By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers Epic Mickey Review.

Here we go. I will not tell you the score. Watch the video. Discuss. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-epic-mickey/707878

Around the Network

Not a bad score to be honest.

Tease.

good, the game seems nice.

Seems like a good enough score to assure the game satisfies anyone with a love for Mickey and/or Disney. But not good enough to interest anyone who is rather ambivalent towards the Mouse and his maker.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

8.2 looks like my interest went away.

Around the Network
dany612 said:

Thats pretty sad to be honest, cause it's an 8 game but its kinda like so was the games that inspired it, mainly those SNES and Gen platformers, they were great, but honestly this game is an 8 because of the gameplay but on the other hand its an experience you don't get in other games, and for me personally it makes it an 8 game that deserves to be played, not your generic 8 you this gen cause the linear FPS follows paint by numbers for success but nothing more.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Honestly, all the reviews calling out the controls and camera have completely turned me off the game. I can't stand things like that!

8 is a pretty good score. It is a bit disturbing the lowest part of the score is the gameplay (the most important part to a game). To be honest a lot of time  sites complain about the controls and really there is no problem at all with them. The most recent was DKCR. Still from other things i have heard im still getting it. They say 15hours at the low end to finish it. I heard 26hrs I think it was yesterday on here somewhere. Should be a good game.

It's a good score, but it seems like the actual art design, concept and story are far better than the actual game.

I just watched the first 40 minutes of the intro and the cartoon sections are really good and well made, but then the game starts and it all becomes a bummer. 

If anyone's interested http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-disney-epic-mickey/17-3536/

The Giant Bomb guys do a little bit of commentary in the background, but I enjoy their perspective on games.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

MaxwellGT2000 said:
dany612 said:

Thats pretty sad to be honest, cause it's an 8 game but its kinda like so was the games that inspired it, mainly those SNES and Gen platformers, they were great, but honestly this game is an 8 because of the gameplay but on the other hand its an experience you don't get in other games, and for me personally it makes it an 8 game that deserves to be played, not your generic 8 you this gen cause the linear FPS follows paint by numbers for success but nothing more.

Well that's not the only reason why. Based on game play footage, the game play mechanics look incoherent as in Mickey moves weird. His jumps look repulsive. Well idk, maybe it's because I'm used to the platform styles of Mario and DK.