By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia -Round 23-

So we throw someone under the bus and just hope they're scum? 

Vote:  GodOfWar_3ever

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Vetteman94 said:

I dont think he needs to frame you to make you sound scummy,  you are doing a pretty good job yourself.

Why thank you  

hahahahaha. This reminds me of a game I played in but I can't figure out which one it was. Essentially a scum sold themselves out on day one with one of the first posts in the game.

vote GodOfWar_3ever

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'd rather wait a bit. Look for someone that will be disruptive or that will lurk. 

(last time you were so agreeable with me you ended up scum >.>)

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Cats are the best!! dogs SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

-

nordlead said:

hahahahaha. This reminds me of a game I played in but I can't figure out which one it was. Essentially a scum sold themselves out on day one with one of the first posts in the game.

vote GodOfWar_3ever

That would be the zombie game with my only partner admitting to being scum in the first post -__-

Around the Network
dsister said:
nordlead said:

vote GodOfWar_3ever

That would be the zombie game with my only partner admitting to being scum in the first post -__-

that would explain why I couldn't find it. I thought it was a bigger game.

For those who didn't see that, read the first reply and remember that zombies are good

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104520&page=1

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

that would explain why I couldn't find it. I thought it was a bigger game.

For those who didn't see that, read the first reply and remember that zombies are good

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104520&page=1

That was still a funny night. The way WoW worded our PMs it made it seem like we were siblings instead of mafia... xD

I was talking to Mario on AIM at that point and we both had a great laugh xD xD 

theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:

This is absolutely incorrect, Scum do not want no day kills,  they want mislynches.  They want as many kills to thin out the numbers of the town as possible.   And randomly voting for someone on the first day is a quick way of helping them with that.  

Not entirely true.

Scum want mislynches, but they also don't want to be associated with a mislynch.

Random voting on the first day doesn't guarantee a lynch without mafia truly helping out, because frankly, anyone that gets lynched due to random voting doesn't deserve to be playing. Bandwagons are needed for that, not random votes.

I dont recall many people being lynched because they were associated with a mislynch.   Its a threat that is constantly thrown out there but never acted upon. 

And you cant always blame the player getting lynched because the town was misinformed or refused to listen to him.  Thats just a cop out to make the players who forced the mislynch to make them feel good about themselves, and it's utter BS.   It some cases yeah, the player should have done more to stop it from happening, but most cases its the other way. 

I'm not making either of those points.

I'm saying that mislynches don't just happen based on random voting. There needs to be a push. Mafia will seldom push for a (mis)lynch because they don't want to be affiliated with that action. Sure, nobody really gets lynched from reference to a mislynch, but it does provide evidence toward a future lynch. A townie cannot be lynched randomly..it can only come from wagoning. So random votes have no relevance to scumminess. Bandwagoning is a far more accurate tell.

To address your other question:

Say there are 13 townies and 4 mafia.

If we were to mislynch every single day, and follow it with a night kill every day, then in on day 5 we would have to get one mafia lynched to stay in the game. If there were 12 townies, we would need to lynch one mafia by day 4, and if there were 14 townies, we would still need a mafia lynch by day 5.

To show it in a data plot:

12 townies, 4 mafia:  mafia wins by night 4 (from kill)
13 townies, 4 mafia: mafia wins by night 5 (from lynch)
14 townies, 4 mafia: mafia wins by night 5 (from kill)

Conversely, if we don't lynch anyone on first day:

12 townies, 4 mafia: mafia wins by day 5 (from lynch)
13 townies, 4 mafia: mafia wins by night 5 (from kill)
14 townies, 4 mafia: mafia wins by day 6 (from lynch)

So you see, by comparing day 1 lynch, and day 1 no lynch for 13 townies, game ends at the same time irregardless.

But scum arent the only people who bandwagon vote. A pro-town person may just tack on another vote for someone just because there isnt any other good suspects and what little evidence is had points in that direction. It happens in games like this all the time due to the limitation of roles that provide information to the town. 

As for your chart, you are also assuming there is no SK, and for a game this size I would bet on it, which means on some nights we may have 2 kills.  And that completely throws off the chart. cause if we have 2 kills on the first night,  the town loses a half a day under those same circumstances.  And thats only if he kills on the first night and no other night.  

Also irregardless is not a word,  its just regardless

Final-Fan said:

So we throw someone under the bus and just hope they're scum? 

Vote:  GodOfWar_3ever

That's actually not what you do.

Since I'd consider bandwagoning more accurate a tell than a random shot in the dark....

vote final-fan

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Vetteman94 said:

This is absolutely incorrect, Scum do not want no day kills,  they want mislynches.  They want as many kills to thin out the numbers of the town as possible.   And randomly voting for someone on the first day is a quick way of helping them with that.  

It won't be of much use without the town following the mislynch. Random voting doesn't help if the town aren't lured into bandwagoning. 

But hey, you're the dude who doesn't wanna lynch people on day 2, let alone 1.

Vetteman94 said:

I dont think he needs to frame you to make you sound scummy,  you are doing a pretty good job yourself.

Why thank you   

WTH,  I dont always want a no lynch on day 2,  I am up for a no lynch whenever it makes sense and gives the town an edge.  And in most cases on the first day, it does.