By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Spyware popup when visiting vgchartz

This is a bit odd. Past few days when I loaded up vgchartz.com I get a "You have spyware on your computer download this" type of popup. At first I thought I had spyware on my computer, which I doubted because I'm only one that uses my computer and a sys admin by profession. Regardless, I ran 3 different spyware scans which found nothing. And I've noticed that the only time it comes up is when I first vgchartz for the first time in a day.

Anyone else having this problem?

Around the Network

those ads will say u have q246287468462846 spywares, 238452845251845825 viruses and 1234521785421534256 trojians...even if u have only just vought your computer...they are trying to rip u off...

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

I have had that happen too.

It occurs when I am using my work laptop ... which only uses a Symantec protection schema.

Anyways, it appears to be nothing more than a really annoying pop-up add. For if you hit BACK a couple of times, it disappears. Still a P-i-t-A though.

Mike from Morgantown.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think I know what you are talking about.

I get this protection-virus thing, that says its going to check my computer to see if I have any viruses. And I declined the ad.

xomaniac said:
those ads will say u have q246287468462846 spywares, 238452845251845825 viruses and 1234521785421534256 trojians...even if u have only just vought your computer...they are trying to rip u off...

Yes, I'm familiar with what spyware is and how it operates. My concern is why is it showing up only when i go to vgchartz? I dare say, is it a form of advertising which vgchartz uses?

Around the Network

Maybe those ads know something -- I just found something on my computer during its weekly scan.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

it would be nice if vgc didnt have those annoying popups.. especially when they minimize the window i'm looking at. its almost enough to stop viewing the site... but vgc is the only site with the info i want.