By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Some Early Thoughts on Kinect Performance

how will adults get bored at this game. This is filming 2 people playing with each other not talking. It is exactly what it is. That is games, it looks fun. People who have never played a game and seen this want to play this.

You may get bored after a while. Don't generalise.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

how will adults get bored at this game. This is filming 2 people playing with each other not talking. It is exactly what it is. That is games, it looks fun. People who have never played a game and seen this want to play this.

Thanks for the giggles :)

I'm not generalising though, just looking at the facts. The eye-toy did almost everything Kinect does, so I don't see how Kinect's demographic would be any different.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Vexxmania said:
AussieGecko said:

I'm not generalising though, just looking at the facts. The eye-toy did almost everything Kinect does, so I don't see how Kinect's demographic would be any different.

BOOM! there it is.

Kinect is not Eyetoy, Kinect isn't anywhere near Eyetoy.

Eyetoy doesnt have 3D camera

Eyetoy doesnt control the console without a specific game

Eyetoy is NOT Kinect.

People were already told not to say they were the same, you should probably heed it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

greenmedic88 said:

It doesn't currently look that way though. It's looking like all of the kits are selling under the $200 mark

It should also be noted that a lot of the Ebay postings appear to be from individuals who have multiple Kinect kits for sale and likely buying all stock they can find to flip on Ebay. 

Assuming MS has inventory issues (hopefully not as I believe they will want to ship as many kits as humanly possible over the holidays), maybe these people should be hoarding their wares until after Black Friday. 

Seems to me there are tons of people trying to make few bucks - in vain. Basically no bidding happening on anything above list price. Massive fail incoming for those who sit on a load of units and thought they could make a few buxks.

AussieGecko said:
Vexxmania said:
AussieGecko said:

BOOM! there it is.

Kinect is not Eyetoy, Kinect isn't anywhere near Eyetoy.

Eyetoy doesnt have 3D camera

Eyetoy doesnt control the console without a specific game

Eyetoy is NOT Kinect.

People were already told not to say they were the same, you should probably heed it.

Does having an integrated 3D cam really bring a new experience to Kinect's gameplay? I doubt it, since 3D is still in its infancy at the moment.

You would buy a $150 peripheral, just so as to control your console without using a remote or controller? Really?

As I said, the Eyetoy did most of what Kinect can do and as such, I can't see this being used by adults much. Only software can bring a change to this IMO. We'll have to wait and see, but I got my money on my opinion. I doubt it will be swayed in the long run.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Smidlee said:

There is even more Kinect sensors for mark up prices on Ebay today than there was yesterday. I start to wonder if half of those who bought Kinect only did so to sell on Ebay. Some of the pics on Ebay shows stacks of Kinect ready for sell to those who are impatience to buy them at regular price.

Things like this happens on every big console launch and it wouldn't work if the demand wasn't high.

drkohler said:
greenmedic88 said:

It doesn't currently look that way though. It's looking like all of the kits are selling under the $200 mark

It should also be noted that a lot of the Ebay postings appear to be from individuals who have multiple Kinect kits for sale and likely buying all stock they can find to flip on Ebay. 

Assuming MS has inventory issues (hopefully not as I believe they will want to ship as many kits as humanly possible over the holidays), maybe these people should be hoarding their wares until after Black Friday. 

Seems to me there are tons of people trying to make few bucks - in vain. Basically no bidding happening on anything above list price. Massive fail incoming for those who sit on a load of units and thought they could make a few buxks.

Im willing to bet that most of those are basically store owners who wanted some extra cash. If it fails, it just goes back on the shelves.

mundus6 said:
Smidlee said:

There is even more Kinect sensors for mark up prices on Ebay today than there was yesterday. I start to wonder if half of those who bought Kinect only did so to sell on Ebay. Some of the pics on Ebay shows stacks of Kinect ready for sell to those who are impatience to buy them at regular price.

Things like this happens on every big console launch and it wouldn't work if the demand wasn't high.

Is it working with the number of kinect on E-bay growing every day?

Amazon is sold out of the sensor, 4GB and 250GB Kinect bundles.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

We never saw people trying to sell Move on Ebay. The fact that Kinect is being sold on EBay means that the demand really is high. Come Black Friday the people on EBay with Kinect units will be making profit on their units.

Kinect is already fully sold out at Amazon (the standalone as well as the 360 units, both 4 gig and 250 gig). Target and Bes Buy are also completely sold out online. By Black Friday brick and mortar stores will be sold out of all Kinect as well, including the ones bundled with the 360 console.

Kinect is just gainging in Sales momentum and has already outsold Move, even though Move has been out almost 2 months longer.