By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot Black Ops wii review

I rebought the game today. I had returned it to GameStop unopened this weekend but just noticed I had $15 in rewards saved up from BestBuy so figured I might as well use it. The cheaper price, under $40 was the tiping point for me. I still have a lot of concerns regarding the connection issues but at least this way I'm not out of a full $50 . Not sure if I'l pick up the headset if the store has it when I go to pick up the game. I really don't want to deal with a lot of foul language, over usage of certain words, or just crap in general.

Around the Network
Guovssohas said:

That's wrong, it has zombies.

Some time i wonder if IGN at least try to erhm... play the Wii games that they review or they just play the HD version and than they say "Yeah it sucks, after all it on the wii"

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Well Call of duty Black ops wii has 4 reviews so far and 3 of them are 90 and then the 75 feom ign giving it a metascore of 85.

Oh and Just Dance 2 is now at 75 for generally favourable reviews lol it was at 74 for a while.

Well back to the store again this game goes. :( The more I read about the issues it is having the less and less I want to play it. I'm glad I didn't open it when I did though. If I had to go through all the issues players are having connecting online and the game seemingly really working the disc drive in the Wii to the point it can break it I would go crazy with frustration. The community out reach from Treyarch/Activision is really piss poor I think and that's another reason I'm not wanting to play it. Granted there isn't anything I can see from Eurocom but they delivered a very solid game and I haven't run into any hackers online (they still might be there I don't know) and I just ignore the first 6 spots on the leader boards.

NeoStar9 said:

Well back to the store again this game goes. :( The more I read about the issues it is having the less and less I want to play it. I'm glad I didn't open it when I did though. If I had to go through all the issues players are having connecting online and the game seemingly really working the disc drive in the Wii to the point it can break it I would go crazy with frustration. The community out reach from Treyarch/Activision is really piss poor I think and that's another reason I'm not wanting to play it. Granted there isn't anything I can see from Eurocom but they delivered a very solid game and I haven't run into any hackers online (they still might be there I don't know) and I just ignore the first 6 spots on the leader boards.

The issues will all be fixed in a day or so. Also, Treyarch is heavily listening to the Wii community on the call of duty forums. There's already 3 stickied threads from JD_2020 addressing issues just for the Wii community. 

Also, most people who have been experiencing those issues for Black Ops are people using wired connections. There seems to be a problem with them. Either way, Treyarch already have a patch ready, and are just waiting for the approval from Nintendo and are doing their final tests with the patch.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network
Crazybone126 said:

The IGN review is just full of wrong. You can't compare a Wii game to the other consoles. Also within that review they even mentioned MW2...HELLLOOOOOO MW2 was never on the Wii. The Gamespot review is much better.

Who said you can't compared Wii games to other consoles? They will compare consoles and PC if it's the same game. You do know some of us has more than one console as well as PC.

Shonen said:
Guovssohas said:

That's wrong, it has zombies.

Some time i wonder if IGN at least try to erhm... play the Wii games that they review or they just play the HD version and than they say "Yeah it sucks, after all it on the wii"

Some time I wonder if people at least try to erhm... read all the comments in a thread or just spamming threads.

bazmeistergen said:
NeoStar9 said:

I really don't see how the Wii version gets the same score as the other versions (when it lacks content, features, and has online connection issues). Even then you now the review scores are questionable as the PC version got the same and that was suppose to be a mess at launch.

They are all having online connection issues at the moment.

It doesn't lack many features to be honest. A couple of Zombie maps and split screen is all I think.

And changes in singleplayers... The boat scene as example (they mentioned it on the GT review)..

Lostplanet22 said:
bazmeistergen said:
NeoStar9 said:

I really don't see how the Wii version gets the same score as the other versions (when it lacks content, features, and has online connection issues). Even then you now the review scores are questionable as the PC version got the same and that was suppose to be a mess at launch.

They are all having online connection issues at the moment.

It doesn't lack many features to be honest. A couple of Zombie maps and split screen is all I think.

And changes in singleplayers... The boat scene as example (they mentioned it on the GT review)..

Exactly. There is a actually lack of content in levels. As in parts totally cut from the game. Online customization features completely cut from the game. I'll agree all versions are having online issues but the Wii more so then others. I don't doubt the single player might be enjoyable but there are issues with the game on several fronts. Just still don't agree how it gets the same score as the other versions. Don't understand how the PC version got it's score either. Hell I don't understand how the PS3/360 versions got their scores as they have both been patched several times it seems since launch. They weren't reviewing the patches but the code on the disk pre-patch.

Bah. Don't know why I'm so concerned anyway since I'm picking up a replacement game anyway due to taking BOWii back. Goldeneye has been fulfilling the FPS niche more then I thought it would.

I would agree with the score of 9.

Just finished the singleplayer and it was good. Not as good as Goldeneye. I dont think a few bits of missing content really would change my opinion of it.

Multiplayer is where the game shines. Its really well balanced. Loads of content. Solid controls.

For the record I have never had any issues with connectivity. As stated before, Treyarch is giving far more attention to the Wii than most 3rd parties. BOwii is a vast improvement over the previous games. And they put most of the content that you get in HD versions.

It is an AMAZING game.