By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz! I need your ADVICE on WOMEN!

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Wait

You've been this stressed out over a relationship that couldn't last longer than a month no matter what

My severe lack of experience has led to my general stress, as has the fact that time is working against me

Really should've acted sooner in hindsight, but initially i didn't do anything because i figured it couldn't go anywhere, whereas now that i want something out of it, i grow all the more desperate to make it work in the time presented

What exactly do you want to get out of this?

Just to spend time with her, mostly, and to prove to myself that i can actually do this, though i hesitate to say that as it almost makes it sound like i'm using her as a guinea pig, but primarily the spending-time-with-her part

Though being coworkers, we spend a great deal of time together anyway, but that's not especially quality time (especially since there are 4 other interns beside, hence the e-mail i quoted above).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Wait

You've been this stressed out over a relationship that couldn't last longer than a month no matter what

My severe lack of experience has led to my general stress, as has the fact that time is working against me

Really should've acted sooner in hindsight, but initially i didn't do anything because i figured it couldn't go anywhere, whereas now that i want something out of it, i grow all the more desperate to make it work in the time presented

What exactly do you want to get out of this?

Just to spend time with her, mostly, and to prove to myself that i can actually do this, though i hesitate to say that as it almost makes it sound like i'm using her as a guinea pig, but primarily the spending-time-with-her part

Though being coworkers, we spend a great deal of time together anyway, but that's not especially quality time (especially since there are 4 other interns beside, hence the e-mail i quoted above).

And heck, who knows.  It's not like anyone is really seperated FOREVER anymore.  Well outside death, what with the crazy modern wonders of the internet.

That said, I wouldn't look into it too much.

If she was lying she woulda just said she was completly booked up afterall, and even then she might of been telling the truth, though it wouldn't of mattered either way.

You're doing fine! just remember that women also have their doubts and uncertainties.. it's not only you who is stressing.. hench the movie thing she might not be ready for a dinner.. cause you know.. you have to talk which each other for at least 2 hours and timing your eating habits to the person your dating is also something you have to learn.. (my gf tends to eat slower then me so I adjust my rate of eating to her.. having finished your dinner a half hour sooner then her is a no no).. so a movie and a drink (coffee since you two ain't doing alchohol) afterwards is a good idea..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I can't believe you don't know what she thinks about you... She is your co-worker and you live in the same apartment complex!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

I can't believe you don't know what she thinks about you... She is your co-worker and you live in the same apartment complex!

Not like i have secret spies and informants that might be within her confidence, and yet secretly beholden to me so that they can learn her true feelings and tell them to me without her being aware

gotta take it slow, you know?

Around the Network

its funny becouse this is a video game website... ahaha!!  anyways..  be a man?  confidence is all that anyone will ever need to get a girl

Dude you are incredibly stressing over this. What do you really want out of this? Do you want to date her because she's attractive and you want to have sex with her? Or do you want to date her because you genuinely like her, enjoy her company, she makes you happy, etc? Sometimes the former can make it seem like the latter is true. And this happens a lot more than guys are willing to admit.

For eg. there was this gamer chick I talked to online awhile back and I thought I cared about her. But then I asked myself, "if she wasn't an attractive specimen with a vagina, would you really care all that much about spending time with her? Your other buddies are gamers too after all. What makes this any different than her being an attractive chick with a vagina?" Once I asked myself that question, it all became clear to me. And I started to really question the purpose of relationships beyond satisfying neurobiological urges (sex and the feeling of "being in love") and reproducing to further the human race.

That all said, I have my doubts as to whether love is really real (I can honestly say there isn't a single person on earth that I love. I don't even love my mother. I think my mother is a great person and I appreciate her. But I never felt strongly about her to say that I loved her. If I loved anyone in this world, it would be me). Maybe we just like to think we can love when really we're all just self-interested douchebags with selfish motivations. Or it could just be that love does exist but I myself am not capable of feeling genuine love for others.

loves2splooge said:

Dude you are incredibly stressing over this. What do you really want out of this? Do you want to date her because she's attractive and you want to have sex with her? Or do you want to date her because you genuinely like her, enjoy her company, she makes you happy, etc? Sometimes the former can make it seem like the latter is true. And this happens a lot more than guys are willing to admit.

For eg. there was this gamer chick I talked to online awhile back and I thought I cared about her. But then I asked myself, "if she wasn't an attractive specimen with a vagina, would you really care all that much about spending time with her? Your other buddies are gamers too after all. What makes this any different than her being an attractive chick with a vagina?" Once I asked myself that question, it all became clear to me. And I started to really question the purpose of relationships beyond satisfying neurobiological urges (sex and the feeling of "being in love") and reproducing to further the human race.

That all said, I have my doubts as to whether love is really real (I can honestly say there isn't a single person on earth that I love. I don't even love my mother. I think my mother is a great person and I appreciate her. But I never felt strongly about her to say that I loved her. If I loved anyone in this world, it would be me). Maybe we just like to think we can love when really we're all just self-interested douchebags with selfish motivations. Or it could just be that love does exist but I myself am not capable of feeling genuine love for others.

The latter is more definitely true in this case, as in the totally-honest-brutal description of things, she's not hot. Good-looking, to be certain, especially in the facial area that i find essential to find a girl attractive, but not hot (two of the other girls in my internship definitely outclass her either way. One is a smokin' Ecuadorian chick).

Well, that just collapsed spectacularly. Apparently it took her 24 hours to figure out that i was actually asking her out when i asked her out, and... yeah...

So, there goes that. Now i have three weeks of awkwardness to look forward to.

Though she said we could still go out together, just without actually going out together...

hmm... should i take the consolation prize or not? I'd rather not wreck what i have, but the long-term investment should at least net an outcome, or should i just retreat now and minimize the awkwardness in the short-term

I was prepared for rejection, but not 24 hours after i thought i had clinched it. That was a rather cruel way for this to happen.

Dude, just

Just laugh it off, pretend it happened no longer

No reason for things to be weird