By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls VS Heavy Rain

So I was in futureshop today and I decided I'd buy a new PS3 game. Pretty much what it came down to was either Demon's Souls or Heavy Rain. I literally debated for about 45 minutes over it and I decided to go with Demon's Souls ( it also is only $29.99 which helped a bit) . Now I haven't opened the game yet so I can still return it but did I make the right choice? Or should I return it and get Heavy Rain? If some of you who have played both games could give some input it would be helpful as I am second guessing my decision.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

I'll say that you've made the right decision. The sheer number of hours that you can get out of Demons' Souls makes it worth that much more. Not to mention that I would call it the superior game of the 2...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

What???

Two fantastic games too different each other... impossible choice one.

Buy both.

Both are excellent games, but two completely different experiences.

As far as getting the most out of your money, Demons Soul's was definitely the right choice. But, I'd strongly suggest picking up Heavy Rain in the future.

You have made the right choice.

Around the Network

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

Both games will offer you unique and great experiences so you didn't make a poor choice by picking Demon's Souls first. Nor would you have had made a poor choice by purchasing HR over DS. But do try out Heavy Rain later when you get the time.

And most importantly, enjoy the game ;D

both are great games but Demon's Souls can offer up to hundreds of hours of game play before you get bored.

You've done good.

I have played both and absolutely loved both, but to be 100% honest with you, you made the right choice.

Demon's Souls has so much more to offer than Heavy Rain does.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

WOW, that is such a hard decision. The only solution to this problem is to buy both because they both are excellent experiences.