By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 first current gen console to take top 4 spots in US NPD

I was really surprised to read that the 360 is the first current generation console to take the top 4 spots in a NPD reporting month.  I figured that would have easily happened when the Wii was completely dominating but looking back I guess their best chance might had been if Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Kart, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl had somehow aligned at just the right time.

It'll be interesting to see if the feat is ever repeated again this generation.  In my opinion the Wii doesn't have the necessary third-party support to make it happen and the PS3 simply doesn't have the numbers so if it does it will probably be the 360 again.

Around the Network

Never Under estimate the power of 360

That's news to me.

Yeah, Xbox rules.  It's gonna spank the Wii and PS3.  You're delusional if you don't think so.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Whats Wii Kart? =)

I read that its also the first console this gen to take up 6 of the top 10 spots.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-sells-325000-in-october-fable-iii-sells-580000/

I thought all this time that new vegas was a DLC expansion x_x