By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

peace_lover said:
jneul said:

SIMPLY AMAZING SALES, THE HATERS WILL NOT BE HAPPY NOW, BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THE RACING GENRE DIED ALREADY

PS I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL THE PEOPLE CALLING THIS OK, THAT IT NEARLY OUTSOLD FORZA 3 IN JUST TWO DAYS ALONE, FORZA 3 IS AT AROUND 3.3M

OOh dear.., please.., don't do that....(T_T), just celebrate it in every way you like to.., but not that one please...(seriously)

Another one from jneul

COMPARING IT TO HALO SALES ARE RETARDED AND SHOULD BE COMPARING IT TO A GAME IN THE SAME GENRE LIKE FORZA, WHICH GT5 WILL EASILY OUTSELL GOING ON FROM HERE, GT5 WILL ALSO OUTSELL HALO AS WELL IT'S MY NEXT PREDICTION

http://n4g.com/news/654083/gran-turismo-5-sells-1-8-million-worldwide-in-2-days/com

Around the Network
A203D said:
ArcticGabe said:

Forza 3 was only in development for 2 years :), GT5 spent more than twice as much time to make...

And I thought ppl were comparing it to Halo?

lol

Yeah and GT5 has set the gold standard of 3D gaming, a category those games cant compete in.

Forza walked away with multiple awards with higher score on on Gamerankings and Metacritic just saying.

HAHAHAAHHA!!!!

Here comes the excuses!!

Bu bu but okish sales!! yeh I thought it was gonna fail to sell?

2.4-2.5m week 1 about the same as GT4 on a console with over 100m userbase LOL!!!.

Who cares if it sold more than X or Y ?

Anyway, 2.5m first week is very good ( especially without a lot of advertising - I personally didn't see anything - ), I'm laughing at the haters who thought it'd bomb. Considering GTs have legs, it could reach 8-10m lifetime.

Nsanity said:
A203D said:
ArcticGabe said:

Forza 3 was only in development for 2 years :), GT5 spent more than twice as much time to make...

And I thought ppl were comparing it to Halo?

lol

Yeah and GT5 has set the gold standard of 3D gaming, a category those games cant compete in.

Forza walked away with multiple awards with higher score on on Gamerankings and Metacritic just saying.

Thanks for ruining this thread. Yep, Forza 3 is a better game because reviewers said so, just like Modern Wafare 2 is a better game than Halo:Reach

Seriously, reviews mean nothing because they are all subjective. Everyone should have his own opinion after playing both GT5 and Forza 3. And I doubt you have played GT5. Some may like Forza more, some GT5, none of these games is objectively better than the other one.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Yeah, smh @ people trusting reviewers.

Oooh GOD No..., please guys..., please stop comparing it to FORZA..., that just don't make any better..., please...(T_T), it will just feeds the circle of hatred which already hurt our feeling, and their feeling, both side..!!, seriously..!!

looks like the people adamantly predicting less than GT5p will be getting the crow they deserve!

My current Soul Silver Team:

Nsanity said:
peace_lover said:
jneul said:

SIMPLY AMAZING SALES, THE HATERS WILL NOT BE HAPPY NOW, BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THE RACING GENRE DIED ALREADY

PS I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL THE PEOPLE CALLING THIS OK, THAT IT NEARLY OUTSOLD FORZA 3 IN JUST TWO DAYS ALONE, FORZA 3 IS AT AROUND 3.3M

OOh dear.., please.., don't do that....(T_T), just celebrate it in every way you like to.., but not that one please...(seriously)

Another one from jneul

COMPARING IT TO HALO SALES ARE RETARDED AND SHOULD BE COMPARING IT TO A GAME IN THE SAME GENRE LIKE FORZA, WHICH GT5 WILL EASILY OUTSELL GOING ON FROM HERE, GT5 WILL ALSO OUTSELL HALO AS WELL IT'S MY NEXT PREDICTION

http://n4g.com/news/654083/gran-turismo-5-sells-1-8-million-worldwide-in-2-days/com

o_o quoting my quotes from other sites, so not cool bro, ppl don't want us to compare gt5 and forza sales??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Good sales for a good game. Will be interesting to see the Track article on monday. I think that will give us an indication of how acurate these numbers are as i think UK is  the biggest racing game market in Europe right?

Solid opening for GT5 then. But it will be interesting in the coming weeks to see how it drops off. That will give us a better idea of the type of legs we can see from it. GT4 sold almost 50% of it's entire sales in the first month (4.4m). And that was not even in a holiday period. This time round GT5 has the holiday period to sell to. If it hasen't reached at least 4.4m by jan 1st then i think it will struggle to get to the 10m mark. I think most peoples view of around 8m lifetime could be quite likely.