise... wash your mouth out!!

The online in Forza 3 is broken and total crap. It's the same as "nothing" from where I stand. So yeah, keep comparing online features between the 2 games. Now go look for the Forza 3 online community AND GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE LOL.

I guess that's why I've played Forza 3 online plenty and had a blast, right? And also why it's been in the top 20 list on Xbox Live, right? I'm getting a little tired of people talking crap about this game because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score everybody hoped for.

Don't worry. People are also tired of seeing you coming in PS3 threads to talk crap about the games and the system.  So I guess it even things out a bit, eh?

What you're saying here is that because you judge your experience with Forza 3's online mode as a blast, everyone here should think the same?  ¬_¬

What the hell are you on about? Go ahead and show me where I've spread negativity on GT5 or the PS3? I haven't said two words about the PS3 as a system on this site, so I can tell that you can't! Care to refute how a game's online is broken if it's so popular? Get over yourself and stop spreading BS about me because I'm defending Forza.

You're right. You don't point the games or system directly.  But you do have the habit to come into PS3 threads to impose your views on people preferring a PS3 game over a 360 game though.  I mean, what do you expect to see in a PS3 centered thread?

You stir shit all the time with just about everyone who doesn't see it your way.  A quick look at your post history is a good showcase of that.  

Just take your contribution to this here thread for example.  Because you had a blast with Forza 3's online mode, everyone should have had the same exact experience, and come with the same exact conclusion?  Seriously, get over yourself.

In any case, you're so bitter and upset all the time that it is indeed tiresome and annoying to read your input on things here.  And when you aren't bitter and upset, your comments are made to belittle people, facepalm them, and so on.  So yeah, I can see how tired and annoyed people can get when they read your oh so respectful comments.

Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

You're right. You don't point the games or system directly.  But you do have the habit to come into PS3 threads to impose your views on people preferring a PS3 game over a 360 game though.  I mean, what do you expect to see in a PS3 centered thread?

You stir shit all the time with just about everyone who doesn't see it your way.  A quick look at your post history is a good showcase of that.  

Just take your contribution to this here thread for example.  Because you had a blast with Forza 3's online mode, everyone should have had the same exact experience, and come with the same exact conclusion?  Seriously, get over yourself.

In any case, you're so bitter and upset all the time that it is indeed tiresome and annoying to read your input on things here.  And when you aren't bitter and upset, your comments are made to belittle people, facepalm them, and so on.  So yeah, I can see how tired and annoyed people can get when they read your oh so respectful comments.

1. Ahh, so you made the part about me insulting the PS3 and GT5 up? Well done sir! I applaud you!

2. The only one "stirring shit" in this thread is you. If you have something specific to show me, be my guest. Something tells me I'll be waiting awhile on that one too.

3. Show me where I said that. Go ahead and show me where I said that. There is a difference between not liking something and saying it's completely broken. Once again, you've completely failed to show me how the online is "broken" in any fashion. I didn't ever say "FORZA 3 ONLINE IS AWESOME AND EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE IT!111!11!" Stop strawmanning me into something I never said.

The only one who's being tiresome here is you. I suggest you stop lying about what I've said, stop strawmanning what I've said, and drop this hilarious "holier than thou" attitude you seem to have.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

ONLINE STOREa:

======  (  http://tighturl.com/2rw9   )====

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15                         

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

I suppose it's too "Japanese" 

Around the Network

i think the reason they gave the scores they did was, though yes the game was incredable it didnt live up to the hype. We where expecting the god of all racers, we got the jesus lol XD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

themanwithnoname said:

Here.  You're getting tired of people because they have an opinion different from yours. You jumped to the conclusion behind the reason why they made those claims about Forza 3.   ¬_¬

Who are you to claim that those who have a negative opinion about Forza 3 only think like they do because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score they hoped for?  Can't someone think differently than you for their own legitimate reasons?  

And when did I say that Forza 3's online was broken?  I'm not the one who said that.  Try to keep up.

As for the rest that you said, I'm laughing at the actual irony and the typical "mirror" use of yours.  Though I certainly didn't expect more from you. 

Hynad said:

themanwithnoname said:

Here.  You're getting tired of people because they have an opinion different from yours. You jumped to the conclusion behind the reason why they made those claims about Forza 3.   ¬_¬

Who are you to claim that those who have a negative opinion about Forza 3 only think like they do because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score they hoped for?  Can't someone think differently than you for their own legitimate reasons?  

And when did I say that Forza 3's online was broken?  I'm not the one who said that.  Try to keep up.

As for the rest that you said, I'm laughing at the actual irony and the typical "mirror" use of yours.  Though I certainly didn't expect more from you. 

You're an absolute genious. Why don't you go look at who I quoted when I said that, then come back when you have a clue what you're talking about.

Hint: When did I ever say you said it was broken? I wasn't even talking to you in that part you quoted me on. Nice try though. Your debating skills are unparalleled.

themanwithnoname said:
Hynad said:

3. Show me where I said that. Go ahead and show me where I said that. There is a difference between not liking something and saying it's completely broken. Once again, you've completely failed to show me how the online is "broken" in any fashion. I didn't ever say "FORZA 3 ONLINE IS AWESOME AND EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE IT!111!11!" Stop strawmanning me into something I never said.

Surely, in this direct reply to me, you made it quite clear that you were replying to someone else in this particular part. Seriously, you question my argumentative ability after this? lol

I'm certainly not the one who will try to show you how the online of Forza 3 is "broken" in any fashion when I don't even think it is in the first place.

Now is it really that big a deal that gekkokame doesn't share your opinion about Forza 3's online mode?

And thank you for acknowledging my genius. ^_-

Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
Hynad said:

Surely, in this direct reply to me, you made it quite clear that you were replying to someone else in this particular part. Seriously, you question my argumentative ability after this? lol

I'm certainly not the one who will try to show you how the online of Forza 3 is "broken" in any fashion when I don't even think it is in the first place.

Now is it really that big a deal that gekkokame doesn't share your opinion about Forza 3's online mode?

And thank you for acknowledging my genius. ^_-

Yeah, why don't you show my post before that? Oh wait, here it is

themanwithnoname said:

"What the hell are you on about? Go ahead and show me where I've spread negativity on GT5 or the PS3? I haven't said two words about the PS3 as a system on this site, so I can tell that you can't! Care to refute how a game's online is broken if it's so popular? Get over yourself and stop spreading BS about me because I'm defending Forza."

Yep, it's fairly obvious that my point was how can a broken game be in the top 20 on Xbox Live, to which I posed the same question to you because you were so adamant on defending the guy (after strawmanning my argument nonetheless), and you in two posts ignored that question entirely. Did you ever ask him how it was broken? No, you tried to attack me and play the "you're an Xbox 360 fanboy" card (yeah, I know you didn't say it, but that's exactly what it was). Please show me where in those two posts I said that you called it broken. I guess I'll be waiting on that one awhile too.

I'm done with this "debate." You've lied about my post history, strawmanned my arguments, and now are selectively quoting me in an attempt to take me out of context to strengthen your argument. See ya later!