By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Tales named Tales of Xillia

Tales could have been a successful jRPG series in the West if they followed through with their marketing after Tales of Symphonia did really well.  It's really all Namco's fault for their incompetence.  I wouldn't be surprised if Vesperia was only localized because MS made it as part of their agreement with Namco at the time that they had to do parallel localization.

Even if you have to rent or borrow an Xbox 360, I would for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey.  Those are two of 4 games (In my opinion only) that are worth playing on the console for those with more PS3-ized tastes in gaming.

If they really want to be cheap, they should just translate the text and leave the JP voice acting.  That can't be too hard to do and many would probably prefer that.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
A203D said:
g-value said:

This, Tales of Graces, Xenoblade & The Last Story NEED to come over. I've been yearning for a good next gen jrpg.

Imo i would like to see Xenoblade and the Last Story as well, but i dont think they can come tbh, i think they would remain exclusive to the wii because i think nintendo has got exclusivity rights because they're publishing and because they're putting up some of the manpower to get these projects developed.

I think when he said come over, he was talking about coming over to the West (Americas/Europe). ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

dsister said:
poroporo said:
dsister said:
VivaLaWiida said:

Westen media should actually boycott every news that concerns the "Tales of" - series until stupid Namco Bandai releases a few titles in NA/Europe. I know that a boycott would make the situation for us JRPG hungy people even worse, but I don't know where to put my anger. ;(

Hmm? I've played a couple "Tales of" games this gen with no problem ^_^ You just have the wrong system buddy...

But then if I'd want to play in 480i resolution on a 10-year old tv, I'd dust off my ps2.

Still have the option for one other system then ;)

Yeah for a total of one beta version of Tales of ... game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:

Yeah for a total of one beta version of Tales of ... game.

Hehe, 98% of a game is better then 100% in a language not understood by most ;)

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
VivaLaWiida said:

Westen media should actually boycott every news that concerns the "Tales of" - series until stupid Namco Bandai releases a few titles in NA/Europe. I know that a boycott would make the situation for us JRPG hungy people even worse, but I don't know where to put my anger. ;(

Hmm? I've played a couple "Tales of" games this gen with no problem ^_^ You just have the wrong system buddy...

I'm sorry, but buying another system just for a couple of JRPGs is madness in my opinion.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network
VivaLaWiida said:

I'm sorry, but buying another system just for a couple of JRPGs is madness in my opinion.

I built a $600(plus) PC to play Viva Pinata. Buying a $200 Wii to play a handful of RPGs doesn't sound that crazy... or at least to me :P

I think this Game never will arrive in US or EU so i did not care for it.

dsister said:
VivaLaWiida said:

I built a $600(plus) PC to play Viva Pinata. Buying a $200 Wii to play a handful of RPGs doesn't sound that crazy... or at least to me :P

Well games have a different priority in our lives then. ;)

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Feels like forever since a new Tales game actually got localized so I'm not holding my breath on this one.  Will still keep an eye on it though as I'm curious to see the art style they're talking about.

VivaLaWiida said:

Well games have a different priority in our lives then. ;)

But but... I bought a $6 copy of Amazon and it wouldn't run on my old laptop. What was I supposed to do? ;_;