By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Sorry about my last post.  I've been looking for an excuse to use that picture, and the Burma Shave thing was a segue to make it relevant to the situation. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Well I can't say I'm shocked. The whole thing felt a lot like prof's gambit last round. This would give me a pro-town read of you like I had of him then, except you have a lot of logical fallacies.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

To put it simply, wonk says the mafia wouldn't come forward claiming to be cop because I could be any ordinary townie lying to get the scum come forward...that was exactly what I was doing...

I don't know about you, but the tone of his post makes it sound like he is mafia, thinking I could be ordinary townie lying, and bluffing to get the scum to come foward.

I don't think you understood Wonk's post. He was calling you scum, not a lying townie. He read your bluff exactly and thinks it is something scum might try to look pro-town. I'll break that down into steps. 1) He recognized that your bluff would be suicide for any scum that tried to claim otherwise. I did as well for that matter, and I'm sure many others would agree. 2) It's a sure bet that someone on the scumteam would realize that also and so you have a bluff that only a team of idiots would fall for. 3) Knowing that it would be a bluff that would lead nowhere, you could've put it out there as scum to appear pro-town.

I don't really have an opinion on Wonk one way or the other at the moment. He might be scum, but the post you're referring to is not a slip up in the way you say it is.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3769786 - Same numbers

1) There were 4 votes on Kantor at the time you switched to him(from FF). Hardly a consensus

2) It's already been said, but there was plenty to go on from day one and you bluffed extremely early on.

3) You should be sorry.

4) Everything else aside, I hope the flooding goes down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3769907 - Same numbers again

1) This I agree could be a slip up. I don't want to out Truck, but it's already in print so it could use an explanation.

2) If I had lied it was actually in hopes that you would have dismissed me as lying because you knew I didn't visit prof, In other words I was hoping I could personally confirm your story. If instead you called me on it and then admitted to lying, well that's exactly what I would have been doing in regards to you.

3) I said it before you came back from school, but you caused a major distraction for the 24 hours. Sure we could've done our own thing in that time, but a promise of good info gets a lot of attention. Almost everyone has been focused on if what you said was true, and if so what news would it bring. Yeah we have 48 hours left, the latter half of which is on a pretty big holiday for those of us in the United States.

4) nordlead says it perfectly.

Also, why did you come up with a watcher that can only watch every other day? What was your reasoning behind weakening the role?

I'd be voting for you now, but it seems there's been a few votes on you while I was typing this up. So I'm going to get votals first. I think you should be hung today, but I believe there's a few folks that haven't said anything since the start of day two and I'd really like to see some activity.

Linkzmax said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3769907 - Same numbers again

1) This I agree could be a slip up. I don't want to out Truck, but it's already in print so it could use an explanation.

4) nordlead says it perfectly.

Some clarifications:

1) Once again, I'm not the cop, I was merely pointing out one of the horrible consequences his stupid "gamble" could have had.

4) That was me, not nordlead.

Signature goes here!

GodOfWar_3ever said:

He didn't read my bluff perfectly. If he did, he wouldn't FoS me... he tried to prove my roleclaim as a lie by saying that any townie can do what I did, and the mafia wouldn't come forward because they'd know that they have been tricked and they would probably be the only ones who targeted the victim given the odds...

I think that translates to "I'm the guy who killed prof and won't come forward because you are trying to trick me into getting lynched" in the "I'm hypothetically saying what the mafia would do if they killed someone and a townie is asking them to come forward without naming them although in reality, I am the one who killed him" language.

I was right about stefl in the dragon ball round...I'm pretty sure I'm right about this one too.

Seriously, he explains what the real mafia would do and might think if they were in the situation that I caused them to be in....that kind of thing comes from the back of your mind when you're trying to fabricate lies and frame a townie.... or even respond to a general question asked by the town.

Stefl explaining his character, cell, when some DBZ noob asked to is just one instance in many I've seen happen in VGC mafia...I can probably dig up more...but I think my point is good enough to get wonktonodi lynched.

Your DBZ point is interesting.

But it remains a gut feeling. This warrants a FoS, definitely not a lynch train.

Yes there may be examples of this in the past, but there may also be examples of the contrary. Heck last round I and other townies thought proff was making a plan to reveal townies.... which incidentaly revealed you. Yet that was not his aim and he was a townie.

what this looks like is you trying to throw someone to the lynch train in order to save yourself, it's not confidence inspiring. :-/

(sorry i'm writting in bits at work)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Linkzmax said:
Also, why did you come up with a watcher that can only watch every other day? What was your reasoning behind weakening the role?

I'd be voting for you now, but it seems there's been a few votes on you while I was typing this up. So I'm going to get votals first. I think you should be hung today, but I believe there's a few folks that haven't said anything since the start of day two and I'd really like to see some activity.

This supports the "GoW is scum" theory IMO.  There would be NO reason for him to make that up if as he says he always meant to reveal the lie today.  However, if he originally planned to draw out the charade for multiple days then it would be a perfect excuse to not come up with more information tomorrow. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

Alright, I'll be logging off until Saturday at the earliest, and I'll be spending most of that day organizing Secret Santa (Wii and PC.  Everyone here's totally going to join, right?  Right?).  So while we wait for enough folks to log on and give GOW what he has coming to him, I have a question.

Multiple people said they were not surprised that prof would draw up to three people at night, or that prof was the logical person to draw night actions.  What makes them say that?

Yeah...I totally get you guys wanting to lynch me. Go ahead, I deserve it. But don't you bitch about a mislynch, OK ?

You still have 48 hours to do something productive. And I still suspect final-fan.

If you insist on lynching me, I'd ask to be mod killed so you guys can lynch someone else today. Sorry for my insolence...

If you guys really wanna lynch me, just say so, so I can ask to be modkilled formally...

Man, I fucked up badly

TruckOSaurus said:
Linkzmax said:
This I agree could be a slip up. I don't want to out Truck, but it's already in print so it could use an explanation.

Once again, I'm not the cop, I was merely pointing out one of the horrible consequences his stupid "gamble" could have had.

I think what he's looking for is not a repetition of "I am not the cop" but an explanation of why you stuck "I" in there if you aren't. 

"If the cop happened to really have investigated prof I might have come forward and you would have led a lynch on him!"

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Yeah...I totally get you guys wanting to lynch me. Go ahead, I deserve it. But don't you bitch about a mislynch, OK ?

You still have 48 hours to do something productive. And I still suspect final-fan.

If you insist on lynching me, I'd ask to be mod killed so you guys can lynch someone else today. Sorry for my insolence...

If you guys really wanna lynch me, just say so, so I can ask to be modkilled formally...
Man, I fucked up badly

Well, I don't think the odds are good on that modkill. 
But there was one time I didn't go along with a last-day double lynch because "there was 0% chance the mod would go for it".
And then when the game ended the mod said, "I would have done it." 
So go ahead and try. 

Now, for other suspects ... hmm.  Who hasn't said anything today?  I don't recall seeing: 
Homer,
dsister,
stefl, and
Vetteman. 
Although I might be forgetting if they had one or two posts early in the day. 

When something like this is going down, a lot of mafia like to lurk. 

And since Homer was already a suspect yesterday,
FoS Homer

TruckOSaurus said:

Some clarifications:

1) Once again, I'm not the cop, I was merely pointing out one of the horrible consequences his stupid "gamble" could have had.

4) That was me, not nordlead.

I can see that, but I didn't understand why you originally used "I" although I'll leave it alone. Sorry, I meant "I don't know you are a townie. All I know is you are a liar." I should've just quoted it.

Votals:
[6] GodOfWar_3ever: (Final-Fan), Hephaestos, nordlead, TruckOSaurus, dtewi, noname2200, Final-Fan
[1] Wonktonodi: GodOfWar_3ever
[0] Homer_Simpson: (TruckOSaurus), (dtewi)
[0] Final-Fan: (GodOfWar_3ever)
[0] radishhead: (nordlead)
[0] MetalGear_94: (noname2200)

[8] No Vote: dsister, Homer_Simpson, Linkzmax, MetalGear_94, radishhead, Stefl1504, Vetteman94, Wonktonodi
With 15 alive wtf(hatmoza does) knows how many it takes to lynch.

Whether it's a normal (absolute) majority or a plurality then I'd be putting GOW at L-1 with my vote. If there's some wackyness going on affecting vote counts then I have no idea where I'd put him, but for now I'm going to hold back. Additionally, if he's asking for a modkill I'd like to see what Hat says.

Here's the folks I was just talking about liking to see some activity from:
dsister hasn't said anything noteworthy since the 19th.
Homer's been pretty quiet. Only defending his day one actions and no comments about GOW's bluff.
MG as already pointed out. Did comment on the GOW situation though.
radish has been all one-liners lately. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3769391 seems to be about MG, but it could be a cover for himself if someone thinks he's lurking. Not really saying he's inactive, just not saying a whole lot either.

FF, stefl and Vette have said a bit, but you are your own judge of how much exactly has been said.