By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The NBA discussion thread

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
xeroxm3 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

About time !!!

Anyways I'm a big Blazers fan. Used to be a big Suns fan until they lost Amare. I would definetely be lieing if I said that I'm not a Miami fan. I am. A big one. People can hate on Lebron all they want but I see no problem with him teaming up with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. I truly believe they'll win a championship IF they get a proper C and PG.

They don't even really need a proper PG with Wade and Lebron on the team. If they had a knockdown 3pt shooting PG that plays solid defense it would be enough for them. They definitely need a true inside presence in the paint though because Joel Anthony and Big Z aren't going to get it done in the playoffs against the likes of Pau or Dwight.

They need a PG who can guard. I agree that either Wade or Lebron can play the point on the offensive end. And your spot on with the C ! They need one who can :

- Score in the post
- Change / block shots
- Run the floor
- Rebound

They need someone like Gasol. I'm questioning whether or not Miami should trade Bosh.

No way LBJ or Wade would allow that. Bosh is overrated, I think that's accepted by everyone, but he's still a solid 20/10 on a normal team with a bit of confidence. I think a guy like Brook Lopez would be absolutely perfect for this Miami team, but unfortunately there aren't many of him going round and what do the Heat have to offer? They could possibly, at a stretch, target a guy like Robin Lopez or maybe even entice Portland to part with Greg Oden but he obviously has massive injury issues surrounding him. Any other mid-level centre you guys can think of? 

None from the top of my head so far. The Heat getting Greg Oden doesn't sound far fetched to me. The Blazers
didn't offer him an extension. Robin Lopez might be on the trading block, but I suspect that they'll be wanting to get rid of Hedo and Lopez may be part of the package.  But if Pat Riley can complete the biggest FA signing ever then I think he can get a solid C with a good post game.

That's for sure, I'm sure Riley has a few people in mind. Oden, if he can stay healthy, would be a great option and he's already said he wants out of Portland. 

Where did you think Lebron was going to go, btw? Personally, I thought the Nets were a great option; Harris and Lopez are two fine players, and Lopez is one of the best younger centres in the league in my opinion. Add Lebron to that mix, and maybe David Lee (who is the most underrated PF in the league in my opinion) and the Nets would have been pretty frightening; they certainly would have been set up better than Miami are now, just not with the full on talent level the Heat have. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:

The hate for Miami really is quite funny; LeBron no doubt handled the situation terribly but it was well within his right to leave an awfully managed Cleveland team. I'm sure he got sick of making Mike Brown look like an above average coach, and after Dan Gilbert's comments, his decision was all the more vindicated. 

Saying he handled it terribly was an understatement.

There was like no way he could of handled that worse without committing a crime.

It's probably the worse PR move ever.

Outside of like... OJ Simpson killing his wife... and the sad thing is... that's not an exageration.

That's the only time I can think of public opinion swaying this much.

One thing that I really think sets people off is a subconsious realization of the trouble that would bring if more people DID do this.

Think about it.  Money doesn't REALLY matter, 30 million or 25 million does it matter for the stars when they have 80 million dollar shoe deals?

So lets say stars start making superteams like Lebron and Wade did.

There is no point in having a team outside of Florida, California, New York, and Texas.

They offer way more then any of the midmarket teams can in the terms of intangibles.

With money being an option, every team had the possibility of drafting a star and having a star...

If they start going wherever they want with a disregard for money...  well you could fold up a lot of franchises right now.

Or relocate them all too the outer rims of the country slowely.

This is something that would not be good for buisness.

Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
xeroxm3 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

About time !!!

Anyways I'm a big Blazers fan. Used to be a big Suns fan until they lost Amare. I would definetely be lieing if I said that I'm not a Miami fan. I am. A big one. People can hate on Lebron all they want but I see no problem with him teaming up with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. I truly believe they'll win a championship IF they get a proper C and PG.

They don't even really need a proper PG with Wade and Lebron on the team. If they had a knockdown 3pt shooting PG that plays solid defense it would be enough for them. They definitely need a true inside presence in the paint though because Joel Anthony and Big Z aren't going to get it done in the playoffs against the likes of Pau or Dwight.

They need a PG who can guard. I agree that either Wade or Lebron can play the point on the offensive end. And your spot on with the C ! They need one who can :

- Score in the post
- Change / block shots
- Run the floor
- Rebound

They need someone like Gasol. I'm questioning whether or not Miami should trade Bosh.

No way LBJ or Wade would allow that. Bosh is overrated, I think that's accepted by everyone, but he's still a solid 20/10 on a normal team with a bit of confidence. I think a guy like Brook Lopez would be absolutely perfect for this Miami team, but unfortunately there aren't many of him going round and what do the Heat have to offer? They could possibly, at a stretch, target a guy like Robin Lopez or maybe even entice Portland to part with Greg Oden but he obviously has massive injury issues surrounding him. Any other mid-level centre you guys can think of? 

None from the top of my head so far. The Heat getting Greg Oden doesn't sound far fetched to me. The Blazers
didn't offer him an extension. Robin Lopez might be on the trading block, but I suspect that they'll be wanting to get rid of Hedo and Lopez may be part of the package.  But if Pat Riley can complete the biggest FA signing ever then I think he can get a solid C with a good post game.

That's for sure, I'm sure Riley has a few people in mind. Oden, if he can stay healthy, would be a great option and he's already said he wants out of Portland. 

Where did you think Lebron was going to go, btw? Personally, I thought the Nets were a great option; Harris and Lopez are two fine players, and Lopez is one of the best younger centres in the league in my opinion. Add Lebron to that mix, and maybe David Lee (who is the most underrated PF in the league in my opinion) and the Nets would have been pretty frightening; they certainly would have been set up better than Miami are now, just not with the full on talent level the Heat have. 

I actually bought into the " Lebron to Knicks " hype a couple years back. But during the summer I believed he was heading towards Chicago. He said that he loved the city. It was reported that he was looking for a house. They even set him a nice little package. Not to mention that they have a great supporting cast in place with a great defensive coach in Tom Thibadeau. The only problem I see occuring would be the same one in Miami :
Who's going to have the ball ? Derrick Rose has never played off the ball in his career. And Lebron needs the
ball to be effective. But IF Lebron went to Chicago instead of Miami just imagine a trio of James, Rose, Boozer with good role players in Noah, Gibson, and Deng ... DAMN !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Kasz216 said:
Bladeneo said:

The hate for Miami really is quite funny; LeBron no doubt handled the situation terribly but it was well within his right to leave an awfully managed Cleveland team. I'm sure he got sick of making Mike Brown look like an above average coach, and after Dan Gilbert's comments, his decision was all the more vindicated. 

There was like no way he could of handled that worse without committing a crime.

Outside of like... OJ Simpson killing his wife... and the sad thing is... that's not an exageration.

One thing that I really think sets people off is a subconsious realization of the trouble that would bring if more people DID do this.

Think about it.  Money doesn't REALLY matter, 30 million or 25 million does it matter for the stars when they have 80 million dollar shoe deals?

There is no point in having a team outside of Florida, California, New York, and Texas.

They offer way more then any of the midmarket teams can in the terms of intangibles.

To be honest I think you're forgetting quite how good the teams used to be back in the 80s and 90s. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? Bird, Parish, McHale (and Len Bias had superstar potential remember). The Jazz had Stockton and Malone, the Hawks had Dominique and Moses Malone in the late 80s too. 

Hell, look at the Lakers now, and even the Celtics, they're aging but those teams are stacked; Lebron and Wade being together doesn't put them over those teams. 

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
xeroxm3 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

About time !!!

- Score in the post
- Change / block shots
- Run the floor
- Rebound

I actually bought into the " Lebron to Knicks " hype a couple years back. But during the summer I believed he was heading towards Chicago. He said that he loved the city. It was reported that he was looking for a house. They even set him a nice little package. Not to mention that they have a great supporting cast in place with a great defensive coach in Tom Thibadeau. The only problem I see occuring would be the same one in Miami :
Who's going to have the ball ? Derrick Rose has never played off the ball in his career. And Lebron needs the
ball to be effective. But IF Lebron went to Chicago instead of Miami just imagine a trio of James, Rose, Boozer with good role players in Noah, Gibson, and Deng ... DAMN !

Chicago seemed like a perfect place, and let's not forget, the Bulls had the potential to grab Wade as well, and maybe even Bosh if they lost Deng and I think Noah. It's a shame everyone hates Cleveland so much, if Lebron had played somewhere nicer they'd have come to him and people wouldn't hate him haha. 

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:
Kasz216 said:
Bladeneo said:

To be honest I think you're forgetting quite how good the teams used to be back in the 80s and 90s. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? Bird, Parish, McHale (and Len Bias had superstar potential remember). The Jazz had Stockton and Malone, the Hawks had Dominique and Moses Malone in the late 80s too. 

Hell, look at the Lakers now, and even the Celtics, they're aging but those teams are stacked; Lebron and Wade being together doesn't put them over those teams. 

The Utah Jazz and the Atlanta Hawks you mean?   Teams that stacked themselves through having good GMs?

It's a bit different then 3 friends deciding to play together in Miami because they like the club scene.

What Superstars are willingly going to want to team up and go to Utah?

Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
xeroxm3 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

About time !!!

- Score in the post
- Change / block shots
- Run the floor
- Rebound

Chicago seemed like a perfect place, and let's not forget, the Bulls had the potential to grab Wade as well, and maybe even Bosh if they lost Deng and I think Noah. It's a shame everyone hates Cleveland so much, if Lebron had played somewhere nicer they'd have come to him and people wouldn't hate him haha. 

Chicago was the best fit for either James and Wade. If Chicago got Wade, Lebron, and Rose alltogether though ... I would be speechless. But yeah, Bosh declined the option to play in Cleveland ... I think that Ron and Marion declined the option to play there aswell. But since were on the topic of FA's, where do you think that Melo will end up ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Bladeneo said:
epicurean said:
leo-j said:
Bladeneo said:

I'm glad people are "hating" and looking at miami more now, because wade is so underrated, it's not even funny, I hate how the nba and espn and fox sports.. etc.. would constanly praise lebron and kobe as if they were the only good players in the league, when the guy with the highest PPG average last year was DWAYNE WADE, and so far, he's the 3rd best scorer in the league despite having two huge point forwards

Kevin Durant won the scoring title last year.  Lebron was second.  Not sure where you are getting Wade from, unless PPG doesn't stand for "Points Per Game".

But I do like Wade, not trying to bash....just saying....

I firmly agree D-Wade is underrated, in my opinion he's every bit as good as Kobe, but purely from an ability standpoint no player in the league can match what LeBron does night in night out. Of course, every big player on the Miami team will suffer statistically, but once that team gets going I'm not sure who's going to be able to stop them. They've been shredded by fantastic point guards this season, but I can't see Erik Spoelstra not allowing Wade or LeBron to take over defensive duties in the playoffs if they come up against the Celtics. 

Tonight's game will certainly be interesting; Boston are as good as anyone when they want to be, but it remains to be seen if they can keep that intensity up consistently. They played that home opener like it was game 7 of the finals. It's just a shame they didn't show the same intensity in the actual game 7. 

D-Wade underrated?  sure he doesn't get the coverage he deserves, but that's because Miami hasn't won in a while.

I think Wade was rated higher than Kobe in the pre-season ranking.

Bladeneo said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
xeroxm3 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

About time !!!

- Score in the post
- Change / block shots
- Run the floor
- Rebound

I don't think Bosh is overrated, but he is difficult to place in the team.  He is too weak to be a power forward.

Don't know if this is true, but my friend told me last night that Bosh might get traded.

Miami needs a point guard.  But I don't want them to cause I want to see Lakers and Celtics in the finals again.

Kasz216 said:
Bladeneo said:
Kasz216 said:
Bladeneo said:

The Utah Jazz and the Atlanta Hawks you mean?   Teams that stacked themselves through having good GMs?

It's a bit different then 3 friends deciding to play together in Miami because they like the club scene.

What Superstars are willingly going to want to team up and go to Utah?

That's the point though, LeBron would have stayed in Cleveland but nobody wanted to go there and they didn't exactly have the most enticing supporting cast anyway. The Cavs were so intent on giving LeBron players that were only good on paper or past their prime rather than make a decent trade to get him a good enough supporting cast. 

I don't think the league is all of a sudden going to turn into a make your own super team marathon. There are young, good teams and there are stacked teams already, Miami have just added through free agency like most good teams do. They added a superstar, which admittedly is a very rare feat to accomplish in free agency but I can't remember many MVP's playing with such an awful roster and sticking around for more than seven years.