By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - News about Live on Thursday - let's wildly speculate!

Nsanity said:
TRios_Zen said:

From Major Nelson's Twitter: 

Finished up a Major's Minute shoot for this week. You'll want to watch it Thursday for some great news for LIVE members.

What can this be?? 

• DEDICATED servers for all games?
  • INternet Explorer 9 in the dashboard?

These are crazy wrong, any other guesses?

Can you link me to where he said that?

How do you link to a tweet?  Hmmm.  Check here: http://majornelson.com/Default.aspx he has a twiter feed on the left hand side of his blog, or just follow him on twitter!

Around the Network

Reuteurs just the othr day said that Microsoft is working to create a TV network for Live and should be up in 1 yr. That type of announcement would probably be at E3 and rolled out in the Fall.

I think it's probably a release date for Hulu Plus or they add more functionality with Kinect (being able to browse Netflix using Kinect).

Just want to play good games

OnLive service!

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Wait! It obviously has something to do with NASA's statement why else have it on the same day?!? Xbox first console to have interplanetary play!

(is that wild enough for you? :P)

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Another price hike. EA wants what Activision's getting!

Around the Network
dsister said:

OnLive service!

HAHA!  at work and I almost actually did LOL.  Co-workers would think I'm crazy (but probably not surprised by that revelation).

axumblade said:

The rumor I've heard is that Live is going to offer a cable-like subscription....which is strange because I always thought that's sounds a lot like hulu ....which has already been announced. x.o just saying.

I could picture there being a deal with Viacom or one of the other major cable station owners to show tv shows for the company based on xbox live prices. Its kind of an obvious step considering that ESPN isn't the only channel that cable owners are interested in having.

No, you are right, I've heard this one as well.  This would be cool but could be pricey.  Hulu plus is $10 more I think right? 

I ain't poor, but dang it could add up fast!

@all, dang leaving work now, just when it's getting good!

I am guessing some sort of tie in with DirecTv sort of like our cousins in the UK have with their Satelite provider.  That would be a great idea.  I would personally rather have an entire service dedicated to IP TV like Microsoft were on about a few years ago.  IPTV will probably take over in a few years anyways.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Free Pepsi avatar accesory, only 400 MS points.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

dsister said:

Wait! It obviously has something to do with NASA's statement why else have it on the same day?!? Xbox first console to have interplanetary play!

(is that wild enough for you? :P)

New to community area... you get to play Halo online against REAL members of the Covanent