By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prince of Persia HD Trilogy coming to the US, but with a catch.

http://kotaku.com/5690372/prince-of-persia-hd-collection-coming-to-north-america-in-pieces

The link above contains a statement from Ubisoft stating that the Prince of Persia HD Collection (Sands of Time, Warrior Within and Two Thrones) will be coming stateside, but it won't be on Bluray. Instead, it will be released on PSN, as three separate games.

Around the Network

Lol this a slap in the face for US really. Any reason why they do this?

Well, considering that the PS3 is region-free, there's nothing stopping the US from just importing it from Europe. It's probably what I will do, as I like having physical copies more than digital.

very smooth ubi

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

There you go Ubisoft, destroy any chance of this selling well right from the start.

Around the Network

LOL, that sucks xD... But I wasn't going to buy this collection anyways because I really didn't like PoP games so much back then... they were just OK.

Digital copies suck, whenever the game you downloaded isn't hosted online anymore, you won't be able to redownload your purchase and you'd lose your game... forever :P And you'd have wasted money.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

The same happened with Pain, Wipeout HD and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty.

Disappointing.

Tbone said:

Lol this a slap in the face for US really. Any reason why they do this?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

well here in europe we get screwed up so many times, like in prices and release dates (not only by sony but by almost everyone in the industry)... its ok for us to have the upper hand sometimes!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Boutros said:

The same happened with Pain, Wipeout HD and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty.

Disappointing.

Pain and Wipeout HD were PSN releases in all regions at the start...but they did get disc version later....Wipeout went Blu-Ray a few months after the Fury expansion released.

Its around 2GB anyway...and its still a fantastic game. No one should pass on it cause its digital.