By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

I beat the game the other day, fantastic way to end the game, now traveling the east side of Unova, though it's a little challenging since every trainers pokemon went to the 60's(my team is currently in their 50's with the exception of my Emboar)

surprisingly my team if fairing well even though they about 6-10 lower than their foes, I think that pokerus is giving them the edge, going to bring my ditto over, make some eggs and send them over to my pokemon black!

I'm currently hatching four eggs, since I sent my SoulSilver Ditto to White. 

Two of them are to give Egg moves to Hydreigon (Dark Pulse) and Salamence (Dragon Pulse), one is to create a Beldum from scratch (since I only had the level 31 on from SoulSilver that Steve gives as a trade) and the other is to create Phione.

Thankfully, Larvesta's Flame Body makes things a lot faster.

Edit - Also, kudos to Game Freak for finally creating a pretty amazing egg hatching area, the Skyarrow Bridge XD.

yeah I brought 3 slugma's with flame body over, eggs hatced hella fast, also eggs comes quick I got three tegpig eggs in like 5 minutes. I don't like the transfer system/game.(maybe it's because I suck ass! lol)

also found out my Zeckrom has a docile nature....awww man....(though it dose have a SP. ATK. characteristic)

Does the Flame Body effect stack with several pokemon? I thought it would only work once. I'm actually quite fond of the Poke Transfer, to me it's relatively simple. You just aim at the heads poking outside the bushes, they'll jump out and then just catch them while they slowly jump from bush to bush.

You're having a Sp.Atk increase with a Docile nature? 

I had a bit of bad luck (and some distraction) when I breed my Gible. Even though it has Outrage from the get go, it also has a Timid nature (Speed Up, Attack down) and it's a male, so I can't breed it for another Outrage Gible with a better nature. That's why I'm trying to get as many Attack EV's as possible in him

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Whew! I'm back (for now).

Just found the six sages, got the fighting trio, snagged me a Tornadus, and got Kyruem too.

Every single TM and HM are mine (except Subsitute, I'll hafta wait 'til Winter in Twist Mountain).

And now I'm transfering all of my Pokemon from Diamond and SoulSilver to Black.

Good times folks, good times.

Smeags said:

Whew! I'm back (for now).

Just found the six sages, got the fighting trio, snagged me a Tornadus, and got Kyruem too.

Every single TM and HM are mine (except Subsitute, I'll hafta wait 'til Winter in Twist Mountain).

And now I'm transfering all of my Pokemon from Diamond and SoulSilver to Black.

Good times folks, good times.

You can fast forward the time on your DS to activate Winter. 

You moved fast in the game

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

I do my best.

Right now I'm actually going to get my Dark team prepared. Hopefully I can start planning the VGC Pokemon League pretty soon. I mean, we already have our Dragon Master.

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

I do my best.

Right now I'm actually going to get my Dark team prepared. Hopefully I can start planning the VGC Pokemon League pretty soon. I mean, we already have our Dragon Master.

What are you planning to use for your Dark team? I can breed you a Dark Pulse Deino if you want to give the move to Zoroark.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

What are you planning to use for your Dark team? I can breed you a Dark Pulse Deino if you want to give the move to Zoroark.

Not sure yet, but Hydregion and Zoroark are definitely going in.

Speaking of which, during the final battle with N, I really didn't have a problem with him. It was actually Gthesis' Hydregion that completely rocked my world.

But if I need some help, you'll be the first one I contact. ^_~

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

Not sure yet, but Hydregion and Zoroark are definitely going in.

Speaking of which, during the final battle with N, I really didn't have a problem with him. It was actually Gthesis' Hydregion that completely rocked my world.

But if I need some help, you'll be the first one I contact. ^_~

Same here. N was pretty easy on both games, given that most of his team was weak against Rock, so some good Stone Edge and Rock Slide moves were enough to take them out.

Ghetsis on the other hand. Damn Cofragious with his Toxic Protect combo and Hydreigon's Dragon Pulse being a total overkill. My team was on level 49 when I fought him on White and I was like "I'm getting destroyed left to right here >_<". Thankfully Sawk managed to survive a Dragon Pulse and a critical Karate Chop later, Hydreigon was gone xD.

Current PC Build

:/. Do you guys get everything in the game overnight or something? I finished it on Sunday and have barely touched it since. I'm probably gonna start White before I do anything else in Black now.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

:/. Do you guys get everything in the game overnight or something? I finished it on Sunday and have barely touched it since. I'm probably gonna start White before I do anything else in Black now.

I usually play it after I come back from collegue or during the breaks I get while doing preps for experiments, which can be quite long. 

I haven't gone further than the main game on White as well, since I'm currently training four dragons from level 1.

Current PC Build

Someone on Game Freak must have screwed up while creating the moveset for Palkia. He learns Aqua Tail twice at different levels XD.

Current PC Build