By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews Gran Turismo 5

Closing Comments
Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game – it’s driving is as exhilarating as anything that’s gone before, and its slavish obsession with the minutiae of many of its cars ensure it's an encyclopaedia of automotive delights. Its brilliance on the track, however is matched by its sloppiness off of it, and there’s a lack of polish that would at one time have seemed sacrilegious to the series. Ultimately its driving wins out to ensure that it’s still a great game, but it leaves that nagging doubt; this could have been a masterpiece were it not for the fact that Polyphony was so absorbed with the detail that it took its eye off the ball.
RatingDescription
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
7.0 Presentation
A cumbersome front-end and minimal, overlong loading screens hinder it, as do a series of other strange design choices.
9.0 Graphics
It's moments of sheer beauty ultimately outweigh the uglier ones, though sadly they don't quite outnumber them.
8.0 Sound
The visuals aren't met by the audio, and the engine notes lack grunt. The less said about the soundtrack the better.
9.0 Gameplay
For all its missteps in the single player mode it's still an unrivalled driving experience - and that's where it really counts.
OVERALL
Great
(out of 10)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136103p1.html

Around the Network

Wow... not expected! Im still getting the game though :P

~locked~

Sorry Mirson I know you beat Darth by a minute in posting but he beat you in replies and how clean he made his OP, guess that extra minute served him well

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000