By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Review Summary

The issue is that whatever fault you can have with the game.

It does not affect the racing, and thats what GT is all about.  Of all the faults the reviewers cry about none of them have any negative effect on the racing.  

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Aldro said:

This game is shit loads of fun.

THE ONLINE is without doubt one of my top PS3 online games. Gather 16 swedish / iranian players on my friend list (the community system is so awesome, it almost like facebook but for cars LOL). Its so awesome playing with 16 people screaming in the mic, the tension when someone tries to overtake you, and you relise you cant do shit -> DIE MAN DIE. Lmao, oh and the start, the cluster fuck where some cars roll over and jump right over your car as you pass them.

Its so intense I just came while writing this.

As for the overall race performance, you can always put the penalty thing on so you don't really see these crashes as brutally and everyone can be boring and have a real race (Naw im just kidding). I just like action from time to time LOL. Especially when everyone screams Allah Ackbar before hitting each other XD. Such an amazing game, im truly addicted to it and its online mode.

Whoever said GT5 has "half working online", What the fucking balls are you talking about man?

EDIT: Just rememberd, Forza can only have 8 cars on the track. Wait is this really true? Im pretty sure it is o_o someone back me up fast! That means GT5 has 2x the amount?!

EDIT2: Or maybe Forza has ..12? Thats atleast better, I mean 8 is far too little. Can someone confirm how many cars can be at the track at once in Forza 3? I know GT5 has 16. Anything below 12-10 is wtf.

Not sure 100% but pretty sure it was 8

If that is true then dayum, I shall never be mean to Forza again. Its no contest really...
*Walks away laughing hysterically and repeating the number 8!*

(Naw im just kidding, I thought it was 8 ONLINE though but didnt know it was overall 8. Thats kinda low for a racing game... or am I just spoiled by GT now?)

Dang, I had no idea the game was that good and realistic coming from some of the comments on here, especially about the online. A lot of the reviewers made the online sound bad.

Well, I think the online's good if you have a community of friends going. Otherwise its pretty daunting. Its nothing like MnR which you can just keep doing random matches and level up. 

However, with friends and a community of racers, its a blast. You can even share tracks and photos you made online, sort of like a car facebook. 

gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

I have both GT5 and Forza 3 and in general haven't noticed any long load times in GT5 (except the initial install). Forza 3 on average takes about 30 seconds give or take to load a race, so i'm not sure why that video shows Forza in such a bad light. I'd say in terms of loading they were about equal. I don't have a problem either with the interface in GT5 unlike many others who complain. The graphics are definitely tipped in GT5's favor in some of the races, but it definitely suffers in others. Some tracks look poor and its obvious the standard cars are not up to the high level of finish of the premium.  I don't think this takes away from the enjoyment of the game though. I still prefer the car handling in Forza 3 over GT5 as it seems to react as I expect a car would when you apply power and braking. This could all be down to the fact I am using a pad in both games, but thats just my impression of it. GT5 also suffers a bit in terms of sense of speed, but thats just the difference between a sim and the slightly arcade route which Forza 3 took.

Both games are excellent and provide many hours of enjoyment whichever console you have.

farrrrrrr to reasonable and balanced... forza is a poor imitation of the definitive GT franchise... wash your mouth out!!

whats your opinion of the online apsects of each? 

The online in Forza 3 is broken and total crap. It's the same as "nothing" from where I stand. So yeah, keep comparing online features between the 2 games. Now go look for the Forza 3 online community AND GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE LOL.

I guess that's why I've played Forza 3 online plenty and had a blast, right? And also why it's been in the top 20 list on Xbox Live, right? I'm getting a little tired of people talking crap about this game because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score everybody hoped for.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Think the problem was that people were percieving it as a game that's supoosed to have the bestestz graphicz eva! /shrug

oh btw, I'm a PC gamer and I don't even bitch about load times on consoles(I do bitch about disc swapping though, meh,) so stfu about load times lol. It's ridiculous.

themanwithnoname said:
gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

I have both GT5 and Forza 3 and in general haven't noticed any long load times in GT5 (except the initial install). Forza 3 on average takes about 30 seconds give or take to load a race, so i'm not sure why that video shows Forza in such a bad light. I'd say in terms of loading they were about equal. I don't have a problem either with the interface in GT5 unlike many others who complain. The graphics are definitely tipped in GT5's favor in some of the races, but it definitely suffers in others. Some tracks look poor and its obvious the standard cars are not up to the high level of finish of the premium.  I don't think this takes away from the enjoyment of the game though. I still prefer the car handling in Forza 3 over GT5 as it seems to react as I expect a car would when you apply power and braking. This could all be down to the fact I am using a pad in both games, but thats just my impression of it. GT5 also suffers a bit in terms of sense of speed, but thats just the difference between a sim and the slightly arcade route which Forza 3 took.

Both games are excellent and provide many hours of enjoyment whichever console you have.

farrrrrrr to reasonable and balanced... forza is a poor imitation of the definitive GT franchise... wash your mouth out!!

The online in Forza 3 is broken and total crap. It's the same as "nothing" from where I stand. So yeah, keep comparing online features between the 2 games. Now go look for the Forza 3 online community AND GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE LOL.

I guess that's why I've played Forza 3 online plenty and had a blast, right? And also why it's been in the top 20 list on Xbox Live, right? I'm getting a little tired of people talking crap about this game because GT5 didn't get the metacritic score everybody hoped for.

Don't worry. People are also tired of seeing you coming in PS3 threads to talk crap about the games and the system.  So I guess it even things out a bit, eh?

What you're saying here is that because you judge your experience with Forza 3's online mode as a blast, everyone here should think the same?  ¬_¬

In that case, GT5 is a 9.5 out of 10 game because I say so!

Hynad said:
themanwithnoname said:
gekkokamen said:
kowenicki said:
tronied said:

Don't worry. People are also tired of seeing you coming in PS3 threads to talk crap about the games and the system.  So I guess it even things out a bit, eh?

What you're saying here is that because you judge your experience with Forza 3's online mode as a blast, everyone here should think the same?  ¬_¬

In that case, GT5 is a 9.5 out of 10 game because I say so!

/Win

EDIT: - My bad double post