By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I will not marry a biochemist

Source

Biochemist guilty of dissolving husband in acid

Murder suspect Larissa Schuster listens during a hearing Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2007, in a Los Angeles County courthouse. (AP/Nick Ut)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A biochemist who killed her husband by knocking him out and pouring hydrochloric acid on him was convicted Wednesday of first-degree murder.

A Superior Court jury found Larissa Schuster, 47, of Clovis, guilty of murdering Timothy Schuster with the special circumstance that the murder was committed for financial gain. His half-dissolved body was found a few days after his 2003 death in a barrel that was inside a storage unit that his wife had rented.

Schuster faces a mandatory term of life in prison without parole at sentencing, set for Jan. 16.

Defense attorney Roger Nuttall declined to comment to The Fresno Bee after the hearing. A call to his office by The Associated Press seeking comment after the verdict was not immediately returned.

Jury selection began in October in Fresno. The trial was moved to Los Angeles after a judge ruled there was too much media attention in Fresno County to be able to find an impartial jury.

The Schusters co-owned a chemical lab and were in the midst of a bitter divorce.

Prosecutors said Larissa Schuster and her former lab assistant kidnapped her 45-year-old husband on July 10, 2003, knocked him out with a stun gun and chloroform-soaked rag, then dumped his bound body headfirst into a barrel while he was still breathing.

The assistant, James Fagone, told authorities that Larissa Schuster then poured hydrochloric acid into the 55-gallon container.

Fagone said Schuster paid him $2,000 to help rob and assault her husband but he didn’t know murder was planned. Schuster testified that Fagone killed her husband by accident and that she only helped dispose of the body.

Fagone was convicted in December 2006 of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Around the Network

And I also would not want the last name Fagone.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

More like don't marry anyone with access to large drums of acid. O_o

Thats a pretty bad way to go. She deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Are you sure she didn't dissolve him with that icy stare of hers? Because if looks could kill, She IS a barrel of hydrochloric acid.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

And I'll bet the poor bastard had to see her naked and sleep with her!

llewdebkram said:
And I'll bet the poor bastard had to see her naked and sleep with her!

I would rather take the acid to face than that.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I really hope they both get a few life sentences in jail. Thats a cruel death. I really hope the guy didnt suffer that much.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
 I really hope the guy didnt suffer that much.

If it pains you from just reading, I am quite sure he suffered a lot more than us.

*roommate is a biochemist*

*looks over at him nervously*

"Hey, whatcha reading there?"

Nothing Ryan... nothing...

*positions my knife closer to arm's reach"