By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
Homer_Simpson said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I approve nordlead's above post about the size of the posts.

Now on to business:

Vote: Homer_Simpson

Apart from using weak reasons to justify his votes yesterday. The way I see his actions is that when he saw theprof pushing for Kantor's lynch he thought that Kantor was a more valuable mislynch and since the town had bandwagonned on radish it could happen for Kantor too (and it did just a bit later).

When he later changed his vote to radishead, he backed it up by saying that if radish turns up town then dtewi and Final-Fan have to be scum. I'm guessing his reasoning was that the Kantor lynch wasn't moving along too well so he settled for radish and tried to set the board for another mislynch of dtewi or Final-Fan the next day.

yes, my reasons were so weak, im assuming thats why my top suspect Kantor was lynched? granted I was wrong about him, but my reasons were sound enough, or others wouldnt have voted him and got him lynched now would they? 

1) Those weren't your reasons, they were the reasons of others that you used for yourself when your weak reason was challenged. Now, there's always the possibility that I missed a post you made before your vote for Kantor about your suspicions, if you link me to such a post I'll remove my vote on you (or at least think about it).

I restated my reasons several times...and made a huge ass post explaining them...and they werent oher reasons, they were very similar if not the same...

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

So you don't like the fact that I can reveal one of the scumbags before I die ? We have to know who it is by the end of the game anyway.....

I'm gonna reveal the 2 people tomorrow...if, by that time, no one has explained themselves, it'd only make it harder for the town...so I want the power role to do the right thing...he'll have the doc's protection anyway.

NO! NO! NO! The power role (who most likely is the cop) MUST remain hidden. You do realize that if the other role comes forward then you're left exposed. Also, assuming you're telling the truth (which I'm less sure of by the minute) why didn't you try to push for the lynch of the person you say you think is Mafia using his in-game behavior as arguments instead of just blurting out your role like that?

With a living doctor, and GoW being such a weak role, it's not unreasonable to do it this way. 
(On the one hand, trying to get the mafia lynched without exposing himself would have been way better; on the other hand, even though he's personally sure which one of the two is mafia, in actuality there may be much more doubt in which case the plan he went with has more merit.) 

Look at it this way:  it would be worth it for the cop to come out if he had a guilty investigation.  GoW is kind of doing it remotely. 

@ GoW:  If I thought there was any danger of you getting lynched, I'd unvote you ... but I just don't feel like unvoting you   Go ahead with your plan. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

nordlead said:
Final-Fan said:
Although if GoW really is a half-watcher this may not be all that vanilla, damn you hatmoza.  

I think it is fairly obvious that this is a "themeless" game, but not a vanilla game. In the OP it says.

Written on those letters in pink glitter is one of the following: Town, Mafia, or [Insert role]. I know you're confused but this http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles newspaper by your feet that your neighbor's dog pooped on this morning should help clear things up...

Obviously it isn't power role crazy either as we've got two "town", which I'm assuming is townie or vanilla townie as in no role. I thought it was obvious from the OP but people were missusing the term "Vanilla" which I believe refers to mafia/cop/doctor/townie only.

However, I've looked through the roles page and the only "half watcher" I can come up with is the reporter who is actually a 100% watcher and a half hider. So, maybe hatmoza didn't even follow what it says in the OP or I'm blind

By half watcher I meant he gets to watch only every other night, which is a standard way of nerfing a role. 

I didn't think [insert role here] meant there would be that many roles; in fact I thought it was entirely possible there was only ONE role he didn't want to prematurely reveal, or even possibly no other role and he was just keeping people on their toes. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Final-Fan said:
3.  And seriously what are the odds THREE people targeted him in VANILLA mafia, especially when we know the doctor DIDN'T?  I mean yeah he's a juicy target but the town had no lack of those last night.  Although if GoW really is a half-watcher this may not be all that vanilla, damn you hatmoza. 

That's why I haven't unvoted him. 

Your points against me aren't all that great, especially since the 3rd one is bitching about hatmoza....and you've not been yourself throughout the game. And thats why I haven't unvoted you.

The bitching was a tiny part of this point, wholly subsidiary to the point of how unlikely your claim is in terms of all those people targeting theprof00.  But I'm warming up to the idea, and anyway we'll be better able to judge the truth soon enough. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Only 2 people visited him... I didn't imply that FF visited him. I voted for him due to my suspicions on day freaking 1, and what I thought was a complaint about the start the town got into, as the majority of the complainers in the DBZ game were mafia.

With you it's 3

_ First you vote for FF off the bat. If you have proof of someone else, the rational thing to do would have been to FoS or HoS him, not dilute the value of your vote by already casting it on a whim.

In case you haven't noticed, my vote changes all the time based on the situation. As soon as I saw Final fan's complaint, I voted for him...just like that.

Vote swings are confusing to the town and weaken your later votes, this is why we have FoS and HoS.

_ Second there was the discution on your agressivity yesterday, this is a vanilla game, a Watcher (not even a tracker, but a watcher) is not a given at all, which means there is a high possibility that you're using the "as in the other games I was very agresive first day cause I had a powerole" card to hide yourself.

A watcher is a fairly common role. I see nothing wrong here. However, my powers aren't all that great since I can only "watch" every other day, and I believe I got really lucky here. Its highly unlikely that I would target the person who gets targeted by the mafiosi.

A plain vanilla game is town mafia cop doc... that's it. So far all we had to go on is Hat saying he wanted to make this as vanilla as possible, does it include roles? only a few know.

Which brings me to your next point breaker -

_ Third, what retarded townie powerole decides that 1 mafiosi is worth 2 town power roles? Yeah cause as you pointed out, no mafia would have sent 2 persons and even if they did, you gave a townie power role cover to the other. So what now?

I'm willing to take the hit tonight for the other power role. My powers aren't all that great, but his power is probably more orthodox and much more useful.

Its why I didn't jump the gun and announce the 2 names already.

why would you even reveal more... at least there is some rational in your not announcing the 2 names...but it just defeat the purpose of talking in the first place. Basically if you are indeed a watcher, you jumped with both feets in the puddle without realizing that it was actually a whell.

answers in bold

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

arf page is long... i'll read before posting more.

And I have totally been myself

read....

I don't that this idea is getting support.

Final-Fan said:

And I have totally been myself

no, you didn't ask for doc's protection night one (though you didn't last game either... oh wait... you were the mod...).

GOW, why did you choose to watch prof?