By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever get that empty feeling when you finished something you really liked?

Kamal said:

You will surely regret saying that!

Keyword "had"... I went through it.. hence the face at the end of the sentence. I wanted to hang myself during the first 15 or so episodes. Luckily it got at least watchable after that. I did get the empty feeling again at the end of GT though. The end of the last episode was pretty well done. I also watched the movie about Goku's great grandson or w/e. Again... empty feeling at the end. DB has to stop playing with my heart.

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:
Kamal said:

You will surely regret saying that!

Keyword "had"... I went through it.. hence the face at the end of the sentence. I wanted to hang myself during the first 15 or so episodes. Luckily it got at least watchable after that. I did get the empty feeling again at the end of GT though. The end of the last episode was pretty well done. I also watched the movie about Goku's great grandson or w/e. Again... empty feeling at the end. DB has to stop playing with my heart.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/toriyama-returns-to-dragon-ball/

If this is anything to go by, time to rejoice BABY!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/toriyama-returns-to-dragon-ball/

If this is anything to go by, time to rejoice BABY!

Heard about that too. Absolutely stoked!!! My heart is in for another wild ride! Unfortunately I think I'm getting too old for all this. This might be my last DB ride due to poor heart conditions. haha

Yes, so much so that sometimes when I sense the end is nigh, I simply stop reading/playing/watching and go back to the start again so that I can prolong experiencing the ending.

DBGT and MGS4 left me empty after finishing them. I can also say that about FF8 and FF10. 

Around the Network

Yes. I feel it after finishing every chocolate bar.

And yes, i am already in therapy.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

hsrob said:

Yes, so much so that sometimes when I sense the end is nigh, I simply stop reading/playing/watching and go back to the start again so that I can prolong experiencing the ending.

I did that with Neon Genesis, I got up to episode 21, left it for 3 years and then re watched the whole series. It didn't help at all...

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Persona 4 and Tales of Symphonia (GC) are the three games in the late years in which that happened to me violently.

It's bad enough as it is, but when it sends you into a spiral of an on-going search for that 'fix' that lasts 10 years where you totally lose your grip on life as you knew it, then you might need a woman or something.Although that didn't work for me. I constantly keep looking for a new game to play to fill that gap. It feels utterly depressing if I don't.

Do you mean "Holy shit.....its.....over" feeling ?

That has happened to me at the end of MGS4 and God of War III in games, Harry Potter in books, Lord of the Rings in films and Lost on TV shows....

I felt satisfaction in the sheer awesomeness in all of the above...but as soon as you finish them, you get this sinking feeling, knowing that its over, and there will be no more.

I nearly cried at the end of Lost and God of War III...not because the endings were sad or anything (in a way they were sad endings though...), but because you know that the story will not continue...and something you've enjoyed for a very long time has come to an end.

I hate that feeling...but looking back at it, I'm happy that I got to enjoy those games/books/films/TV shows.