By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wonktonodi said:

And what of the senarios where the doctor and cop don't always fail?  If they get taken out sooner than latter it would have an impact on the game.

It's not worth running through every single scenario, wonk. All we have to consider is the worst case.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
radishhead said:
dtewi said:

Unvote

Vote: radishhead

Feigning pro-towniness when he has been discredited about his claims and the fact that lynches would usually occur on day 2 with games starting with night 1.

C'mon, everyone. Vote for Radishhead!

As I said, just my playstyle. A mislynch is effectively two mafia kills :o

Since the probability of a mislynch (such as the one that you're currently plotting) is so great, I prefer to wait until the second day, when we have more evidence.

Actually I don't think a mislynch is the same as a Mafia Kill. First off we get to know who are the people who supported the mislynch and we also get other information, second a mislynch is not controlable for Mafia... there are other things, but I can think of no other right now...

Actually, that's one thing that I can agree on.

If Dtewi's "lynch radishhead" campaign works, please lynch him tomorrow.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

I thought that I was quite experienced at Mafia, but I've never heard that term before - explain, and I'll give you an answer :)

It's not a Mafia term.  It's also somewhat rhetorical.  Although not answering the "lie" part is interesting.

Let's try this instead.  Why did you lie?  What forums do you usually play Mafia on, and what username do you use there?

Well that was a nice piece of insanity. 

radishhead does seem to be contradicting himself pretty badly.  I need to think about this. 

Unvote GOW
FoS radish

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

noname2200 said:
radishhead said:

I thought that I was quite experienced at Mafia, but I've never heard that term before - explain, and I'll give you an answer :)

It's not a Mafia term.  It's also somewhat rhetorical.  Although not answering the "lie" part is interesting.

Let's try this instead.  Why did you lie?  What forums do you usually play Mafia on, and what username do you use there?

Well, the term "hedge and lie" sounds like a single term, and I didn't understand what it meant. 

I play Mafia on here and ONM with the username radish head - not that it matters much, surely? Sometimes on other sites too, just to meet some new people. Also, I don't lie on Mafia games - unless I'm missing something and something that I've said has been misinterpreted as a lie?

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Stefl1504 said:
radishhead said:
dtewi said:

Unvote

Feigning pro-towniness when he has been discredited about his claims and the fact that lynches would usually occur on day 2 with games starting with night 1.

Since the probability of a mislynch (such as the one that you're currently plotting) is so great, I prefer to wait until the second day, when we have more evidence.

Actually I don't think a mislynch is the same as a Mafia Kill. First off we get to know who are the people who supported the mislynch and we also get other information, second a mislynch is not controlable for Mafia... there are other things, but I can think of no other right now...

you do know that's the 101 scum defence right?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Final-Fan said:

Well that was a nice piece of insanity. 

radishhead does seem to be contradicting himself pretty badly.  I need to think about this. 

Unvote GOW
FoS radish

Just show me the contradictions, and I'll explain them - I've never made a contradiction in a Mafia game before. It's all about how you interpret what I say, and it appears that some people may have interpreted wrong. :p

Watch me on YouTube!

Hephaestos said:
radishhead said:
Stefl1504 said:
radishhead said:
dtewi said:

Unvote

I know

But the point still stands.

Watch me on YouTube!

theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

And what of the senarios where the doctor and cop don't always fail?  If they get taken out sooner than latter it would have an impact on the game.

It's not worth running through every single scenario, wonk. All we have to consider is the worst case.

I'm not saying run them all I'm saying run the best case run the worse case and run a few in the middle to see if it makes a difference.  Since the game won't be the worste case senario how valuble is that data alone?  It's much harder to run then with doctors and cops as well.  You'd have some be spreadsheets and changing a few variables can change the outcome.  What if the doctor is suceesful 5% of the time or 25%?  What if the cop finds mafia day 1 or day 2 or day 3?  Then what happens if either of them are killed off day one?   Changing one of those variables slighly can change who wins. 

Hephaestos said:

Of course he knows that, thanks to his strange knowledge of the fact that he fas played exactly 11 games. After playing exactly 11 games, anyone would know that is typical defense.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you