By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

I don't care about all these statistics - I'm not lynching anyone on the first day.

And then what of tomorrow?

Have any ideas?

Hey, if anything rises by tomorrow, then I'll take it into consideration ^-^

I've never lynched on the first day, and I've played 11 mafia games now. I've also never done more than one "no lynch" in a single game. I have a strong belief that a day 1 lynch is always bad for the town.

Your fervor against day 1 lynches has never been properly announced before. We have only your allegation that your 11 games all included your no lynch.

wait, wasn't radish the one that said all his games start at night???!?!?

Yeah, on the other sites they normally do. :p

so, they start on day 2, and you no lynch on day 2?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

So this is my first mafia round and from what I'm seeing there are those trying for a day one lynching and most against it.  Seems that a day one lynch would benifit the mafia more than the town and useing worse case senerios to try and hide that fact seems odd to me.  I could see mafia trying to hide by saying not to lynch the first day but what would get a townsperson to want to lynch someone the first day?  Not too much unless you see things that really make you think someone is mafia.

So what I'm thinking is Theprof00 might be mafia for trying to convince people that it doesn't matter.  Or GodOfWar_3ever is for just trying to get a lynching going.  So if I were to vote it would be for either of those to.

Am I way off in my thinking?

Apparently, you're not off by that much. Everyone thinks the way you do.

Well it's just you used only the worse case senario to show why it doesn't matter it's all the senarios that aren't worse case where that extra person could make a difference.

umh ok.

so yeah that talk is actually pretty indigest when you're reading it for 100 posts and not typing it yourself... so I see Dtewi's point (though I participated on the first page (I have 50 posts a page))

On the subject, as I said earlier, i'm now ok with lynching first day, as in a vanilla game, you don't necessarely have much more info day 2... it basically all will come from the discution.

on Gow, since I brought up the issue: i'm not for voting on him yet. He's scumy, but nothing decisive so far (hence why I HoSed and didn't vote), this may change before the end of the day, but not on his posts so far.

overall though, I believe that enough discussion is going on that we should be able to get some reads at least. If i'm correct, everyone has posted at least once, which is good, no one can claim to be lurking for not knowing now =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

radishhead said:

It's not my fault that I don't like GOW very much :(

Ironically, I think the reason that I voted for him was because he was trying to get a 1st day lynch. (Not to mention that I was the SK in that game - SKs always want kills).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3634466

Second game I've checked.  You were town, but you expressed a willingness to lynch Day One, if warranted.

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

I don't care about all these statistics - I'm not lynching anyone on the first day.

And then what of tomorrow?

Have any ideas?

Hey, if anything rises by tomorrow, then I'll take it into consideration ^-^

I've never lynched on the first day, and I've played 11 mafia games now. I've also never done more than one "no lynch" in a single game. I have a strong belief that a day 1 lynch is always bad for the town.

Your fervor against day 1 lynches has never been properly announced before. We have only your allegation that your 11 games all included your no lynch.

wait, wasn't radish the one that said all his games start at night???!?!?

Yeah, on the other sites they normally do. :p

so, they start on day 2, and you no lynch on day 2?

Huh?

They start on Day 1 - they just start on Night 1, that's all. :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

So this is my first mafia round and from what I'm seeing there are those trying for a day one lynching and most against it.  Seems that a day one lynch would benifit the mafia more than the town and useing worse case senerios to try and hide that fact seems odd to me.  I could see mafia trying to hide by saying not to lynch the first day but what would get a townsperson to want to lynch someone the first day?  Not too much unless you see things that really make you think someone is mafia.

So what I'm thinking is Theprof00 might be mafia for trying to convince people that it doesn't matter.  Or GodOfWar_3ever is for just trying to get a lynching going.  So if I were to vote it would be for either of those to.

Am I way off in my thinking?

Apparently, you're not off by that much. Everyone thinks the way you do.

Well it's just you used only the worse case senario to show why it doesn't matter it's all the senarios that aren't worse case where that extra person could make a difference.

Imagine flipping a coin 12 times and having heads come up every single time. That's about the same chance we have of that one scenario where a day 1 mislynch is detrimental. 

radishhead said:

Huh?

Right, but that's when mafia make their moves, correct?

So really, the town starts on day 2, and you vote no lynch on day 2 right?

Or does town actually do voting on night 1??!?!

noname2200 said:
radishhead said:

It's not my fault that I don't like GOW very much :(

Ironically, I think the reason that I voted for him was because he was trying to get a 1st day lynch. (Not to mention that I was the SK in that game - SKs always want kills).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3634466

Second game I've checked.  You were town, but you expressed a willingness to lynch Day One, if warranted.

I've said that this game too - it's just my way of telling people that I've got all bases covered. I mean - if someone randomly admitted that they were Mafia, I'd vote for them xD

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

kantor, are you done reading yet?

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

Huh?

Right, but that's when mafia make their moves, correct?

So really, the town starts on day 2, and you vote no lynch on day 2 right?

Or does town actually do voting on night 1??!?!

Oh I see

You're right - I normally vote No Lynch on the first day phase, even when the game starts on a night. Why? Because it doesn't matter if the game starts on a night or a day, the most important thing is gathering the information and lynching the right people. It's just my personal belief that you can't gather enough information for a lynch on the first day. Other people play differently to me - Mafia is a game about personality and preference.

Watch me on YouTube!