By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
radishhead said:
Stefl1504 said:

Actually Radish survived pretty long in the FF - Themed game...

Also I don't like how Radish gets bandwagoned... I want that you please leave him at L-2 until we have gotten a little more information.

Sometimes just I feel like everyone hates me :(

I'm happy that there is someone with sense here - I haven't done anything yet which is worth a lynch. All those trying to lynch me now will look like fools if it goes ahead

People don't hate you but here's a little piece of advice: don't exagerate, don't embellish just say the plain truth then nodoby will have any reasons to suspect you.

I can't help it :( I enjoy Mafia too much to just type things simply. Where's the fun if everyone can instantly see the point that you're trying to make without thinking a little about it first. It's like analysing a classic book - time consuming, but worthwhile.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
TruckOSaurus said:

People don't hate you but here's a little piece of advice: don't exagerate, don't embellish just say the plain truth then nodoby will have any reasons to suspect you.

I can't help it :( I enjoy Mafia too much to just type things simply. Where's the fun if everyone can instantly see the point that you're trying to make without thinking a little about it first. It's like analysing a classic book - time consuming, but worthwhile.

Being cryptic isn't the best way of helping the town find scum is it?

Signature goes here!

dtewi said:
radishhead said:
Stefl1504 said:

Also I don't like how Radish gets bandwagoned... I want that you please leave him at L-2 until we have gotten a little more information.

I'm happy that there is someone with sense here - I haven't done anything yet which is worth a lynch. All those trying to lynch me now will look like fools if it goes ahead.

You could just, you know, stop playing poorly. Then maybe you'd stop getting lynched.

Also: FoS prof

Your defense of radishhead is flimsy at best and defensive at worst. "He usually reveals his role!" I put that defense below you prof...

Couple this with your want of a lynch yet your hesitation of radishhead-lynching (didn't you say a lynch, whether it be wrong or right, wouldn't be detrimental?) makes me suspect you.

I can totally see how that would look suspicious.

Know that it's not that I'm defending radish, but that I know that if he's mafia he will most likely give it away later. Plus, he's been very cooperative with questioning although some of his statements have been inconsistent. I just don't really see him as mafia at this point.

More to the point, I don't want to lynch radish because I want to lynch kantor. I know it's pretty selfish of me to pursue my own goals instead of the blatant one in front of me. But I really don't see radish as blatant. He's been answering questions, unlike Kantor, who has been avoiding almost everything that's been said. He must be following the thread, because he's voting for radish.

The thing is, I was wondering why no one was helping me pressure kantor (simply to get dialogue out of a lurker) and then noname made a list of about 5-6 things that make kantor seem shady, and he hasn't bothered to answer any of those things.

Also, yesterday he showed up to say he was reading the thread and I asked him an hour later if he was done yet. Another half hour later I FoS him and he immediately quotes my earlier question, complaining of having trouble keeping up. Yet, to get to that post, he had to run through all the radish diatribe and yet avoided any comment about it until this morning when he put a vote which is supported by a reason that I don't think anyone shares motivation with. His reasoning was "refusal to lynch on day 1". I don't think that is suspicious. I don't think anyone does. But Kantor does.

On top of that, he's complaining about the statistics tables for day 1 mislynch, and questions my desire to lynch lurkers. He said "you still on about lurkers?" Last game every mafia was lurking, despite any reasoning for it. I agree that not all lurkers are mafia, but it is often the case that mafia are lurkers.

I really want more out of kantor before this lynch.

please someone unvote radish

radishhead said:
dtewi said:
radishhead said:
Stefl1504 said:

I'm happy that there is someone with sense here - I haven't done anything yet which is worth a lynch. All those trying to lynch me now will look like fools if it goes ahead.

You could just, you know, stop playing poorly. Then maybe you'd stop getting lynched.

Also: FoS prof

Your defense of radishhead is flimsy at best and defensive at worst. "He usually reveals his role!" I put that defense below you prof...

Couple this with your want of a lynch yet your hesitation of radishhead-lynching (didn't you say a lynch, whether it be wrong or right, wouldn't be detrimental?) makes me suspect you.

I play pretty well; people just take my relaxed attitude to mean that I have something to hide, although I don't. I personally believe that my playstyle of ensuring that we have a few facts before lynching is better than your method of killing everything that says something that you don't like.

No, radishhead, actually when two completely separate communities react to your play style by screaming LYNCH then you're doing something wrong. 

As for "I didn't lie I only exaggerated" your exaggeration is to the point that it might as well be a lie.  "I am totally against a first day lynch, as always; well OK I used to lynch first day; well actually it's just that I don't want to lynch someone without a really good reason, and I wildly exaggerate when I say things."

ACTUAL QUOTE TIME!
"Obviously, if the situation changes before the end of the day, I'll vote for someone"
(NOTE:  The italicized quote was not part of the exchange with noname that put the pressure on you.  It shows that you flatly contradict yourself even within this thread.)
"I've never lynched on the first day"
"I've made it clear in all the games that I've played here that I don't lynch on Day 1"
"It's not my fault that I don't like GOW very much :(
     "Ironically, I think the reason that I voted for him was because he was trying to get a 1st day lynch"
(NOTE:  Note that when your words are proven to be wrong, the first thing you say isn't 'haha sorry I was exaggerating' but rather making excuses -- 'that was a one time thing because I hate GOW and he was trying to do a 1st day lynch'.)
"it's just my way of telling people that I've got all bases covered"
(NOTE:  Second example of being proven wrong; more excuses.)
"I've never made a contradiction in a Mafia game before. It's all about how you interpret what I say"
>.<
"It wasn't a lie though, because in all my mafia games I've made it clear that I don't 1st day lynch, but I also make it clear that I will lynch people if the situation changes."
"Maybe you're a Mafia who is intimidated by the careful thinking that I could bring to the game"
(NOTE:  hahaha ahahaNO.  "Careful thought" and "blatant self-contradiction for no reason" are mutually exclusive.) 

NEW:  "I'm annoyed that some people have seen through my disguise - I actually have no preference either way, but  I make it look like I do so that I can't be blamed for a mislynch on the first day."

This is so scummy it's just ... super scummy! 

Seriously radish, you need to learn to not do that and if necessary we'll hang it out of you.  Starting today.  FINISH HIM! 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Too late.  Going by linkz's chart, radish has been hammered.  I'm comfortable with it because at the very least he's played poorly (just refusing to acknowledge his lie is unamusing, and compounding it with "I was the Serial Killer, not the mafia!" is extremely...hmm). 

I'll admit I'm still unsure if he's scum though, and would have preferred a bit more time to ask Kantor some questions.  Ah well, I guess I shouldn't complain that, for once, a day didn't drag on eternally.  I just hope we can keep up a similar pace for the rest of the game, rather than our usual month=day practice.

radishhead said:

My answers are in bold, thanks. :)

It was really difficult for me to go ahead and type the HoS, which is why I put "deep regret" - I guess I should stop being so cryptic. I HoSed you because you wanted someone lynched on the first day - I think we're just victims of clashing opinions, nothing more.

What happened to "Mafia is about preference" ? "Clashing opinions"and all that ?

radishhead said:

Tbh, 20% odds don't sound good to me.

I'm not a gambler, but 20% odds of hitting a Mafia still sound very bad to me. They'll be considerably higher tomorrow, because we'll have more information too. 

I just said its very likely that the chances of hitting mafia is OVER 20%.

Assume there are 4 scum in this 17 player game. The chances of hitting scum in 23.5% on day one.

Assuming there is one death on night one, its 25% on day 2. A rise of 1.5%....considerably higher my ass.

@ Bolded - You are being Cpt. Obvious... Also, this post makes you the first person to vote "no lynch"....before we had much discussion going...not only that, you also wish that others follow you in voting no lynch...Thats a very negative attitude imo.

Other people put votes down before I made that post, so I'm not the first person to make a vote in the Mafia game. Why should a No-Lynch be considered different to a lynch?

lolwut ?

Lynch = Lynch

NO Lynch = The word "No" infront of lynch

Isn't it the exact opposite ?

radishhead said:

Hey, for now all that you can do is trust me. :)

Asking for trust in mafia is like asking a stranger for free money.

What else could I have said? xD I think that it's rude to not reply to someone that's replied to me.

Nothing at all ? Something other than asking someone for their trust ?

radishhead said:
TruckOSaurus said:

For now, I prefer to distrust you until there's some reason to trust you.

Actually, that's fair enough :p

Again, what else could I have said?

Nothing ? :/

radishhead said:
noname2200 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117225&page=1

I've checked ONE of your past games.  Am I misreading the part where you voted to lynch Day One?

It's not my fault that I don't like GOW very much :(

Ironically, I think the reason that I voted for him was because he was trying to get a 1st day lynch. (Not to mention that I was the SK in that game - SKs always want kills).

I'd like to use this opportunity to point out that this is exactly how I've played the past 2 games, so its nothing new. I've been more aggressive on this one though. 

Anyway, you say that you were the SK in that game and that was the reason for the sudden lynch...

You didn't think that I was the SK though - you thought I was Mafia. I could very likely have been a town.

Mafia = anti-town Sk = anti-town. Lot in common. However, that isn't my point...you said that you voted in that game on day one because you were the SK and wanted people dead.

If you think so, why did you feel the need to HoS me about wanting a no lynch ?

For the same reason that people are voting me for wanting a no-lynch.

People are voting for you because of your contradictory posts and overall scummy behaviour. Not because you don't want a day 1 lynch.

A mislynch is effectively two mafia kills, eh ?

Well what if you mislynch on day 2 ?

Isn't that essentially 2 mafia kills too ?

Yeah, pretty much.

So why is a day 1 lynch any different from a day 2 lynch according to you then ?

radishhead said:

Yeah, but I've also said in this game that I'll vote if something changes in the situation.

You have... but you have also said - "I'm not lynching on day one, never !" on this very thread...By saying that, I am nitpicking...but still, you fluctuate between the 2 often.. :/

I'm annoyed that some people have seen through my disguise - I actually have no preference either way, but  I make it look like I do so that I can't be blamed for a mislynch on the first day. I have to give you credit for this.

is this supposed to make us unvote you ? :P

radishhead said:

It wasn't a lie though, because in all my mafia games I've made it clear that I don't 1st day lynch, but I also make it clear that I will lynch people if the situation changes. To be honest, I think those things cancel each other out, and I just make those statements to make it seem like I'm taking a strong opinion, but I'm actually just waffling xD

Or, so you're just doing it for the show ? Isn't that exactly what the mafia do, eh ?

Well, yes - but they only do that because the town do it too. Like how Spy has to act natural to sap the Dispensers. I'm just a typical townie that is fairly easy for the Mafia to act like. That's definitely a flaw in my playstyle.

But it still means that you are faking EVERYTHING you've said in this game. :/

theprof00 said:
please someone unvote radish

I'm sympathetic, but radish just really deserves to die.  I think we have a decent Day 1 under our belts and you can always get back on his nuts tomorrow. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

If radish does flip scum my top suspects are prof and kantor.  If not ... well, whatever. 

No, he's at L-1

please someone remove a vote