By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If you guys need an alternative player... I'm available to replace anyone that can't play !

(and I thought I didn't have time for this game, now I have a load of time!)

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Read the thread....be back in 3 hours.

slow reader ha!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

noname2200 said:

On a game-related note, have we really had four people already pull the "NO U!" defense?  I think Truck's was as facetious as my vote, but the rest seemed genuine...

Also, I want to hear the lurkers' thoughts about the game so far, most notably nordlead, who's been online this whole time but hasn't posted in roughly three hours.

ha, classifying me as a lurker is new. I have this title called "website admin" and I work on this thing called the "game database". I can spend hours there without ever really visiting the rest of the website Not that it really matters. I saw this post earlier but didn't reply because I wanted my other two posts first and then went to BJ's. I'd be happy to oblige with my thoughts.

radishhead - caught in a lie (that he was forced to back out of and then pretend is normal). Either scum or a liar. I'm all for lynching him.

GoW - over aggressive and made a comment that reminded me of a stupid comment that supermario made. I don't classify it on the same level of bad though. Would be a willing target if radishhead hadn't decided he wanted to be lynched instead.

Vet/Prof/table of doom and others - metagame arguments that I'll think are more interesting the following game days. While I'm all for arguing metagame I think taking it to that extreme is to much, but overall don't care. It gets discussion about what is best for the town which is good. I like lynching first day because it provides more information. I've seen too many games where day 2 is day 1 all over again hence the lynch. I don't lynch because it is a "free" lynch or any of that other number crunching stuff though I am well aware of it. If a no lynch happens, fine, whatever, but if there is no real threat of a lynch then there is no reason to discuss anything.

people who bring up so and so was such and such in the last x games showing it is proof that they are such and such in this game - priceless..., uhh, I'd be happy to vote for them too

lurkers (probably kantor, Homer_Simpson, Stefl1504) - if you aren't helping the town, your hurting the town. If nothing else I have no problem lynching lurkers. Lurking is a scum technique too, not to sure how often it gets employed on VGChartz, but not only that it ruins games. So, if you have a role that shouldn't be drawing attention to itself, don't lurk cause that is what you are doing. So far everyone posted at least once in a real day. While some didn't contribute anything useful some posted at the beginning before anything useful could really be said. If the trend continues I'm all for lynching one of them.

Did I miss anything?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I guess radish is indeed a target we could cook up a little more...

I already felt bad considering it since it seems we do it often, but now that noname dug up a thread where they say he dies first all the time... well I don't really want him to feel rejected as a player either. On the other hand, last game I didn't fos kamal on lurking because of his previous game... turns out he was instructed to do so by his comrads, so my pity driven analysis isn't quite tunned yet.

@proff, unfortunately, there isn't much to presure kantor on so far. Engaging in a confrontation with him will probably yield a rather steril debate as I did with gow. Might get you to have a read on him, but you're also waisting your ammo by letting others slack down in the mean time. I'll grant you however that he is currently the lurking force in the game... and going from last game, you're right to be on his tail.

nordlead said:

ha, classifying me as a lurker is new. I have this title called "website admin" and I work on this thing called the "game database". I can spend hours there without ever really visiting the rest of the website Not that it really matters. I saw this post earlier but didn't reply because I wanted my other two posts first and then went to BJ's. I'd be happy to oblige with my thoughts.

radishhead - caught in a lie (that he was forced to back out of and then pretend is normal). Either scum or a liar. I'm all for lynching him.

GoW - over aggressive and made a comment that reminded me of a stupid comment that supermario made. I don't classify it on the same level of bad though. Would be a willing target if radishhead hadn't decided he wanted to be lynched instead.

Vet/Prof/table of doom and others - metagame arguments that I'll think are more interesting the following game days. While I'm all for arguing metagame I think taking it to that extreme is to much, but overall don't care. It gets discussion about what is best for the town which is good. I like lynching first day because it provides more information. I've seen too many games where day 2 is day 1 all over again hence the lynch. I don't lynch because it is a "free" lynch or any of that other number crunching stuff though I am well aware of it. If a no lynch happens, fine, whatever, but if there is no real threat of a lynch then there is no reason to discuss anything.

people who bring up so and so was such and such in the last x games showing it is proof that they are such and such in this game - priceless..., uhh, I'd be happy to vote for them too

lurkers (probably kantor, Homer_Simpson, Stefl1504) - if you aren't helping the town, your hurting the town. If nothing else I have no problem lynching lurkers. Lurking is a scum technique too, not to sure how often it gets employed on VGChartz, but not only that it ruins games. So, if you have a role that shouldn't be drawing attention to itself, don't lurk cause that is what you are doing. So far everyone posted at least once in a real day. While some didn't contribute anything useful some posted at the beginning before anything useful could really be said. If the trend continues I'm all for lynching one of them.

Did I miss anything?

Nope, although I will point out that the crowd around no here doesn't buy the "I have responsibilities" thing.  As I found out firsthand last game... -_-

Around the Network
nordlead said:

well it is priceless, at least on less experienced players, they tend to play very differently depending on their role. on day one it is good info.

Hephaestos said:

I already felt bad considering it since it seems we do it often, but now that noname dug up a thread where they say he dies first all the time... well I don't really want him to feel rejected as a player either. On the other hand, last game I didn't fos kamal on lurking because of his previous game... turns out he was instructed to do so by his comrads, so my pity driven analysis isn't quite tunned yet.

I like to encourage people to have "good" play by lynching those who play "poorly". So, lurkers get lynched. It teaches them not to lurk. Liars get lynched, it teaches them not to lie, and so on. Eventually either they will stop playing, or they will learn to play without getting themselves killed day 1.

Now, I can't recall being lynched day one (waits for dsisters amazing memory to prove me wrong) but I am a popular target for night one kills (again waits for dsister) and if hatmoza is in the game and I die I can gaurentee it was his fault So, I know what it is like to be killed at the beginning of a game, but it is always a risk you take in playing this game. If I get killed I get more videogames in

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Hephaestos said:

I like to encourage people to have "good" play by lynching those who play "poorly". So, lurkers get lynched. It teaches them not to lurk. Liars get lynched, it teaches them not to lie, and so on. Eventually either they will stop playing, or they will learn to play without getting themselves killed day 1.

Now, I can't recall being lynched day one (waits for dsisters amazing memory to prove me wrong) but I am a popular target for night one kills (again waits for dsister) and if hatmoza is in the game and I die I can gaurentee it was his fault So, I know what it is like to be killed at the beginning of a game, but it is always a risk you take in playing this game. If I get killed I get more videogames in

so for the benefit of VGC we should lynch you? =D

yeah i guess we can't really do favors in this game. Adding presure for when he wakes up.

Vote: Radish (i believe this is 3/9)

ok i'm gone for a good 15 hours, make him talk!

/out

I think we've gotten all we can out of radish.

It's very true that he gets lynched quickly. He just has a scum read.

I think we should give him a chance because I've seen his tells (check out the dbz game, not going to comment further on it). I'd really not want to waste a lynch when there are plenty of other people who are acting very cautiously.

Day one, mafia don't care. They rarely participate and try to simply add facts and logic rather than ideas and opinions. They obviously don't want to draw any attention to themselves, and I think we have several candidates that fill that description beside Radish.